Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

That's for the info Ruby - I went there and went forward about 10 pages - I don't see that I posted goals either - may go look somemore when I have the time - but what really struck me is how many people don't post anymore - Lynnette - OMG she posted all the time along with Chim & Dini - Laurend Kathybad, Sunny - we have lost alot of people..

Well, got a busy day - so I need to get started - will ck back later when I have more time..

TTYL

Good Morning All!! I hope everyone felt loved yesterday. My DH was sweet and that's not usual for him, so maybe he is turning a page too!

Went out for crab legs last night! They were divine!!!! I love crab legs. I had a big (well...big for me) salad with cukes and lettuce and cottage cheese. I hadn't had salad because my nutritionist said that it was one of those things people stick on. I don't know...it was great. I want more!! I was really getting tired of green Beans and broccoli so salad will be a welcome addition to my repertoire. I looked up the nutrition stuff on crab legs and then told DH he was going to have to feed me those things more often! I know the butter isn't the best but if I plan my day for it, it won't kill me. They are so low cal high Protein that I think I may want them weekly! Again...this surgery is getting really expensive :eek:)

My neck is still bothering me a bit. Not enough to go see a doc but enough that it's giving me a headache. I'm going to try to walk at lunch though. If that 10 minutes doesn't hurt I'll go back to another half hour after work. Funny thing. Someone somewhere else responded to the "don't have time" excuse that I'm ALWAYS using that on the weekends we have a LOT more time.....and to use it. A light bulb came on. of COURSE I could work out on the weekends. Why didn't I think of that? Sheesh! Now I have two days with NO excuses. I only have to find 2-3 during the week.

Okay...back to work. Brought my 13 year old with me today. He's going to think I don't do anything all day. Have a good one all!

So I seriously just listened to the worst presentations of my life and my principal was in here helping me grade them. He too said that they were really bad and that we had a long ways to go to get these kids where they need to be. His goal is that in 3 years, our current freshman will actually have learned something! Right now all they do is regurgitate information that has no meaning. I wanted to cry, but he told me that it had nothing to do with me and all to do with the system they had come from. I wish I believed that.

On the lap band front, I am STARVING. I have been so hungry this week. I do think that I am going to have to have that fill. I have one scheduled for March 10 and it won't be very much, but I feel like I have not been eating too much. I don't write down the foods that I eat, I just remember them and add up the calories mentally at night, but since I have been avoiding the constant alorie counting I feel like I am eating way too much. I may not have, but without frantically counting calories I feel lost!

Well my prep period just started and I have a ton of work to do I will try and check back in before the end of the day. We are going to a play tonight so I don't know if I will be one. But I will check in tomorrow.

Hey Everybody,

I haven't been on in a couple of days. I am reading quickly before I leave from work.

Karri - I printed your lesson, I'll read it at home.

Janet - Size? I can't see my feet, I buy the biggest double D I can find. Your first plateau? You are very lucky. The last 20lbs is going to be the hardest.

My scale finally started moving again!! It's about freakin time. You know if you don't eat any fat, it's gonna stop up the plumbing. And that reminds me....

On our Wed. night news, we always have Weight Loss Wed. Well last Wed. they had 5 doctors who all agreed that studies have proven Omega 3's enhance weight loss. Make sure you are getting your fish oil daily. It is also good for heart and joints. I bought some emulsified liquid mint flavor FO at Whole Foods. It ain't bad. It reminds me of the Cod Liver Oil tablets my Mom used to make me take.

Steph - You fell on your head. OMG, OMG, that's freaking terrifying. I sometimes imagine what I would do if I fell. Like remember how we could just fall when we were younger, no problem, like when we went skating. Well I won't skake now, I terrified to fall. OMG, I hope you feel better. I'm shaking just thinking about it. I also have the back rolls,always did, big freakin love handles. I loathe them. It's the part of my body I HATE the most. I squeeze them and wish I could pull them off.

Phyl - Glad to here your Aunt's doing better.

Well, I'm leaving work now.

Oh, I forgot. I have a huge hole dug in my yard. I bought an above ground 12x24 pool. I'm getting a guy to put it in the ground sticking out 16 inches. We have to build a deck around it. He's putting it in Mon. I have waited 20 years for this. My husband always said no way. Well now I make the bucks, I want it, I paid someone to do it, and if DH don't like I really don't care.

A light bulb came on. of COURSE I could work out on the weekends. Why didn't I think of that? Sheesh! Now I have two days with NO excuses. I only have to find 2-3 during the week. !

Steph - I exercise almost every Saturday - I usually take Sunday off - and with having a 3 day weekend - I will try to exercise all 3 days - I need to break this plateau - and gotta tear up some muscle - that they will repair themselves and burn up these calories,...:thumbup:

On the lap band front, I am STARVING. I have been so hungry this week. I do think that I am going to have to have that fill. I have one scheduled for March 10 and it won't be very much, but I feel like I have not been eating too much. I don't write down the foods that I eat, I just remember them and add up the calories mentally at night, but since I have been avoiding the constant alorie counting I feel like I am eating way too much. I may not have, but without frantically counting calories I feel lost! .

Karri

Thanks for the fyi - so I won't worry:teeth_smile:

Ok this is where I seem to be different that most people who are banded - I still get hungry - I had 1 cup of my one pot wonder for lunch (hamburger - rice - zuccihinee - jalapeno - corn - tomatoes sauce) and was still hungry

and I know for sure I don't need a fill - I ate about 1/3 of a pt bar after lunch and drank my Water - I eat mostly soft foods especially for BF but even if I have hard boiled eggs (2) I will still be hungry in a little while.

Going to the gym helps - I am not hungry ususally right after exercising - but I am still keeping my little food diary - For me it helps me be accountable for what i eat - but I really haven't been getting to 1200 calories a day - it's been averaging more like 900 - so maybe that's why i am hungry... but afraid to eat too much food - so Karri you aren't alone and worrying about what you put in your mouth...

Janet - Size? I can't see my feet, I buy the biggest double D I can find. Your first plateau? You are very lucky. The last 20lbs is going to be the hardest.

My scale finally started moving again!! It's about freakin time. You know if you don't eat any fat, it's gonna stop up the plumbing. And that reminds me....

. I bought an above ground 12x24 pool. , I want it, I paid someone to do it, and if DH don't like I really don't care.

Denise -

:lol::lol: can't see your feet - Congrats on the scales moving :thumbup:Y

ep I know these last few are going to be hard - but I am determind for the 1st time in my life to get to goal weight and 160 is my goal and by the grace of God - I WILL GET THERE :biggrin:

Yep I know all about the no fat in your diet - during one of my WW days I cut like almost all fat out of my diet - well - I still remember it so tells you how bad it was:ohmy: - So I make sure i use a little butter & oil in my cooking.

I bet you will enjoy your pool this summer - You are suprising your DH - he didn't know you did this - Love it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's been a slow day - Hope you are feeling better Jackie - Phyl hope you aren't flying to NY.. Peaches - where are you - you aren't eating m&m's are you:tongue:

Well, I just burned up my asparages (sp) veggies - i get on this stupid computer and forget i am cooking - i usually put the timer on but forgort.

Well, better go ck my fish - ck back later..

Good Morning Gang

..... - but what really struck me is how many people don't post anymore - Lynnette - OMG she posted all the time along with Chim & Dini - Laurend Kathybad, Sunny - we have lost alot of people..

Well, got a busy day - so I need to get started - will ck back later when I have more time.

TTYL

Hey Janet, are there not email's attached to the posts of the MIA's? Anyone ever thought of emailing these guys? I remember Lynnette well and really wander what happened to her....

Good Morning All!! I hope everyone felt loved yesterday. My DH was sweet and that's not usual for him, so maybe he is turning a page too!

Went out for crab legs last night! They were divine!!!! I love crab legs. I had a big (well...big for me) salad with cukes and lettuce and cottage cheese. I hadn't had salad because my nutritionist said that it was one of those things people stick on. I don't know...it was great. I want more!! I was really getting tired of green Beans and broccoli so salad will be a welcome addition to my repertoire. I looked up the nutrition stuff on crab legs and then told DH he was going to have to feed me those things more often! I know the butter isn't the best but if I plan my day for it, it won't kill me. They are so low cal high Protein that I think I may want them weekly! Again...this surgery is getting really expensive :o)

My neck is still bothering me a bit. Not enough to go see a doc but enough that it's giving me a headache. I'm going to try to walk at lunch though. If that 10 minutes doesn't hurt I'll go back to another half hour after work. Funny thing. Someone somewhere else responded to the "don't have time" excuse that I'm ALWAYS using that on the weekends we have a LOT more time.....and to use it. A light bulb came on. of COURSE I could work out on the weekends. Why didn't I think of that? Sheesh! Now I have two days with NO excuses. I only have to find 2-3 during the week.

Okay...back to work. Brought my 13 year old with me today. He's going to think I don't do anything all day. Have a good one all!

Steph hon, this is just the nurse in me with some major concern about your fall and continued pain, esp. when you talk about pain in your neck. Don't mean to scare you but there are certain types of vertebral (spine bone) fractures of the neck that cause just a minor amt of pain but can even be fatal with just one wrong move. I have seen it happen. If I were you, I believe I would rather be safe than sorry and go have that neck and head x-rayed. And if your doc seems to be blowing you off, go to the ER. Like I have said, it is hard to even make any recommendations over this computer medium but I am concerned and don't usually mess with a fall that involves the head and neck. Better safe than sorry, dear.

Hey Everybody,

I haven't been on in a couple of days. I am reading quickly before I leave from work.

Karri - I printed your lesson, I'll read it at home.

On our Wed. night news, we always have Weight Loss Wed. Well last Wed. they had 5 doctors who all agreed that studies have proven Omega 3's enhance weight loss. Make sure you are getting your fish oil daily. It is also good for heart and joints. I bought some emulsified liquid mint flavor FO at Whole Foods. It ain't bad. It reminds me of the Cod Liver Oil tablets my Mom used to make me take.

Steph - You fell on your head. OMG, OMG, that's freaking terrifying. I sometimes imagine what I would do if I fell. Like remember how we could just fall when we were younger, no problem, like when we went skating. Well I won't skake now, I terrified to fall. OMG, I hope you feel better. I'm shaking just thinking about it. I also have the back rolls,always did, big freakin love handles. I loathe them. It's the part of my body I HATE the most. I squeeze them and wish I could pull them off.

Phyl - Glad to here your Aunt's doing better.

Well, I'm leaving work now.

Oh, I forgot. I have a huge hole dug in my yard. I bought an above ground 12x24 pool. I'm getting a guy to put it in the ground sticking out 16 inches. We have to build a deck around it. He's putting it in Mon. I have waited 20 years for this. My husband always said no way. Well now I make the bucks, I want it, I paid someone to do it, and if DH don't like I really don't care.

I like your attitude, girl :Dancing_wub::thumbup: I may just have to borrow some of that spunk the next time I get a hankering to put a pool in. :Dancing_wub:

Ok, I had an interesting, (would you call it a NSV?), today. I was driving home from work today when I remembered that I had not eaten lunch and I didn't even realize it, and I was not really hungry either. First time I have ever missed lunch and did not know it. I think I will consider that a step in the right direction, mentally. What do you all think? :cool2:

Of course, the missed lunch could be contributed to some major stress today. And not just at work. My DH called me at work to inform me that he was just laid off from work. :biggrin: :thumbup: :lol: I knew there was a chance of downsizing but was not totally expecting this. And money is tight enough as it is....

Ok, deep breath...:hurt:

Steph hon, this is just the nurse in me with some major concern about your fall and continued pain, esp. when you talk about pain in your neck. Don't mean to scare you but there are certain types of vertebral (spine bone) fractures of the neck that cause just a minor amt of pain but can even be fatal with just one wrong move. I have seen it happen. If I were you, I believe I would rather be safe than sorry and go have that neck and head x-rayed. And if your doc seems to be blowing you off, go to the ER.

I totally agree!! Don't mess around with head injuries...needs to be checked out.

My DH called me at work to inform me that he was just laid off from work. :biggrin: :thumbup: :lol: I knew there was a chance of downsizing but was not totally expecting this. And money is tight enough as it is....

Ok, deep breath...:Dancing_wub:

Sorry to hear about your DH layoff!! That's a bummer!!

I had a tough food episode today... DH fixed me a 1/2 mug of pea Soup for lunch. I was talking on the phone to DIL and only half paying attention. He decided the soup wasn't enough and heated up a leftover chicken thigh for me. So when I got off the phone I decided to eat the chicken first. I don't know if I ate it too fast or what, but I thought I was going to die for about an hour. I think I chewed up about 6 papaya tablets trying to get it to go down. It was the closest I've come to PBing. Just a little old chicken thigh, no skin or anything. So the pea soup sat!

I had a tough food episode today... DH fixed me a 1/2 mug of pea Soup for lunch. I was talking on the phone to DIL and only half paying attention. He decided the soup wasn't enough and heated up a leftover chicken thigh for me. So when I got off the phone I decided to eat the chicken first. I don't know if I ate it too fast or what, but I thought I was going to die for about an hour. I think I chewed up about 6 papaya tablets trying to get it to go down. It was the closest I've come to PBing. Just a little old chicken thigh, no skin or anything. So the pea soup sat!

Phyl,

Tell me about these papaya tablets.....?

Phyl,

Tell me about these papaya tablets.....?

Someone recommended them prior to surgery. I don't use them often, but they definitely help when you get that "feeling". I've had very few episodes of discomfort, no PBing or sliming... though I started to "slime" yesterday. But they are Spring Valley brand, think I found them at Wal-Mart, chewable Papaya Enzyme. Tiny little pink things, pleasant tasting and they seem to help, as I said. There's probably a better quality product in a natural food store, but I haven't thought to look.

Good Morning Gang

Hope everyone is having a GREAT 3 day weekend.. I am just cking in - I don't have any great plans - gym this morning 3.5 miles and a litte weights.

Came home and gave my fur babies baths they were stinky... Now cleaning the house really needs it - don't know what i will do tomorrow or monday but it's beautiful outside mid 70's sunny - Sorry girls who live in the cold country - i am sending a little sunshine your way...

Katrina -OMG sorry about DH getting laid off - that's awful :wink_smile: - Heck in October 5 people got laid off at my job - times are tough right now...

Ya we could do that (email them)- maybe they would come back !! Might just be my project for today - if we would all send them little love notes they might respond. It would make them feel good to know that we haven't forgotten them...

Phyl

I never stay stuck for long - I can bring it back up pretty easy when I get stuck - I slimed on pudding last nite cuz I was a little piggy and ate it way too fast and knew it but still had to eat it all - heck our food problems are still here.. never ending battle - I knew better but did it stop me NOPE

OK back to my cleaning - I could stay here all day and get nothing done,.

Will ck back in a bit

Lucky#7's where are you... You must all be out and about or enjoying the weekend with your families.

Well - it's just about 5 p,m. - I have fresh sheets - and my closet looks like it belongs to someone else -I have a hugh walk in closet - well it's didn't look hugh before today - too much junk everywhere - now it's beautiful - lets see how long I keep it that way... I have about 7 bags of clothes to give away or donate... My underwear drawer is empty - I don't know what size underwear to buy... I don't wear bikini cuz as most of you can most likely relate to - I don't llke anything under by tummy - Lately I have been wearing mostly shapers that come up to underneath my bra - so that the jiggles don't show.. But need some regular underwear and jammies that aren't 3 sizes too big.

I didn't get the whole house done but my room & closets are done - now my bathroom and the rest of the house ... May get my bath done tonite - but the rest can wait till tomorrow.

Well just cking in - I sent some love notes out to our missing crew - some don't have links to their emails - so I just p.m. them..

Ck back later

Lucky#7's where are you... You must all be out and about or enjoying the weekend with your families.

Well - it's just about 5 p,m. - I have fresh sheets - and my closet looks like it belongs to someone else -I have a hugh walk in closet - well it's didn't look hugh before today - too much junk everywhere - now it's beautiful - lets see how long I keep it that way... I have about 7 bags of clothes to give away or donate... My underwear drawer is empty - I don't know what size underwear to buy... I don't wear bikini cuz as most of you can most likely relate to - I don't llke anything under by tummy - Lately I have been wearing mostly shapers that come up to underneath my bra - so that the jiggles don't show.. But need some regular underwear and jammies that aren't 3 sizes too big.

I didn't get the whole house done but my room & closets are done - now my bathroom and the rest of the house ... May get my bath done tonite - but the rest can wait till tomorrow.

Well just cking in - I sent some love notes out to our missing crew - some don't have links to their emails - so I just p.m. them..

Ck back later

You did GREAT today... got a lot accomplished!! We were out and about most of the day... COD street fair... got a new (smaller) bathing suit at my favorite place, went to Panera bread, Office Max and then got some stir fry veggies for dinner. Beautiful day today. Now the wind is picking up again.

Hope we get some response to your love notes!

I noticed it is very quiet here today!!

Bad news... our neighbors are taking their rig down to the Salton Sea for about 9 days.... there goes my internet connection!! They have me on their network. May have to go to the clubhouse to do my email for a while!

Hello Janet and Phyl - I'm here. just lurking. I don't have much to say. Janet, want to come clean out my closets? i hate doing that. Only four more days and I am out of this cold weather. Can't wait. I just hope I can keep up with the weight loss. My mom takes me out to dinner every night almost. And since she is giving up driving, I know she'll have me chauffeur her around. Anyway, nothing is happening up here. BORING!! So I will check back tomorrow. SWEET DREAMS.

You did GREAT today... got a lot accomplished!! We were out and about most of the day... COD street fair... got a new (smaller) bathing suit at my favorite place, went to Panera bread, Office Max and then got some stir fry veggies for dinner. Beautiful day today. Now the wind is picking up again.

Hope we get some response to your love notes!

I noticed it is very quiet here today!!

Bad news... our neighbors are taking their rig down to the Salton Sea for about 9 days.... there goes my internet connection!! They have me on their network. May have to go to the clubhouse to do my email for a while!

Phyl - CONGRATS on smaller bathing suit :angry: It was a BEAUTIFUL day - heck maybe tomorrow I will go to the Street Fair - Might be fun now that I can fit normals sizes.. Right now it's nice here just barely a breeze but you know Sky Valley - it's always blows..

I haven't been to Pandra's yet - heard it was good - I had to go to Fresh & Easy to get fabric softner and they have samples - Lasagana - Very good that I bought some -for dinner 1/2 is 490 so I had 1/4 so 247 and since I was cleaning & orginizing I hadn't eaten all day - but the only problem is i think i am full but want more cuz it taste good. :tongue: I can cuz it's all I have eaten - but hate the whole head hunger issues :wink_smile:- I wonder if it will ever leave us !:wink2:!!!! and i don't want to cave into this bad habit - it's why I was fat - I kept eating cuz it tasted so good..:thumbup:

OMG what are we going to do with out you for 9 days !!!! Even on your trip down here we heard from you at least once a day...

I went back to like page 10 and then 50 - 60 etc - Lynette - DMjet - Sunny - Kathybad - Chim - Macry - will ck more pages and see who else use to post regularly and hasn't..

Yep - No one but you me and Kari are around today - Karri said she was going to a play today - so we should hear from her tomorrow and Peaches Mom is sick - so she's with her - Where is Linda - did she say family was coming we haven't heard from her or Nichole in a while

Hello Janet and Phyl - I'm here. just lurking. I don't have much to say. Janet, want to come clean out my closets? i hate doing that. Only four more days and I am out of this cold weather. Can't wait. I just hope I can keep up with the weight loss. My mom takes me out to dinner every night almost. And since she is giving up driving, I know she'll have me chauffeur her around. Anyway, nothing is happening up here. BORING!! So I will check back tomorrow. SWEET DREAMS.

Kari

I would love to clean out your closets - I love orginizing stuff - it takes me a long time - but I love the out come - I keep going in my room - opening the door turning on the lights and admiring my work :eek:

You will do fine eating out - does your Mom know you are banded?? Just order the most healthiest item you can find on the menu - order a to go box and box up 1/2 of your food - and try and swim if you can - do you do the ocean - I LOVE THE OCEAN... - Well how stupid of me - Just cuz you are going to Florida - doesn't mean you are by an Ocean - I guess I just think all of FL is on the coast -:thumbup:

May ck back later - if not - talk to you all tomorrow -

Sweet Dreams ....

Jackie & Ruby hope you guys are feeling better - Peaches hope your Mom is doing better today...

So the play we went to last night (Defending the Caveman) was absolutely hillarious. We were supposed to go to dessert with some friends afterwards but we were all too tired so we skipped it. However, since I didn't eat much for dinner so I could save up the calories we had to stop something to eat. I got a mushroom and Tomato omelette from Denny's and only ate about 1/3 of it. Today I had part for Breakfast and part for lunch. Then I decided to check and see how many calories there are. HOLY COW in the entire thing there was 725:scared2:. WHat in the hell do you do you put into an omelette to make it have 725 calories?

So I decided that weighing 1 time per month was just not going to work for me. I need to make sure that I am not doing something wrong. I knew that I would be worrying the entire month that I was going to see a weight gain. At least if the scale goes up during 1 week you can quickly catch anything that is going wrong. However if you wait an entire month, that could be a few pounds. So I weighed and I was down another 1.5 pounds to 172.5.:biggrin2:

Nothing much else to report here. I need to clean my house. It is terrible right now. The BF doesn't really care, but it is driving me nuts. THat is my task tomorrow!:wink_smile: