Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Yes, Sunny, you did have a sh*tty day. And the bad fill at the doc's office was just a bump in the road. I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy. I know how pets are members of the family, and you mourn their loss as you would a human. Accept that you will grieve and find comfort in your family, including Rocky. Time will pass and you will move on. Daisy will always be with you. Happy memories of her will make you smile at the oddest moments. I like to think of those moments as times when our departed family members are thinking of us too. Strange, but it helps me. Cherish those memories.

Thank you so much for your comforting words. Not everyone understands the grief you can experience at the loss of a pet. Thanks again.

Sunny, my heart goes out to you tonight. I've been through this too, and they are members of the family, there is no like a member feeling to me. I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope that you will find some comfort in the next days knowing she did not suffer. It sounded like it was quick, and she was not in any pain. The fact that you could not of done anythig for her should be a comfort too. Sometimes things just happen, but God will take good care of her for you. Again, I'm so sorry.

Sunny, please keep us updated on your fill tomorrow. I can't believe he couldn't axcess it. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow under floro.

Good luck to you.

Lynette, thanks for the understanding words. She was my baby girl and I keep looking for her tonight. MY heart just aches. I know it will get better but it feels like crap right now.

I will post after the hopefully successful fill tomorrow. Y'all don't know of anyone who was unable to get a fill under fluro, do you? It would be just my luck.

Sarujah

Try taking a a small sip of hot tea with meat tenderizer mixed into it then see what happens. The hot tea should help loosen up the stomach muscles a little and the tenderizer will work to break down the blocked food. You could try a clear liquid diet today and tomorrow then see how you feel also. I've read on LBP that a lot of people go on Clear Liquids right after they get a fill.

Hi Maria, I'm having the same problems after my first fill on friday. No matter how little or how slowly I eat or drink--even water--I gurgle and burp and hiccup. Maybe it's getting a little better, but I haven't been able to get in more than 500 calories a day. I'm going to try to wait it out for awhile b/c I hate to pay for another appointment and then have it refilled again later, but all of this noise is annoying

Lynette--I don't know how much you can do in 2 days! I am shocked at what they expect from a 3-year-old, but I wouldn't worry about him falling behind. Kids develop at their own pace, but usually by 7 or 8 they are all about the same. I had 4 kids, and really, they are all different, but in the end they all came out OK. I agree with you that preschool is to learn these things--maybe you should look for a different one?

Sunny, I'm sorry about your doggie. :cry I don't have any pets, but I can imagine how you're feeling. At least she's not hurting now, you know? You'll feel better w/time. HUGS to you!!!!

Hey Lynette, Marcy, Kathybad, Sarujah, Jeanie, Dini and all the other Lucky 7s!!! I miss you guys so much!!!!

I have my 2nd post-op appt on Thursday. I will be moving to solids! Yay!!! Not sure what my first 'legal' solid meal will be. Any suggestions?

BTW, I still want a fill really bad. I have absolutely no restriction, still.

Lynette, sweetie, don't feel bad! You haven't failed Hunter at all! I'm sorry, but I don't know too many 3 year olds that know how to use scissors or catch a bean bag!!!! Goodness gracious. It really does seem that they're expecting a little much. Kicking a ball I can see, but that other stuff...I'm sure Hunter is bright and doing just fine. Seems the pre-school's testing is a bit much, if you ask me.

Please don't beat yourselves up. I know you and your DH are doing an awesome job w/Hunter! Let us know how Thursday goes.

Seems like many of us are having downer days today. :cry

Hi Lindaa and SSanka!!! How's it going?

Lynette, I cannot believe they are testing for pass fail for motor skills for preschool. We are getting so competitive in our society. I agree with Linda, kids develop at there own pace and those skills will come without pressure. You have done an excellent job and measuring against others at that age is crazy. If he hasn't had an opportunity to practice a skill he will not know how to do it. I am with you...cutting with scissors is not a skill I want develped early. don't fill guily. Just love him and he will learn...:mad:

Sunny--we have a li'l Shitzu too and they're so cute--she's 13, and I know our day is coming. It is so sad. Sounds like your puppy didn't suffer much which is some comfort. The next couple of days and weeks are gonna be tough, no doubt about it. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Thanks for the shout-out Chim. You guys are all so sweet. I love being a part of this group,

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

My first fill was no real big deal. My doc wanted to fill me to 6 cc in a 10 cc band. The band comes pre-filled with 3-4 cc, so he added 3 cc; whoa! I felt the restriction immediately. He had me get up and drink some water; it wouldn't go down. It felt like instant major acid reflux. So, he got a bigger syringe (same diameter needle) and removed all of the saline--well, it seems the band came filled with 5 cc and when he added 3 cc it was considerably more than the 6 cc he wanted me to have. So, he just put in an even 6 cc and I go back in a month.

I came home and drank some hot chamomile tea and it went down fine. I had my quick and easy Italian dish that's one of my real treats, and was able to eat about 1/2 cup with no problems. It took me about 20 minutes to get it down, but I felt full and stopped. It was great. That was about an hour ago and I'm still feeling fine.

So, that's that. No more mystery, and I'm very pleased with the first fill, so far :-)

ImFine-Congrats on the fill and having restriction right away. That is great. Your Italian dish sounds yummy. Would you mind sharing your recipe? Thanks

Okay Jackie, here it is. The only real carbs in it is in the pizza sauce, but you could substitute with marinara, which may be lower.

1/4 c. part skim ricotta cheese (season with oregano, garlic salt, and onion salt, add in some grated part-skim mozzarella), put this in the bottom of a small oven-safe dish

1/4 c. pizza sauce (I like Boboli) or use low carb marinara

sprinkle with mozzarella

place as much pepperoni as you want (I use the thinly-sliced Hormel pepperoni slices)--I use about 12 pieces

top with freshly grated parmesan cheese

Bake at 300 degrees for about 1/2 hour.

This tastes so good and has a reasonable amount of carbs (around 25), but this tends to be the only carbs I'll have for the day, if I make it. I usually will eat it for a late lunch/early supper.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! It's like having a cross b/w manicotti and pizza! I just love having something spicy!

Oh, and thanks for the congrats! I had a great day today too. I worked in the yard pretty much all morning and drank Water like there was no end! It all went down fairly smoothly.

I then had a quick shower and got down a full 20 oz of Protein shake for lunch. Supper was some tuna salad with salad olives in it. All went well. The tuna salad was slow going down, but again, in about 20 minutes I got down about 3/4 c. I think my fill is just perfect for now! Whew.