Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

caolin, sounds like you are doing really good. The soreness passes quickly. I get sore if I do too much physical now. I got to move to soft/mushy food today. I really excited and scared.

Thanks for the encouragement Unruly! My motivation was orginally to help get rid of the gas pain plus my butt hurt from all that sitting.

Hey guys! I'm contemplating whether I should try to get on the treadmill for a 10 minute stint. I got banded 4 days ago. Do you guys think its too soon to do the treadmill? I've been walking around my parents house and the only pain I have thats due to movement is when I try to climb the stairs. I have the regular gas pain, stitches pain thingy going on.

I started walking on the treadmill about 10 min a day on about day 4. You should be fine. It will help the gas.

Ah Merci AuntyPhyl

thanks for that!!!! how you doing? have you been going on any moer exciting little holidays?

I.m doing great, Dini. "Mushy" tomorrow and I'm so happy!! I can't wait to have scrambled eggs for breakfast!!

Camping trip (well, we cheat--RV) coming up next weekend with our daughters and their families. We're going to Sequim WA. Should be fun.

You have anything exciting going on??

Thanks for filling her in Phyl.

I've got someone coming to appraise my house, so now I'm re-cleaning my house, dusting, the whole works now. Staying busy, hope it counts as excercise, cause I'm beat already.

Hi all. I went to the doc today and he removed the dressing. Ugly red scars. What can I put on them to make them look better?

Anyway, I have lost 8 lbs and I can move to soft/mushy food. I have 1/2 cup refried Beans for lunch. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I am a little sore from all my running around.

Lynette, glad to see you got computer working. When you get your yahoo messager working, IM at sunshine6855@yahoo.com if you want to chat.

Jeanie, so you are enjoying the bike ride. I wish I had a man to ride with. It would be fun. I love to ride.

Phyl, how's it going? I see you have another trip planned. I can't wait for the pics. I am moving to mushies too. This will be fun.

Phyllser - That's great that you get to start eating real food again....you had a killer of a pre-op diet and I'm inspired by your dedication to follow doctor's orders pre and post op! I'm sure you will be on the top of the "success" list!

Dini - Preparation H is for hemorrhoids! Keeps the swelling down! Some folks even use it for under their eyes if they haven't enough sleep! LOL! I'm curious, how did you manage to get on with Miami Ink? Do they have a reservation list or something...the show doesn't show them really busy, but I know better. When I went to Vegas last year I looked into the other place (can't remember the name, but the show was "Inked") and you couldn't call ahead, you had to go in at the crack of early, wait in line a couple hours to find out if they'd even "do" you and then wait around all day for your appointment! I found a professional down the street who did a great job! Maybe we could all meet at the shop and get tattoos together (my husband would be so pleased!)

The scale moved down, one pound, but at least it's moving down again! I'm still feeling good. Something good must be happening because my daughter pulled my jeans off....without the zipper or button being undone! LOL! She didn't even pull hard!

I went out of the house today for the first time since surgery and came back completely exhausted. Hats off to you ladies who are back at work so soon. I was out less than 30 min. and came back and napped for 1 h 30 min. ! I think it's because I am not eating very much at all. Next week will be hard because I have workshops and appointments to go to so I won't be able to sleep all day. But, DH and I have been going for a 20 min. walk (very slowly) every day since surgery, so I believe that has helped with gas pains. I am so happy because I have not taken any pain meds since yesterday and don't feel much at all.

Kim- congratulations on the willpower to sit in the car while mom/daughter ate at the restaurant! It must have been hard but it's well worth it in the long run.

Thanks for filling her in Phyl.

I've got someone coming to appraise my house, so now I'm re-cleaning my house, dusting, the whole works now. Staying busy, hope it counts as excercise, cause I'm beat already.

Are you moving?

Where is everybody???

The school secretary just called and said they will be ordering non-shrinking polo shirts for all teachers and wanted to know my size. I froze in panick. What should I say? I decided to say 'large' because I did not want to outgrow my new shirt in no time at all. I am a 2x/1x right now. Did I go too far? Should I call her back and say xl? I did a google search on sizes and it says 12/14 is a large, and 16 is an xl. Help!:help:

Cazulay, no, not moving, we're refinancing the house. On the shirt, when is it for, like when will you have to wear it?

Sunny, Vitamin E oil is great for scars, or maderma(sp) for scaring.

Cazulay, no, not moving, we're refinancing the house. On the shirt, when is it for, like when will you have to wear it?

Sunny, Vitamin E oil is great for scars, or maderma(sp) for scaring.

So, good luck with your appraisal!!!!

We usually have, well, don't have to, but do wear the school t-shirt on Fridays.

Dini, sorry I forgot to tell you that Hunter is ok. After my remedy he went about 2 hours later. Thank God, he was in pain. He was telling me his belly hurt, but he wouldn't eat anything for me but cheese. Bad move, but what can you do. After, he ate a whole hot dog on bread, and a snack. So his appetite came back.

Cazulay, I'd order one now, and you could always order another later in the school year. If you're a 1x now, you'll probably need a large, but maybe a medium later!!

Cazulay, I'd order one now, and you could always order another later in the school year. If you're a 1x now, you'll probably need a large, but maybe a medium later!!

A medium??? I wouldn't dream of a medium :omg:!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have ever been a medium! But you are right, I need to order a 1x now and large for later. Thanks!