Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

My doctor said no pools, baths or hot tubs for four weeks.

Jeane thanks for putting a link to the recipes.

Gee, glad I don't have your doc, lol, ... two weeks for swimming seemed like an eternity! LOL

You are very welcome for the link, seemed some people were having trouble pulling it up.

Have a great day! Been sitting here way too long, gotta go do some things!!! Talk to you later!!! ;)

Hey,

I had my surgery on the 23rd and to be honest, I am just now starting to feel better and it is the 28th. I tried driving on the 26th which was not a good idea. I was falling asleep at the red lights! So needless to say, I started listening more to body and just slowed down. I gained five pounds when I left the hospital. However, I am now down between 7-8lbs. I am actually ok with the liquid diet, crazy as it sounds! My stomach is finally starting to deflate. I have tapered off the medications and switched to Tylenol. Tonight will be the first night without liquid percocet. God willing.

I too have experienced pain in the port area. An for some reason, I have developed a tickle cough which is a nightmare after this surgery. What I have done is I hold a pillow to my stomach, cross my arms across my abs and cough. It is a lot less painful.

I had to back out of New England Country Music concert today at Gillette Stadium. It is an all day affair, with about a mile back & forth for parking, 10 hrs in the sun, and 25,000 people. If one person bumped into me I could have ended up back in the hospital. And as silly as it sounds, I know I made the right decision, but I was all weepy eyed today. And truth be told, I wanted to turn to food for comfort. I can't do that anymore. But feeling the feelings absolutely SUCK!

So, I am writing you guys in hope the it will lift some of this yucky feeling that I am experiencing. I feel very lonely in this recovery and truthfully it's killing me. I am single and live alone and have had some great friends come help me, but in general it is me going through this every day. And if it wasn't for this forum, I might go nuts!

So thank you for listening to my babble...and getting me through these first few days. Each day I feel better, I just think today the emotions caught up with me. Good news is that this day is almost over, and tomorrow is a new day.

Keeping you all in my prayers....

Eileen we were banded on the same day!!! Sorry to hear that you have been having pain. It will get better. I was fortunate and never had any gas pain or pain. Just tenderness in the abdomin when I moved thank goodness. I was fortunate because I read alot that people have quite a bit of pain.

Congratulations on the weight loss!! Your doing wonderful. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Come here whenever you need to chat. There is always someone here to listen. None of us will ever have to be alone. ;)

Thank you all for your kindness.... it is true that I am from the other side of the world, but American Syrian, my grandperants left for the States in 1946, my Mom was the only one who came back to Syrian and the rest are still there.... there is 7 hours time difference between Syrian and the east coast....

Has any of you suffered a neck and shoulder pain after the op., today is my 8th day and the pain is still very strong.... it is not there all the time.. but when it is gets stronger I seem to loose it....

My husband is an ER doctor.. he gives me some pain killers, but the pain is horrible...

I have read on the internet that some people do get this pain. I have two of my friends who go it for 8 days... I do hope this thing will go... today I went out of my mind, I was crying... thinking that I have took the worst descision ever in my life and that I have hurt myself for ever...

I am taking liquids, as for Soup, I have made a nice light one...if anybody would like to have the recipie:

peel a potato or two, cut them into small pieces and add some pieces of carrots. Boil them and then add some milke, salt and white pepper... blend them and take small amounts now and then and you will be full and satisfied....

PLS HELP S.O.S. if any of you dear frineds have suffered from the pain I was telling you about...

Maria

Hi Everyone,

I just want to send a huge hug out to Jeannie, Sunny, CeCe, & Jackie. I feel a little better today. The physcial pain is lifting and now it's just the emotional stuff. I had to stop and think for a minute that this is the by far, one of the hardest things I have ever done. Not so much for the surgery b/c I have been through worse (partial masectomy and 3 breast reconstruction surgeries). But there is nothing that is deeper for me in my soul then my disfuctional relationship with food. I have done years of self help groups. But making a decision to change this behavior with the help of Lap band is huge. Ofcourse, I am going to be emotional! Sometimes, I so fiercely independant that I forget that I am human! And letting people know that I am hurting is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.

:faint::faint:

Again, thank you to those wonderful angels that have helped me get through the last 24 hrs. Things are looking up. I woke up today and got on the scale and was down another pound! There is nothing to complain about that!

Sending good wishes to anyone who has been banded or who is considering the band. No matter, you don't have to go through it alone.

:kiss2:

Eileen, I am glad you are feeling a little better today. You picture is very pretty, by the way. We all have a dyfunctional relationship with food or we would be so overweight that we have WLS. So you are not alone. And you are not. There is always someone here to help when you have questions or just need to talk.

Maria, I did not have the neck and shoulder pain but many here did. That is the gas they put in your abdomen to distend it to do the surgery. Not all of it is released and it just has to work it way out of you system. Some people used heating pad. Maybe that will help. I hope it gets better for you. It will pass and you will be glad you had this surgery...;)

Ribearty, I hope you do well at the ball game. I just don't like to sit in 90 degree weather for much of anything...:biggrin1:

Sheelagh, glad you are doing better. That bloating is a b**ch. Hope is gets better.

Jackie, our experiences seems to be similar. I hope I continue to do well.

Jeanie, how's it going. Have you been swimming? I am just not used to not doing anything. Once I feel a little better and can out shopping, movies, etc. I will enjoy being off. I will try driving today to take my mother to pick up her meds. Be nice to get out and walk around Walmart. Didn't do that yesterday.

Jackie, Great, glad you are doing so well!

Maria, I had the should pain, lasted probably a week and a half and is now gone. Neck pain, I didn't have, but I did have the lower back pains, which I had to go to the chiropractor for. I was allowed to go and get an adjustment at 1 week post-op, perhaps that would help you also. I hope it gets better for you! It is not fun to be in pain! Where did you have your surgery? Again, welcome to our group!

Hey everyone, I have a question. I had my surgery on the 19th and I went in for my post op apt on the 26th and when they weighed me I had lost 7 pounds. For some reason i thought being on liquids i would have lost a lot more then that? Anyone else feel this way? My mom told me i was swollen from surgery and all the liquid they pump into you and of course from sodium in the broth and stuff. I was a little dissapointed i guess. LoL

> >The Wooden Bowl

> >

> >I guarantee you will remember the tale of the Wooden Bowl

> >

> > tomorrow, a week from now, a month from now, a year from >now.

> >

> >A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and

> >>four-yearold grandson.

> > The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step

> > >faltered.

> >

> > The family ate together at the table. But the elderly grandfather's

> >shaky

> > hands and

> > failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the

> > >floor.

> > When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth.

> >

> >The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess.

> > "We must do something about father," said the son.

> > "I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the

> > >floor."

> >

> >So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner.

> > There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed

> >dinner.

> > Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a

> > >wooden bowl.

> >

> >When the family glanced in Grandfather's direction, sometimes he had a

>tear

> >>in his eye as he sat alone.

> > Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when

> > >he dropped a fork or spilled food.

> >

> >The four-year-old watched it all in silence.

> >

> >One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood

> >>scraps on the floor.

> > He asked the child sweetly, "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the

> > >boy responded,

> > "Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to eat your food in when

> > >I grow up.

> > " The four-year-old smiled and went back to work.

> >

> >The words so struck the parents so that they were speechless.

> > Then tears started to stream down their cheeks.

> > Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done.

> >

> >That evening the husband took Grandfather's hand and gently led him back

> >>to the family table.

> > For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for

> > >some reason,

> > neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was

> > >dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled.

> >

> >On a positive note, I've learned that, no matter what happens,

> > how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

> >

> >I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she

> >>handles four things:

> > a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree

> > >lights.

> >

> >I've learned that, regardless of your relationship with your parents,

> > you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

> >

> >I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a

> >>"life.."

> >

> >I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

> >

> >I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on

> >>both hands.

> > You need to be able to throw something back.

> >

> > I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you.

> > But, if you focus on your family, your friends, the needs of others,

> > your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

> >

> >I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I

> >>usually make the right decision.

> >

> >I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

> >

> >I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone.

> >

> >People love that human touch -- holding hands, a warm hug, a quick note or phone call, or just a

> >>friendly pat on the back.

> >

> >I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

> >

> >I've learned that you should pass this on to everyone you care about

> >>.......I just did.

>

>

I do care about everyone on here and all of us are having our own trials and tribulations!! I just thought a little reflection might help us keep it all in perspective! At least, we are all for the most part, healthy, and working towards being more so!! We are definitely working towards our own betterment and eventual old age in a more graceful and healthy manner!!! Yeah, for all of us!!!!:whoo:

Hello, all.

DINIBAMBINI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you're not too busy at work tonight!

Maria, welcome to the Lucky 7's. The pain you're feling may still be gas in your bady, it can take a long time to work itself out, so keep walking, and maybe take something for the gas pains. The walking will help move it around so it can exit your system.

Sorry I had to rush out yesterday. I started feeling nauseated, for almost 2 hours. Never got sick, but wasn't feling good at all.

Dmtjet, I have ate the spaghetti squash with sauce before, it is very good. I'm heading out to the store for ricotta cheese right after I get in the shower. I hope to have it for dinner tonight, or lunch tomorrow!!

Sunny and Kathy, so you doing ok guys. Hows Bamdland been treating you both?

Chim, did you get your bodybugg yet lady???

Nurse 76, how was the test???

Cazulay, glad to hear you DH was a litle more attentive once you got home.

bostonchic, sounds like you're recoveing well, way to go!!

jackie506, I couldn't drive until I was of the pain meds. Give it a few days and you'll do fine.

ribearty, my doc said no pools for 2 weeks to, but I'd listen to your doc just in case.

I'll catch up to others in a little bit, need to shower and run to the store while my little one is napping!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hey everyone, I have a question. I had my surgery on the 19th and I went in for my post op apt on the 26th and when they weighed me I had lost 7 pounds. For some reason i thought being on liquids i would have lost a lot more then that? Anyone else feel this way? My mom told me i was swollen from surgery and all the liquid they pump into you and of course from sodium in the broth and stuff. I was a little dissapointed i guess. LoL

Kristin, your mom is right!!! Aren't they always, lol????:) I was up 7 pounds the day after my surgery. It works its way out slowly!

Sunny, Enjoy your day and get that exercise! I am glad you are feeling better today! I am going to try my uncirculated pool again today, lol. Like right now!! Tell your mom hi from me, lol!!! I am sure that will just make her day!!!! LOL Remember, don't overdo it and I will check back later!!!;)

Lynette, Let us know how the spaghetti squash is and then post that recipe, lol!!! Enjoy your little guy!!!! Later!! The pool is calling, threatening another thunderstorm, so no idea how long this will be, lol!!!

dmtjet, you brought tears to my eyes with that story. My fathe is gone, and I so miss him terrible, and have mourned his death for so long. My mother and I have tried very hard to make amends in the past 16 years since he's been gone, and though we will never be close, I do love her, and would miss her terribly too. We all have the world in our hands, to do with it whatever we want, and there's no use crying over spilled milk, only laughter when you spill the whole gallon!!!

I hope one day to age as a healthy, more mature adult then I have every dreamed of being, and when it's time to bring my mother home, I'm assured that I too will let her sit at our table, the family table!!

Thanks for that story.

for breaky I had a Protien fruit Smoothie;;;;

lunch was a cut up Mango, 2 Ryevita crakers with Cream cheese on it.

Supper will be Curry Lentil Soup ( KathyBad's recipe from another thread)

that's it so far!

Sunny,

Thanks for the kind words. Can you tell me how to move my pic from the the context of my email to underneath my screen name?

Eileen

Jeanie, Could you send "The Wooden Bowl" to me at my email address. I am not too good on the computer and I don't know how to just pull off just your post with that on it. It really touched me and I have a friend who really needs to read this. Thank you if you can. My email address is pjclifton123@hotmail.com. That is special.

Patti C