Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Sunny i've not got anyone any more to clean the house! i've to start again on the hunt. she really was terrible andthis woman i know that lives in the across of us said she was great and this lady is the prim and propper type. anyways she's not coming back silly cow mare

I think you and I will be sharing Marcy spare room!! on the prawl for men!!!

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION!

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE ODD STITCH IS LEFT IN? DOES IT MAKE THE SCARE BIGGER? DOES IT CAUSE INFECTION? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

TA TA

chim,

good luck to you. I will be thinking of you . good idea not to go home alone. I have a husband here and 2 kids. My husband will probably be useless LOL, but my kids are 19 (twins) and so good to me. They will give me all the TLC I need.

Kathy, my son was in a car wreck a few years ago and one of his injuries was he almost bit his tongue completely off. It has 2 little strips of skin, one on each side holding it on. The did some local and re-attached, not sure if it would take or not. It did and he has never had any problems. You can't even tell it happened. The good thing out of that was he was wanting to pierce his tongue. After that experience, which was extremely painful, he didn't want to anymore...felt like he had already pierced it. Point is, she will do fine and will probably not be able to tell later that it happened. Hugs and kisses to her and her boo boo. :biggrin1:

marcyinak! both Sunny and I used the phrase 'contagious smile' for your daughter so its now fact!! your little angel has a contagious smile!!!!

I got a question: In what way to you find support most helpful? For instance, do you find chatting on line most helpful (from other banders), sweet comments from family and friends, or even the doctor giving you praise and confidence?

I find, right now, that the support from a couple of banders that email me to be the most helpful right now. My DH is great, but the other night did the, "are you supposed to be able to eat all that?" thing and, well, didn't feel supportive, even if he is.

marcyinak! both Sunny and I used the phrase 'contagious smile' for your daughter so its now fact!! your little angel has a contagious smile!!!!

what can I say Dini, great minds think alike. :) I sure hope that is a good size guest room you have Marcy. Dini and I will be sharing. Hopefully we won't be there alot;)

chim,

good luck to you. I will be thinking of you . good idea not to go home alone. I have a husband here and 2 kids. My husband will probably be useless LOL, but my kids are 19 (twins) and so good to me. They will give me all the TLC I need.

Cate for a good 3 weeks i kept knocking Adam, telling al the rows we were having and totally bitching about him, Then he said something to me one day and it clicked he'd read most of my posts!! i'm not bothered cos there all true but i think it made him cop on!!!

Wow, Kathy!!! A bit scary I'm sure, for us, but seemingly not for your little one. Kids are so wonderful. They bounce back so easily!

Sunny, I certainly try!!! It's tough when I don't have my calendar w/me...but Lynette helps keep me straight! Thank you!

Marcy, what a cutie pie! Everyone on here has such beautiful children. I can't wait until it's my turn. Soon and very soon...hopefully. LOL!

Dini, let me think about a question...hmmm...

Are you guys watching Big Medicine on TLC??? Did you see the surgeons' daughter/sister has the LapBand and was having problems? She was vomiting and the ER where she was didn't know about the band and couldn't unfill her!?!?!?! What's up w/that? She had to fly home to have them unfill her a little. I'm gonna call my local hospitals to see if they're familiar w/the LapBand.

My support comes from this group and my cousin, who had the band in May. People who are experiencing or have experienced what I am going to helps me. My family supports me emotionally but don't really understand.

Dini, internal stitches usually dissolve after a period of time. Occasionally one won't and it will work itself to the surface of the skin and come out. Are you talking about a stitch in the external incision? That is easily removed.

Thanks for the comments on my little Stormy! She's started smiling on command (you know, smile for the picture) and it ends up looking a lot like an angry snarl, but it's still cute!

Sunny and Dini - I appreciate that you think us Alaskans are so well off that I've got a spare bedroom! LOL! I guess I could give you Stormy's room and she could stay with me...I'd make room for you, but my little "bungalo" has only one bathroom! This might sound hillbilly, but I allow the boys to pee on the trees outside! Needless to say the neighbor kids are appalled! LOL! My neighbor's house is for sale though! Only $290,000 for a 4bdrm 2bath!! Ok, really, the prices are outrageous!

Wow, Kathy!!! A bit scary I'm sure, for us, but seemingly not for your little one. Kids are so wonderful. They bounce back so easily!

Sunny, I certainly try!!! It's tough when I don't have my calendar w/me.

Marcy, what a cutie pie! Everyone on here has such beautiful children. I can't wait until it's my turn. Soon and very soon...hopefully. LOL!

Dini, let me think about a question...hmmm...

Are you guys watching Big Medicine on TLC??? Did you see the surgeons' daughter/sister has the LapBand and was having problems? She was vomiting and the ER where she was didn't know about the band and couldn't unfill her!?!?!?! What's up w/that? She had to fly home to have them unfill her a little. I'm gonna call my local hospitals to see if they're familiar w/the LapBand.

chimboree i'm goinna have to call my one too! only something like less than 400 in the whole of ireland have been banded, i'm beating that my hosp does not know about it

My support comes from this group and my cousin, who had the band in May. People who are experiencing or have experienced what I am going to helps me. My family supports me emotionally but don't really understand.

Dini, internal stitches usually dissolve after a period of time. Occasionally one won't and it will work itself to the surface of the skin and come out. Are you talking about a stitch in the external incision? That is easily removed.

Old fashion stitches, I went back a week after opp to get them taken out i came home and she had left 4 in. but i think there aer still some more in my scares. although there closed scares if that makes scence. one of the incisions feels lumpy :)

Marcy, I have a few acres and my son was always doing that. I always figured that was the advantage of being a guy.

Dini and I don't need too much space. And just think, you would be introducing us to guys continuously hoping to get rid of us quickly :)

Didn't you say you have a lot of friends in law enforcement...hot, hot , hot...:)

My support pretty much comes from here. My family and co-workers (that know) are supportive and excited for me.

I love this site. I know that I'm at peace w/my decision thanks (in part) to the info from here. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Dini it takes a while for internal stitches to dissolve. And scars feel lumpy when they are new. That will fade with time. Nothing for you to worry about.