Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Gang - I have been MIA for 2 days... This has been the busiest vacation ever.. I am going to have to go back to work to rest!!!!!!

Salsa - I agree with the commitment and $$$$ - I think it's that stupid surgar that got to me...

Felicia - Welcome to pb' world - I get golf ball from eating to fast and the other day pb'd my cheese enchilada by eatting too fast... I forget i have the band most of the time.

Macry - I love your pic's - to me crusing is the only way to go on vacation ...

I have BC California and I didn't have to have any supervised diet - just noted all the diets programs I had been on... I think it should depend on your bmi - age - how long you have been overweight -co-morbitiies etc a gf told me that a PS doc here in the Desert is now doing the surgery and you only have to be 50 lbs overweight.... I don't think I would bother if i had to wait 3 yrs to get banded - but again - there are those who think the band is the magic answer to food issues and put the weight back - so that in itself tells you it's not being just banded but the whole mind thing that's needs working on - I bet insurance companies will make it harder as they collect more #'s on how long the weight stays off.

OK my Sis just called - they are staying with me for 4 day - so i guess i gotta go clean the guess room - wash the sheets dust and make room in the closet.. OMG more work - but worth it.... It will be nice having my Sis for 4 dayss.

Yep - Phyl & I met for Breakfast - it was great meeting another Lucky #7... She is just as sweet in person as she is on the board...

Phyl - our pic didn't come thru - try to upload again

Well gotta go clean and then food shopping - my bro in law is a breakfast eater

Shout outs to Peaches, Chim, Jackie, unruhly, distant, Mango... And everyone else - gotta get moving... Dini should be on her way back to Ireland - think she came Sat and was going to be here for 4 day (per Phyl ;0)

Janet and Phyl I am so happy that you two got to meet, and very envious!!!! That would be wonderful.

Things are moving along. Haven't lost any weight for 4 days now but I had lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks before then so I figure I am back on a platea right now. It will start moving again. Still doing well with my fill. Is there a Christmas challenge besides the one with the 3 levels? I haven't noticed anything. Just wondered.

Been getting alot of shopping done. Can't wait til Christmas for t he kids to open their Nintendo Wii. Figure I will (hopefully) get lots of exercise while I play. LOL I dont know who will be more excited me or them. :)

Chim congrats on your loss. We are all doing so well and have so much to be proud of.

Dini hope your trip went great. Bet you have lots to tell.

Jackie - I'm seriously thinking about getting the family a Wii for Christmas too. Last night I was googling Wii, and they actually have sites for Wii parties.

Oh Marcy, Where are you??

Indio and Phyl- glad you got to meet, cool.

One of the students at school told me I looked pretty today.

How nice is that? Just when ya thinking ya work in the bowels of hell some kid goes and pulls at the heartstrings.

Ok, I am just joining in your gang. I wrote on here a few nights ago. You guys are all so supportive and I think it's what I need if you have more to give?? I just got my second fill today. (banded 7/20/07, down 31lbs) I had written how I just got on the sugar train and haven't got off. I'm off now. I just cannot go there. Can anyone explain to me why the band tightens days after a fill? I hope I get more restriction with this. Marcy, I read your posting and feel for you. I agree with the lamp suggestion. And aren't you down some sixty something pounds?? You smile. Fake it till you make it. Jackie, great pics with the monkeys. Many of you have done great with the weight loss. I want to start the Couch to 5k. Any suggestions if any of you are doing it would be great. Thanks for "letting me in" on this journey! Tammy

Oh and Jackie, I forgot to reply, "Holy Crap!" BCBS making people waiting for treatment for 3 years.... do they make people wait 3 years to get on insulin when they are diabetics and can no longer control the bloodsugars by diet or oral meds?? I could go on and on but I won't since I'm new...Thanks for the info. Tammy

Hi everyone!

I had a nice T'giving out of town, visiting family. Ate too much, but somehow managed to lose 2 more pounds. Don't know how. Very surprising. Came back with a cold though and feeling pretty bad. Was supposed to go to Dr again tomorrow, but he's out of town, so my appt got moved to next Thursday instead.

Glad everyone is doing so well!

Marcy, I know what you mean about the cruise. I ate steak almost every night though....no problem. Just chewed thoroughly. I got into more trouble with breakfast in the mornings, than the dinners. Great time though.

Ok, I am just joining in your gang. I wrote on here a few nights ago. You guys are all so supportive and I think it's what I need if you have more to give?? I just got my second fill today. (banded 7/20/07, down 31lbs) I had written how I just got on the sugar train and haven't got off. I'm off now. I just cannot go there. Can anyone explain to me why the band tightens days after a fill? I hope I get more restriction with this. Marcy, I read your posting and feel for you. I agree with the lamp suggestion. And aren't you down some sixty something pounds?? You smile. Fake it till you make it. Jackie, great pics with the monkeys. Many of you have done great with the weight loss. I want to start the Couch to 5k. Any suggestions if any of you are doing it would be great. Thanks for "letting me in" on this journey! Tammy

Tammy - I have seen couch to 5K but don't know what it is - we have an exercise challenge for December - 20 day from 12/1 to 12/25 if i remember correctly - I think Jackie is in charge of that one... Not sure

We also have the level challenge that Kathybad started. go back a couple pages..

As far as fills go - who the heck knows - my 1st fill tight right away - had good restriction for about 1 1/2 then it loosened up - 2nd fill 10/24 and didn't feel it that first day - in fact took a couple days but my doc makes me go back to banding diet (1 week full liquids - 1 week mushie - 1 week soft - the regular ) I don't follow orders real well - so I do about 4 days liquids - then move to mushie/soft - I eat fish 99% of the time and it's very soft ... I have some restriction but not a lot right now but if I eat too fast i will get the golf ball & the other night pb'd on a 4 bites of a cheese enchillada....

I am lucky I have a gym right across the street from my housing tract

I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks so I have been going in the morning after I drop the grandkids off at school - but usually go right after work - I walk on the treadmill most days (4 to 5 times a week) - 2 to 3 miles and maybe 4 on Saturday and some days will do a little on the weight machines - I keep a food diary and eat about 1000 to 1200 calories a day - i save my morning & afternoon Snacks for nights as this is when i want to eat the most..

Tomorrow is my weigh day (I only weigh in once a week cuz the scales are just to fickle - one day up 2 -next down 3 - but I hope to be in onelander tomorrow -

What's my motivation- I feel so much better and have so much more energy ... I am able to buy 14/16's was in a 22/24 top and 18/20 pants

I get ton's of complements - well execpt today when I picked up Grandaughter (3yr) from pre-school - some RUDE little boy called me an OLD LADY - i am only 52 - I told him some day he would be old just like me...

Indio - Your a lot nicer than me. I woulda said, "I'm Santa's wife and I'm telling, you're probably not gonna get anything."

Indio - Your a lot nicer than me. I woulda said, "I'm Santa's wife and I'm telling, you're probably not gonna get anything."

Mango - That's a REALLY GOOD one - i was in such shock - That would have been great --- I can be quick witted sometimes - but not like you - I have a gf who is quick witted to... Love it....

:rofl:HILARIOUS!!

No Janet it wasn't me for the exercise challenge. I don't remember who it was though. I am in for the challenge so who ever is keeping track don't forget to put me in.

My gosh it is COLD outside. I didn't get all my walking in today so I went after supper tonight. I tell you NEVER before would I have been this committed. LOL It is 28 degrees outside and windy! I still went out and walked 3 and 1/2 miles tonight. Hubby or one of the kids will usually go with me if I ask but tonight they told me I was on my own. Put my coat, gloves and headband on to cover my ears, ipod and cell phone all one along with my bodybugg display and away I went. WOO it was breezy!! LOL Couldn't really feel the legs once I came in but HEY I DID IT!!! We are really supposed to get some really bad weather this weekend so I will prob just go to the gym or the garage if the roads are bad. I have a nice treadmill in my garage but I like to walk outside. Need to just start going back to the gym. I really want to start Water aerobics and haven't yet. Been saying that for the past 2 months. I keep up with the walking and exercising but the Water would be great. It is just the fact of going to the gym, getting in a suit in front of others. :faint:

Hope everyone is staying warm tonight!!

Hey everyone...Just a reminder that our exercise challenge for December starts in just a few days!! :D Aren't you excited? I'm not really, but need to get my butt in gear. :help::help::help:

Here's who I have so far, and if you want to join, let me know.

Nichole/Forgve70x7

Ruby/Frustrated

Janet/IndioGirl55

Karri/salsa1877

Phyl/phyllser

allaboutmefl

Sunny/sunshine6855

CeCe/cazulay

Kari/kirajh

Kathy/kathybad

Again, let me know if you want to join.

I'm thinking if everyone will PM me or email me at forgve70x7@gmail.com when you have exercised, I'll keep it updated on a spreadsheet. They won't let me post a spreadsheet on here, but I can copy it into a word doc. It will be up to you as to if you want to email me everyday or once a week. :clap2::clap2:

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.

Tammy, where in Nebraska are you from? I grew up in Omaha, but moved to Northern Arizona in 2005. :)

Talk to you all soon,

~Nichole

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158 - 10 lb

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -3 lb

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200 -10 lb

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -8 lb

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194 -10.2 lb

6. lindaa -11 lb

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195 -3 lb

8. marcyinak/Marcy 236/226 -7 lb

9. Brandy 166/156 -2.5 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -10 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192 -3 lb

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari-10 lb

16. NewCC -2 lb

17. ribearty -4.5 lb

18. Car 187/177 -8.5lb

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/144 -7 lb

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281 - 13.6 lb

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches - 2 1/2 lb

24. lapedtolive

25. Kathybad - 6.5 lb

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif clap2.gif

tjfandri - nope, not 60...just 35, but I'm not in a race here...I'm happy with my "slower" loss...although, I find with my other group (my surgeons group) I'm pretty average with the loss...especially considering I'm not big on excersize...working on that though.

mango my sweet - I'm right here...I read the posts daily, just don't post myself all that often..I go in spurts. I still have TONS of unsolicited advise to doll out so don't you worry! I'm in Alaska (if that was REALLY your question)...in Nome (north, near Russia, on the coast...you know that Iditarod race, well it ends here)

Brandy - you wouldn't have believed the strange looks I got at Breakfast...here's the buffet, my kids with plates stacked high of everything imaginable and me...with my slim fast shake...haha!

Jackie et al - my S-I-L told me about her plane trip to Miami to join us on the cruise...man with two young children doing the yuppie expain everything thing (I'm old school when it comes to parenting), well he's explaining everything about the plane to them, and then the daughter states matter-of-factly, "There is no Santa Claus!" My SIL then turns around (she's had it by now.) and looks at the girl and tell her that, "What are you talking about? I LIVE in North Pole, Alaska...I see Santa almost everyday...I live down the street from his house and workshop. There are reindeer in our yard!" The girl and her dad shut up for the rest of the trip. NOTE: This is TRUE, she DOES live in North Pole, etc. I believe in Santa...if I don't he won't come to my house and confirm that I've been a good girl and leave me something sparkly!

WOW! I'm impressed with everyone's weight loss (regardless of amount)...we all LOST weight this month! Oh yeah! I'm doing a little dance here, anyone see it? Oh, that's right, I've got a tan now and my butt isn't as bright as the North Star...well, you'll just have to imagine it then! :-)