Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Be careful of neosporin, many many people have reactions to it. It gives me a bumpy itchy angry rash if I use it on anything. This only started a few years ago when I had a mole removed.

I've taken the Brolemain pills which are just pineapple (from GNC) and also taken arnica montana pills (from Whole Foods). I also drank some pineapple juice daily. My bruises were gone by day 6, and I had Lipo. I think the stuff worked very well, actually amazingly well. I bruise very easily and they last and last and last. When I went white Water rafting in NC, I had bruises for weeks. I looked like someone beat me with a bat.

Thanks for the info. I will look for those pills. I am not having any lipo except for in the "private" area, but I am sure that there will be a lot of bruising. I will be going to GNC anyways to get some Isopure, so I will look for the pills there.

90/58 no wonder you're coughing, your body is trying to live. That is quite low in a doctor's office. Do you have your own machine to keep tabs on it?

Mine was around 100/60 every time they came check it in my hospital bed. But that's laying in bed on medication. Every time the lady tried she couldn't get a read so the nurse had to do it manually. Low blood pressure runs in my family. I wonder what it would be if I was an athelete.

90/58 no wonder you're coughing, your body is trying to live. That is quite low in a doctor's office. Do you have your own machine to keep tabs on it?

Mine was around 100/60 every time they came check it in my hospital bed. But that's laying in bed on medication. Every time the lady tried she couldn't get a read so the nurse had to do it manually. Low blood pressure runs in my family. I wonder what it would be if I was an athelete.

No kidding! She thought that was a great BP, but I thought too low... and it was low last time I was in there and we had the same discussion about my meds. I wanted to drop one and she didn't. Should've asked then about cutting back dosage. If it continues to be low with the one med lowered, I can ask her to lower the Hyzaar, too. I started out on a lower dosage probably about 10 years ago now. But BP kept going up so my doctor at that time upped the dose. It still kept going up so then he added a second Rx.. a few years later he switched it to Sular, a lower dose on that, too, but had to up it when my BP was still too high. So it's quite encouraging to be lowering it again. If I can get them both down to minimum and stil be under control, I'll be ecstatic!! Don't have too much hope of getting completely off BP Rx because hypertension runs in the family. All three of my sisters and my Mom are all on BP meds and I think they all take two Rx also.

Denise

I am going to have to ck out lemon hill :thumbup: I just got the TSV last week Kathy Van something - luggage for my LV trip next weekend - Cherry Red:tt1: (carry on and tote)

Watching QVC all day could be $$$$ - I haven't opend my Q card bill yet :smile2:

Phyl - great on getting off you bp meds (or reducing them) that's a great nsv - I was on 2 now 1 but haven't taken it for a couple of days my bp was 120/74 last night - so as the weight comes off - the bp is getting so much better.

Karri - Yep that seems like a lot of food but again with your exercise you need it - I am so proud of you and the whole running thing - you are such an inspiration.

Well off to ck my desk - Just wanted to pop in and say Good Morning...

CBL :rolleyes2:

23_5_109v.gif Just got a phone call from the hospital with the results of my biopsy.

NEGATIVE

WAHOO ! ! !

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Count me in as a Lucky #7. My surgery date (I found out today!) is July 10th!!

~*Ash*~

I will also be having my surgery on July 10th.

Rachel:biggrin2:

23_5_109v.gif Just got a phone call from the hospital with the results of my biopsy.

NEGATIVE

WAHOO ! ! !

That's FANTASTIC news!!

Congrats!

I know that's a BIG relief!

I will also be having my surgery on July 10th.

Rachel:biggrin2:

Rachel,

We're more than happy to have you join us, but we're mostly July 2007 LapBandsters. There are a couple of exceptions. There are July 2008 threads: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f182/

You can find them there, unfortunately, seems to me there are almost TOO many July 08 threads! Best for sharing your experiences if you're all kind of gravitated around one. But, we're here to answer any questions you might have.

Oh Kari, I am so happy for you!!!!

Big sigh of relief here....

P.s. I enjoy your jokes and emails... keep em coming eh?

Candice

1072 Calories on Wednesday (Fill day)

972 today so far... but I've had my dinner so it may just be a nother snack added later.

:lol:

Hey, has anyone heard from Lindaa????:biggrin:

Denise

Hell the best I have gotten from GS is that I was walking fast now a days (well he said running but i was just walking) so don't feel bad.

How much did they take off each of the girls???

But I have all you guys telling me I am looking "skinny" love that word Phyl. and some freinds from work they tell me not to lose anymore - but I want the 100 lbs mark and then maybe 145 - I would love to say I have a normal bmi..

I was cking out the forum threads - OMG you guys gotta go read the powder Room Girls Gone Wild thread - well maybe you better not - they are talking about tons of super personal crap = that yes we girls do talk about but in person only.. Well maybe my age is showing.. But I would never post some of that stuff on the internet where God and everyone could read it...

I am with you Janet!!! I cannot beleive some of the content there???:confused_smile:

Did you watch that one girls UTUBE thing?? About her VaJay-jay??

Disgusting:confused2:

Peaches - I watched the video. I didn't think the video was from a girl on the site. Anyway, while watching I'm thinking: What the hell kind of human being would video tape herself talking about her big, fat, sloppy, va jay jay and post it on the internet for millions, I'm talking millions of people to see. Talking your personel business with your close friends in privacy is one thing. That video was repulsive!!!!! It absolutely disgust me how low class people are. It makes me sorry that the world I live in is so sick, Jerry Springer filthy ass disgusting sick.!!!!!!

Anyway, I have to change the tape on my wounds tonight. OMG, I'm freakin, The bottom of the T- cut is oozing on the tape a bit. I'm sick, I need a valium or a shot of Tequila.

O.k. Goodmorning everyone.... I hope you are all awake, as I am NOT...

I went to a staff mtg last night 7:30 - 10pm and when I got home my MIND would just not shut off... I watched news, Larry King, And Cooper360 TWICE!!! still couldn't numb myself down enough to sleep...

My Boss is thinking of offering Isagenix weight loss prog in our clinic. I am just NOT an advocate for this system... they are gimics pure and simple... I know this from all of the other diet gimmicks that have been around - cause I've tried them ALL>>>> that's why I ended up paying $16k for my Lap band... to be done with all that crap.

I am just now getting to the point where I can start losing the rest of my weight... but I want it to be by eating REAL food, just a whole hell of a lot less of it.... plus keep the cravings at bay.

Oh my DH made REAL coffee this a.m. -yum!~~ I even had real (low fat ) cream in it for a treat (counted the cals LOL)

My band is definetly tighter, I have to drink my coffee slowly, and work up to my oats!

Yest was a another good food choice day!!! Yeah

Sory for being so verbose this morning,,, just a Sh1t load on my mind...

Give me your thoughts on the Clinic issue

O.k. Goodmorning everyone.... I hope you are all awake, as I am NOT...

I went to a staff mtg last night 7:30 - 10pm and when I got home my MIND would just not shut off... I watched news, Larry King, And Cooper360 TWICE!!! still couldn't numb myself down enough to sleep...

My Boss is thinking of offering Isagenix weight loss prog in our clinic. I am just NOT an advocate for this system... they are gimics pure and simple... I know this from all of the other diet gimmicks that have been around - cause I've tried them ALL>>>> that's why I ended up paying $16k for my Lap band... to be done with all that crap.

I am just now getting to the point where I can start losing the rest of my weight... but I want it to be by eating REAL food, just a whole hell of a lot less of it.... plus keep the cravings at bay.

Oh my DH made REAL coffee this a.m. -yum!~~ I even had real (low fat ) cream in it for a treat (counted the cals LOL)

My band is definetly tighter, I have to drink my coffee slowly, and work up to my oats!

Yest was a another good food choice day!!! Yeah

Sory for being so verbose this morning,,, just a Sh1t load on my mind...

Give me your thoughts on the Clinic issue

Wow! That would be a hard one to support! Do they know about your surgery??

DD cooked for us last night. I had a small piece of steak, small baked potato and green Beans. Okay choices, but it felt BAD because it's been so long since I ate a baked potato! She & I worked out on the Wii for over an hour before dinner! She's gotten really good at the stepping exercise. I can't do that. But I'm way better than her on the tilt table, soccer, and most of the balance exercises.

A baked potato is not a bad choice. Even carb-scared me ate a baked potato every once in a while.

Yesterday I went for a long run (10 miles) and pulled up with a slight injury. I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon so doctor now has me on rest until Sunday and then no long runs (nothing more than 3 miles) until the race. If I had been running the half marathon I would have run through the pain, but I stopped before I had finished the full 12 miles that I was going to do because I figured there was no point in injuring myself during training.

Another good news, my insurance did cover my cymbalta and it is only 20$ a month. First decent thing my insurance has done!