Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

dmtjet, love the Bandaliers comment. Where did he get that one,LOL.

PrincessWillow, very well put. I'm spending a lot more time playing with my 3 year old, as I have a lot more enegy!!

NewCC, I know you asked nurse76 this, but I thought I'd tell you what I found too. I got papaya enzymes at Walmart. They are chewables, and taste great!!

Hi Sunny, and anyone else still around.

Laurend, I got a good one for you that you'll appreciate hearing. At least you've been invited out for dinner with your family , even it you get harassed about what you're eating. Today I took my niece and nephew out with my son. I heard they went out to eat for my nieces birthday Wednesday night. I guess I wasn't invited this year, as they do this every year, because 'I can't eat". I also heard her say they 'celebrated' which means cake, ice cream, presents, the whole party thing. I guess they think I can't put nothing into my mouth now. So I ended up giving her her birthday present today, and the whole party thing this weekend isn't going to happen. What stinks is I've been telling my 3 year old that we'll be going to Ally's birthday party this weekend, when in reality, they've already had her party. Now isn't that a crock. At least they could of invited my family, even if they thought I 'couldn't eat'. But no, we were all left out this year. Kinda hurts in a way, just like the hurt you feel when your dad gets on you. I guess it will just take a little bit to get used to all the bad that comes with the good.

Thanks Sunny, I figured I had to be missing something. It is crazy to sit here and figure out exactly where you need to edit with all the smiley faces on there. Makes my eyes hurt.

dmtjet, talking about eyes, I had lasic eye surgery 5 years ago. Up until Lap Band surgery I always said it was the best money I ever spent, now it's the second best, but I still see better than 20/20.

Well all, that's probably about it for me tonight. TGIF, and the weekend is here. I'll check in and see how everyone is tomorrow, of cousre, and everyone have a great night.

Hi, All!

Didn't beat the afternoon commute traffic, but we were home by 6 p.m. Everything went very well and I so much appreciate all your support and well wishes. Surgery lasted about 90 minutes, they seemed to keep me a long time in recovery but I don't know why because I was doing fine. Anyways, Nurse John and I were pretty good friends by the time they moved me to a room!!

Port hurts and the rest of my belly is starting to get sore so I just took a dose of my liquid Vicodin. Condo is only 900 sq ft and its pouring down rain, so I'm walking back & forth a little inside. No problem with my Clear Liquids. I'm sipping green tea, I've had some chicken broth, apple juice, cranberry juice. Juices seem to sweet, so diluting with Water.

Trying to catch up on all your posts, but after that pain med, I just want to go to sleep!

:bored

CAOLIN: I was done at Virginia Mason in Seattle... thus the long miserable commute to Everett this afternoon... 2 hours!!

iT LOOKED KINDA LIKE THIS :faint:

:):car:;):car::car::car::car::car::car:

Lynette, Maybe you can ask them to please invite you to things and let YOU decide if you can "handle it." It seems so improper for them to just exclude you without any option! I think they think they are being kind :). I'm sorry it happened.

:help:Lucky 7's I need some encouragement that I can do this liquid thing for another week. I am SOOOOOOO sick of Soup that I am ready to die! I feel guilty because I read other people posting that they're doing just fine with it and I'M being such a whiner. I get hungry in the evenings and it's like I can't stop fantasizing about food. I stare at my family members food and feel resentful. I am so glad to have this surgery but I'm just feeling depressed about this liquid thing. Right now I can have liquified soup, yogurt, pudding, and Protein Shakes. One more week until I can start eggs and mashed veggies and applesauce. Good God that sounds like heaven! Ok, I feel better just typing this out. I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong..............................

Hello Everyone! I just came across this thread and thought I would say hello. I am getting my band in a few days and will be a fellow July bandster! I am sooo excited!! I live in New Mexico and am going to Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver. If anyone has any friendly advice to pass on, I would much appreciate it. I have learned so much already by reading all the posts and things on here. It has been a big support. I am so glad there is something like this out there. The weight problem sucks and I am so glad to finally be getting a solution. I also have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it hard for me to lose weight but soooo easy to gain it. I am hoping this will help with that as well. I would love to hear from anyone else that is going through the same thing! Right now I am in the midst of my pre-op diet and am sooo sick of meat & eggs I could scream!! I am really looking forward to the liquids after the surgery just so I don't have to eat any meat...blaaahhhh! After this, I just might become a vegetarian.

Greetings All:

Thank you to the many of you who responded to what happened during my surgery. I do appreciate all your kind words and concern.

I have an appt. next Thursday with my surgeon - hopefully to get this drain they sent me home with removed.

I'm in pretty good spirits, except for the gas pain I'm still experiencing and the 9 lbs I gained after 4 days of IV fluids. Hopefully, I can start loosing like a bandster, even if I'm not one.

Hugs and kisses to all - you are so great. Hope everyone else who got banded this week is doing well.

Laurend, I got a good one for you that you'll appreciate hearing. At least you've been invited out for dinner with your family , even it you get harassed about what you're eating. Today I took my niece and nephew out with my son. I heard they went out to eat for my nieces birthday Wednesday night. I guess I wasn't invited this year, as they do this every year, because 'I can't eat". I also heard her say they 'celebrated' which means cake, ice cream, presents, the whole party thing. I guess they think I can't put nothing into my mouth now. So I ended up giving her her birthday present today, and the whole party thing this weekend isn't going to happen. What stinks is I've been telling my 3 year old that we'll be going to Ally's birthday party this weekend, when in reality, they've already had her party. Now isn't that a crock. At least they could of invited my family, even if they thought I 'couldn't eat'. But no, we were all left out this year. Kinda hurts in a way, just like the hurt you feel when your dad gets on you. I guess it will just take a little bit to get used to all the bad that comes with the good.

That sucks, Lynette. I agree with NewCC, you should tell them to let YOU decide if you can go to a party or eat something. I started crying tonight over the thing with my dad. He had to lecture me yet again when we were waiting for my mom to get out of Wal-Mart and then again when we were ordering dinner. Telling me that he didn't want to see this surgery go to waste, etc., etc., etc. And you know what he did at dinner? He ordered a great big hamburger and onion rings. AND he ate 4 slices of my mom's pizza. I managed to hold it in, but later started crying when I was talking about it with my mom. The hypocrisy is what really gets to me, because he manages to forget that while I went to the length of having surgery, he belongs to a gym and goes every night. So much for letting something go to waste, huh?

Chimboree:

Thanks for the PPP, it's awesome and an inspiration.

Phyllser:

Glad you are doing well.

To new Lucky 7's - welcome to the greatest group you'd ever hope to meet. - Come on our cruise next year.

Lynette: There's no excuse for rudeness especially within families. I feel bad for them. Their judgement is poor - your response is what makes the difference.

Before I forget, here's this week's updated spreadsheet. I'm not going to have time to post tomorrow, and I'll be gone for the week, so I'll go ahead and say "bye" to everyone now. I really hope I remembered to add all the updates that were posted or sent to me.

EDIT: Crud! I can't believe that I forgot to add the spreadsheet! I have been SO scatterbrained this week. I looked for the keys to my apartment for two days before I found them lying on the passenger seat of my car, where I THOUGHT I had already looked.

dieka 32: Tonight I made one of my favorite meals for everyone else. It was the pits watching them eat :) But I knowing what would happen if I tried gave me the strength I needed. It's no longer a choice. Nasty but true: This is the hand we've been dealt. We will get past this phase and I believe that it will get better.

Biggest Loser: You are doing great on the pre op diet--you've lost what--11 pounds? Welcome to this group of losers!