Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies. I hope you all had a good day. Sounds like a bit of a struggle for some.

Phyl, I have such a hard time when I get hungry. The day is really shot when that's how it starts. So I do hear you.

Janet, I don't even ask dh to go walking anymore because it drives me crazy to walk that slow anymore. It's great of you to take a partner on though. You have some good karma building.

Went grocery shopping with my niece today. Walmart amazes me every time I go shopping out there. It amazes me that I can buy make-up, school supplies, shoes, pants, and groceries all in the place. Anyways. I bought one more pair of size 8's. That gives me 2 pairs of pants and a couple shirts that I can take. That should be plenty. Amazed that I fit in size 8. I can't even explain how unbelievable it is to me. And the thought that I have 25 pounds to lose still....where I'll be when that's gone, I'm amazed.

Anyways, went and got a pedicure tonight. That was fun.

food today was the meat out of a beef n cheddar, 1/2 a McD's parfait, some chx salad and kashi crackers, some flax chips and salsa, and finally the top of a piece of pizza. It could have been better, but I was away from home most of the day and was eating while driving so salad wasn't an option. I did have plenty of liquid today though.

Going on a bike ride tomorrow so probably won't see you all until tomorrow night. Doing a coffee hour at church in the morning....taking fruit. My partner is bringing rolls. I'm pretty excited that I'm bringing the healthy stuff. Good for me.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Good Evening Ladies

I am gettin jealous hearing about the MofA trip. I wanna go!! You guys better take pictures........lots of them.........and post them.

CANDACE - Are you taking 69 to 96 from Port Huron to Muskegan? Maybe if you have enough time, we could meet for coffee or water.......before or after your trip. Cell # 734-904- 8616.

JANET - Loved the picture. You are smoking, girl!!! I tried drsses on the other day. i'm nowhere close to a 6. Try XL. I am back to normal and feeling great. Although, after the gym yesterday and sweating a lot, I had to do some fast talking to myself cause I wanted to stop at the corner store and get a frozen coke so I didn't get dehydrated again. LOL

At the Art Fair, they had a Wii booth where you could try out the Wii fit. DH tried to talk me into it, but I guess I was feeling pretty rotten then cause I wanted no part of it.

DRINK UP LADIES. TTYLsig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Kari - Congrats on the XL thats great and acheivment in its self :teeth_smile: Be happy... btw my dresses are 10's for some reason and even 12 - I don't know why but that's what fits..

I and was thinking this morning I gotta start figuring out what to take for our trip - I gotta be at the airport 4:45 a.m. on Friday - plane leaves at 6 a.m

Sure wish you could join us. Sounds like you're not too far away. I just looked at the map to see where Port Huron & Muskegon are.

Boy!! Candice has a LONG drive!!

I am not having a good food day.

Our Primetimers group had a "country breakfast" at someone's home this morning. There were about 60 of us there. We had to sit in sort of an awkward location and nothing was getting passed to us. So I started with what was in front of me.... biscuit and gravy! I only put a little gravy on one half of a small biscuit. It was after 10 a.m. and I was starving. Then I had some (cold) scrambled eggs and a small sausage patty. I tried a bite of cantelope then and it almost came up... didn't agree with me, and it set the scene for the rest of the day! Several hours later I was getting hungry for lunch so I had 1/2 a deviled egg. Felt stuck again. And it's just been kind of a miserable day stomach wise. DH gave me a 3 oz glass of wine a couple of hours ago and it's still sitting next to me. I look at it every now and then, but do desire to drink it or anything else! Had a small piece of fish and an ear of corn tonight. Tight day, I guess.

Phyl - you had a large fill - becareful that you aren't too tight... but I see that you did get something in for dinner.. 1 cc is alot per my doc..

When do you get on train?? 4 more days.... or sleeps like Candice says (not counting today)

Hi ladies. I hope you all had a good day. Sounds like a bit of a struggle for some.

Phyl, I have such a hard time when I get hungry. The day is really shot when that's how it starts. So I do hear you.

Janet, I don't even ask dh to go walking anymore because it drives me crazy to walk that slow anymore. It's great of you to take a partner on though. You have some good karma building.

Went grocery shopping with my niece today. Walmart amazes me every time I go shopping out there. It amazes me that I can buy make-up, school supplies, shoes, pants, and groceries all in the place. Anyways. I bought one more pair of size 8's. That gives me 2 pairs of pants and a couple shirts that I can take. That should be plenty. Amazed that I fit in size 8. I can't even explain how unbelievable it is to me. And the thought that I have 25 pounds to lose still....where I'll be when that's gone, I'm amazed.

Anyways, went and got a pedicure tonight. That was fun.

Food today was the meat out of a beef n cheddar, 1/2 a McD's parfait, some chx salad and kashi crackers, some flax chips and salsa, and finally the top of a piece of pizza. It could have been better, but I was away from home most of the day and was eating while driving so salad wasn't an option. I did have plenty of liquid today though.

Going on a bike ride tomorrow so probably won't see you all until tomorrow night. Doing a coffee hour at church in the morning....taking fruit. My partner is bringing rolls. I'm pretty excited that I'm bringing the healthy stuff. Good for me.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Steph I am tempted to go to the gym this morning so that I can really push up my pace - Yes I can be nice but not so nice that I am not going to complain a bit to you guys so that doesn't help my karma :lol:- yesterday wasn't a good food day for me - cuz I was tired - I had some almonds (170)- 2 pieces of sf lemon cake (260 calores) Soup for dinner (??? 300) - some jalapeno bread (200 includes butter) popcorn (100) 2 puddings (120) just seems like I ate alot of food (grazing) am alot of starches - I am no longer keeping food log (well at least for now - we will see how the maintaining goes - if I start gaining then I am going back to it - but I do keep a tally in my head - but worry about my forgetfullness - you know a bite of this or that :thumbup:)

Well, I am going to the gym - see what you guys do for me - you just made me realize that I gotta get my butt in gear - I need the exercise...

CBL :tongue:

Well back from the gym for a bit now - I guess I am a gym rat - I went on Sunday which I rarely ever do - but since I ate yesterday (oh ya forgot about the tato chips & sour cream (lite) 150 cal max) and haven't really worked out my hardest since my training partner has joined me.. I really did need to go sweat... Feel really good - the Power starts with you - Power is strenght.... those are the words painted on the walls at the gym..

Well I need to figure out what I am taking on our trip - ck out the weather forecast, plus I gotta get dog food - but don't want to get dressed..

cbl.... :thumbup:

I and was thinking this morning I gotta start figuring out what to take for our trip - I gotta be at the airport 4:45 a.m. on Friday - plane leaves at 6 a.m. When do you get on train?? 4 more days.... or sleeps like Candice says (not counting today)

Phyl - you had a large fill - be careful that you aren't too tight... but I see that you did get something in for dinner.. 1 cc is alot per my doc..

Well, I am going to the gym - see what you guys do for me - you just made me realize that I gotta get my butt in gear - I need the exercise...CBL :thumbup:

I finally started packing for real. DH is trying to tell me we need one more suitcase or a bigger suitcase! I can't believe that is him talking! So may have to go to DD's & see what suitcases we have in their barn. I want one suitcase and my wheeled backpack for the train & one more to check. We get on the train at 5:45 pm Wed. We went over to the train station and watched one of the northbound trains come in just to get familiar with the process. They're in the station no more than 5 minutes! Gotta be ready!

I'm not too tight, but definitely tighter and need to be careful. PB'd yesterday, which is very unusual for me & only happened once before, and one other almost. Only thing that came up was a few sips of latte! It was strange that what I'd just eaten didn't come up. Yes, I know... NONO... I bought a latte right after eating something. Then could only take a few sips, and 1/2 hour later, the few sips came up. I was bad. I paid!

Good Evening Ladies

I am gettin jealous hearing about the MofA trip. I wanna go!! You guys better take pictures........lots of them.........and post them.

CANDACE - Are you taking 69 to 96 from Port Huron to Muskegan? Maybe if you have enough time, we could meet for coffee or water.......before or after your trip. Cell # 734-904- 8616.

JANET - Loved the picture. You are smoking, girl!!! I tried drsses on the other day. i'm nowhere close to a 6. Try XL. I am back to normal and feeling great. Although, after the gym yesterday and sweating a lot, I had to do some fast talking to myself cause I wanted to stop at the corner store and get a frozen coke so I didn't get dehydrated again. LOL

At the Art Fair, they had a Wii booth where you could try out the Wii fit. DH tried to talk me into it, but I guess I was feeling pretty rotten then cause I wanted no part of it.

DRINK UP LADIES. TTYL

7_4_33.gif

oops, didn't mean to be in CAPS...:sneaky:

Kira, I still have to Mapquest my route thru Michigan, but if I happen to be close to you and I have oodles of time before the ferry - I'll call you for sure.!!! I HAVE tob e at the Ferry terminal (with my car pre=parked) by 4 p.m.... boat leaves the dock at 4:45 and apparently there's a security check point to pass thru as well. Don't know what that entails? Perhaps I should leave my Underwire Bra at home!!! :biggrin:

Linda is picking me up on the other side of Lake Michigan in Milwakee at 6:16 p.m. really looking forward to the high speed drive across the lake . It will be cool!~!

From Milwakee to Minneapolis (sorry if I spelled it wrong) I don't know how long that takes to drive... but I am sure Linda is more familiar with it. When we get to M of A... you'll be calling us Thelma and Louise!!

Should be a blast. We'll yak all the way I am sure.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

I finally started packing for real. DH is trying to tell me we need one more suitcase or a bigger suitcase! I can't believe that is him talking! So may have to go to DD's & see what suitcases we have in their barn. I want one suitcase and my wheeled backpack for the train & one more to check. We get on the train at 5:45 pm Wed. We went over to the train station and watched one of the northbound trains come in just to get familiar with the process. They're in the station no more than 5 minutes! Gotta be ready!

I'm not too tight, but definitely tighter and need to be careful. PB'd yesterday, which is very unusual for me & only happened once before, and one other almost. Only thing that came up was a few sips of latte! It was strange that what I'd just eaten didn't come up. Yes, I know... NONO... I bought a latte right after eating something. Then could only take a few sips, and 1/2 hour later, the few sips came up. I was bad. I paid!

Phyl and Janet & Stephanie & Linda; O.k. I'm getting out my suitcase tonight!!!

Now that Janet has sent me her clothing guideline :ohmy: I've got to make sure that everything fits... I went to visit my DD today and wore an old fav. black and white stripped T with Blue Jean capris... the Capri's are a 16 and fit great.

Then I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and realized that the TOP is huge!!! It looks like I saved it from my Maternity Clothes bag!! It's getting chucked tonight!!! :blushing:

Plus, I won't have DH to hump my luggage, so I'd better pack economically cause I won't have the strength to carry what I usually pack...:wink:

Oooh, food police... I was kinda not good today. Breakfast: Protien shake (o.k.)

LUNCH: we went out to an Indian(EAST) buffet rest. in Toronto... omg was it ever good, I had 1/2 cup rice, Lamb curry, some onion fritter thingy, 1/2 a NAN bread, 1 small piece of chick. breast (1 oz) and then I had desert... it looked like a timbit or maybe you guys call them Donut holes??? anyways they were divine!!!!

It's 8 p.m. I'm not too hungry so havn't had dinner yet either.:blink:

Kari;

Below is my route in Michigan... does this come anywhere near you??? Candice

Indian Road N, Sarnia, ON N7V

icon-dirs-start.gif

1:

Start out going SOUTH on INDIAN RD N/CR-29 S toward ROSEDALE AVE.0.4 mirs_ramp.gif

2:

Turn LEFT to take the HWY-402 W ramp toward BRIDGE TO U.S.A..0.4 mi?s=rs&t=RS00022CO&n=402&d=WEST&v=

3:

Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 402 W (Portions toll) (Crossing into *UNITED STATES* MICHIGAN).2.6 mi?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=69&d=WEST&v=

4:

PROVINCIAL ROUTE 402 W becomes I-69 W/I-94 W (Portions toll).3.4 mi?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=69&d=WEST&v=

5:

Merge onto I-69 W via EXIT 271 toward FLINT/LANSING.118.9 mirs_gr_exitright.gif

6:

Take the I-96 W exit, EXIT 81, toward GRAND RAPIDS.0.3 mi?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=96&d=WEST&v=

7:

Merge onto I-96 W via the exit on the LEFT toward GD RAPIDS.90.6 mi?s=rs&t=RS00002BW&n=31&d=NORTH&v=

8:

Merge onto S SEAWAY DR/US-31 BR N.5.2 mi?s=rs&t=RS00002BW&n=31&d=SOUTH&v=

9:

Make a U-TURN onto US-31 BR S/N SEAWAY DR.0.1 mirs_right.gif

10:

Turn RIGHT onto W LAKETON AVE.1.1 mirs_straight.gif

11:

W LAKETON AVE becomes LAKESHORE DR.0.6 miicon-dirs-end.gif

12:

End at 1918 Lakeshore Dr Muskegon, MI 49441-1643 Estimated Time: 3.0 hours 32 minutesEstimated Distance: 223.60 miles

B: 1918 Lakeshore Dr, Muskegon, MI 49441-1643

Total Time: 3.0 hours 32 minutesTotal Distance: 223.60 miles

I got all my clothes that I am taking on one side of the closet - and I will pack Thursday night when I get home from the hair dressers

Size of suitcase is a whole nother matter - cuz what I am taking would fit in my carry-on- but I won't have enough room when I return with my purchases :eek: Well who knows I might not find anything :blink: doubt it cuz they have stores we don't have here - blooningdales - and at the black/white store - I get free shipping - so I could ship those home and I think Nordstoms does that too... I think I will take a bigger suitcase so I will have room coming home and just ck my bag and they better not lose it..:eek:

I had Starbucks new banana something yesterday with the whey Protein and I had to go slow.. it didn't want to go down - thick and cold i guess.

Phyl and Janet & Stephanie & Linda; O.k. I'm getting out my suitcase tonight!!!

Now that Janet has sent me her clothing guideline :ohmy: I've got to make sure that everything fits... I went to visit my DD today and wore an old fav. black and white stripped T with Blue Jean capris... the Capri's are a 16 and fit great.

Then I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and realized that the TOP is huge!!! It looks like I saved it from my Maternity Clothes bag!! It's getting chucked tonight!!! :blushing:

Plus, I won't have DH to hump my luggage, so I'd better pack economically cause I won't have the strength to carry what I usually pack...:wink:

Oooh, food police... I was kinda not good today. Breakfast: Protien shake (o.k.)

LUNCH: we went out to an Indian(EAST) buffet rest. in Toronto... omg was it ever good, I had 1/2 cup rice, Lamb curry, some onion fritter thingy, 1/2 a NAN bread, 1 small piece of chick. breast (1 oz) and then I had desert... it looked like a timbit or maybe you guys call them Donut holes??? anyways they were divine!!!!

It's 8 p.m. I'm not too hungry so havn't had dinner yet either.:wink:

Candice

I just wanted to know what everyone was taking as far as clothes goes.- really 84 is almost cold for me :lol: and 64 is cold for me :biggrin: but if I need a sweater I will just get one there..

Food Cop can't say much today as yesterday I grazed a bit - but did make up for it by going to the gym today and I RARELY ever go on Sunday's and today I had a salad for lunch - got the bbq going steak for dinner..

But I will say that you need to get some exercise tomorrow to make up for today and eat light tomorrow too :sneaky:

oh i just thought of something - we need to get our picture taken and put on coffee mugs as our souvenies.... OK someone needs to remember this incase I don't...

OK gotta go put the steak on...

I got all my clothes that I am taking on one side of the closet - and I will pack Thursday night when I get home from the hair dressers

Candice

I just wanted to know what everyone was taking as far as clothes goes.- really 84 is almost cold for me :sneaky: and 64 is cold for me :ohmy: but if I need a sweater I will just get one there..

Food Cop can't say much today as yesterday I grazed a bit - but did make up for it by going to the gym today and I RARELY ever go on Sunday's and today I had a salad for lunch - got the bbq going steak for dinner..

But I will say that you need to get some exercise tomorrow to make up for today and eat light tomorrow too :blushing:

oh i just thought of something - we need to get our picture taken and put on coffee mugs as our souvenirs.... OK someone needs to remember this in case I don't...

OK gotta go put the steak on...

Liked your clothes list..but I didn't see the slinky dress on it! :biggrin:

So you're not going to wear that shopping??

DH will be our photographer. Though I"m not impressed with his skills!

We'll have to coach him.

Today is my ONE YEAR Bandiversary

... he took pictures this morning.

He kept taking them with me way over to the left of the picture!

Said he didn't want the screen door in the picture.

Duh!! I can move!

I like that... putting the pictures on coffee mug.

36_14_13.gif

Liked your clothes list..but I didn't see the slinky dress on it! :ohmy:

So you're not going to wear that shopping??

DH will be our photographer. Though I"m not impressed with his skills!

We'll have to coach him.

Today is my ONE YEAR Bandiversary

... he took pictures this morning.

He kept taking them with me way over to the left of the picture!

Said he didn't want the screen door in the picture.

Duh!! I can move!

I like that... putting the pictures on coffee mug.

[/url]

To funny Phyl you want me to look like a hooker walking down the mall of america and get arrested 36_11_24.gif  Then you guy would have to come and bail me out...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Karri

Where are you girl - did you get to go walking today??? How are you feeling???

I may just follow in your footsteps and get some p.s. - at thanksgiving time.. Delima - though my sis turns 60 (the day after thanksgiving) so I thought I would go up there but if I get surgery i can't - well gotta see the surgeon 1st she might have requirements like have the weight off for 6 months or a yr.

Phyl

36_23_12.gif

Happy Bandanniversary !!!!!!

86 Lbs Liter than last yrs

So much more healthier - a changed woman !!!!

Congrats on all that you have acheived in this last year...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Phyl

36_23_12.gif

Happy Bandanniversary !!!!!!

86 Lbs Liter than last yrs

So much more healthier - a changed woman !!!!

Congrats on all that you have achieved in this last year...

THANKS!!

I just pb'd AGAIN!!

I did fine with breakfast... my usual omelet.< /strong>

No problem with lunch... went out for Mexican with DD & SIL.

I had this kind of a stir fry thing with lots of onion, mushroom,

green & yellow peppers, shrimp and some rice & cheese.

They gave me corn tortillas, but I just ate a piece of a small one.

I ate half of my lunch & brought the rest home for tomorrow.

Tonight, DH BBQ salmon & gave me 3 oz w/steamed veggies...

broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash.

I mashed everything up good & even mashed the salmon with some fat free miracle whip & catsup... I know, sounds gross. My DIL got me started on that with fish. Anyway, I only ate a few bites before I got that familiar pain and discomfort. Thought I was going to die.

Slimed a bit and some of the stuff came back up. Not much, but just enough to relieve the discomfort!!

SORRY>>>>TMI!!!

Feel better now, but still feel kind of stuck.

Never did get my celebratory wine!

Can't drink anything now for a while!

There is STUFF in my suitcase now. In fact, my train bag is almost done. Just need a change of clothes.

And DH found the other bigger suitcase that he wanted.

Ohhhhh, that baby EXPANDS!!

Nice!!

3_10_6.gif

There's me & Steph on our way to the hotel!

Where's DH??

Maybe he's sitting with the driver, rolling his eyes!

:ohmy::biggrin::blushing::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::sneaky::biggrin::blink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink:

This third week is a bit tougher than the last couple of weeks. I am really, really tired. It is not unusual though. Some of the ladies that had PS before me and my PS all warned me that week three seems to wipe you out. And so it has. I didn't sleep very well last night so that didn't help any. I just couldn't fall asleep. I read 1 and a half books last night TRYING to get tired.

I did go to Goodwill today to start replenishing my clothing. It was not a good experience. I didn't have my binder on because it is difficult to try clothes on with it on. BIG A$$ mistake. OMG I was in so much discomfort that I had to stop trying them on half way through. So I just bought them and brought the stuff home to try on at a more convenient time.

Janet there really isn't a lot of pain though. It is more just a discomfort. My lap-band was MUCH more painful...though PS is more work. There is more after care. However I would do it again in an heartbeat (and I will be as soon as I pay off my lap-band). I will be putting the girls back in place and have a reverse tummy tuck...No that is not where they add the skin back on to make me look like Jabba the Hut again. They will cut a horizontal incision just underneath the breasts and pull up to get the rest of the skin off.

So food wise my doc wanted me on something that would reduce bloating because I was swelling so much so we agreed to have me go back on a very low carb meal plan for a few days to help the swelling and the drainage. It has worked, and the scale is dropping like a rock despite eating over 3000 calories for the last few days. I haven't felt as hungry without the carbs, but she doesn't want this to be a full time meal plan. I go back to my regular way of eating tomorrow. I also see her tomorrow to make sure that an infection is not forming where I am leaking out of the incision. I actually feel much better being on the low carb. I think that I might do really low carb for a couple days a month just to clean the carbs out of the system.

Well I am going to get ready to go for a walk tonight. It was icky hot here today. It almost felt suffocating. So I am waiting for it to cool down.

THANKS!!

I just pb'd AGAIN!!

I did fine with breakfast... my usual omelet.< /span>

No problem with lunch... went out for Mexican with DD & SIL.

I had this kind of a stir fry thing with lots of onion, mushroom,

green & yellow peppers, shrimp and some rice & cheese.

They gave me corn tortillas, but I just ate a piece of a small one.

I ate half of my lunch & brought the rest home for tomorrow.

Tonight, DH BBQ salmon & gave me 3 oz w/steamed veggies...

broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash.

I mashed everything up good & even mashed the salmon with some fat free miracle whip & catsup... I know, sounds gross. My DIL got me started on that with fish. Anyway, I only ate a few bites before I got that familiar pain and discomfort. Thought I was going to die.

Slimed a bit and some of the stuff came back up. Not much, but just enough to relieve the discomfort!!

SORRY>>>>TMI!!!

Feel better now, but still feel kind of stuck.

Never did get my celebratory wine!

Can't drink anything now for a while!

There is STUFF in my suitcase now. In fact, my train bag is almost done. Just need a change of clothes.

And DH found the other bigger suitcase that he wanted.

Ohhhhh, that baby EXPANDS!!

Nice!!

3_10_6.gif

There's me & Steph on our way to the hotel!

Where's DH??

Maybe he's sitting with the driver, rolling his eyes!

:ohmy::biggrin::blushing::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::sneaky::biggrin::blink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink:

OMG You have me cracking up !!!!! Ya he's with the driver rolling his eyes - telling you to behave :lol::lol::eek:

I am usually tighter at night than in the morning... I have had 3 bites of steak (not tiny ones - I know bad but I did chew) and I am full but still hungry...

After a pb I usually wait like maybe an hour to finish my dinner - it all depends on how stuck I got - for me it's usually cuz I ate one bite too many...

OK I am giving notice - food Cop won't be on patrol next weekend... So here's the plan - one dessert divided by 6 - heck we most likely won't even have to worry about the 3 bite rule - 6 sharing one dessert - one bite each.... :eek:

Kari;

Below is my route in Michigan... does this come anywhere ne?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=69&d=WEST&v=

5:

Merge onto I-69 W via EXIT 271 toward FLINT/LANSING.118.9 mirs_gr_exitright.gif

6:

Take the I-96 W exit, EXIT 81, toward GRAND RAPIDS.0.3 mi?s=rs&t=RS00001CO&n=96&d=WEST&v=

7:

Merge onto I-96 W via the exit on the LEFT toward GD RAPIDS.90.6 mi?s=rs&t=RS00002BW&n=31&d=NORTH&v=

8: 7_6_8.gif

Total Time: 3.0 hours 32 minutesTotal Distance: 223.60 miles

I live about 25 miles south , somewhere between #6 and 7. closer to #7. But, if I'm gonna be up in Grd. Rapids watching the kidlets, they only live 22 miles from Muskegan. I could meet you at the dock.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS