Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I was on a web site today that sold Protein powders but there were so many was not sure which one to buy, just taking a multivit at the moment and drinking a slimfast to make sure im gettting the vits and minerals i need.

lainy, I can help you with the ticker at the bottom. I can PM you the directions to get it if you want.

You may want to ask Dini if she ever found the powders. I know there are tons of websites that sell them, just don't know if they ship over there or not. They are good to have. I wouldn't know what to do without it now.

Which one do I ask for I have found them on one website but wasnt sure which one to buy, and I know this sounds a bit thick of me but how do you use them?

I use the isolate powders, they are better absorbed by the body. I have chocolate, vanilla and unflavored. The chocolate and vanilla I use to make my shakes and add in fruits, Peanut Butter, cinnamon, etc. The unflavored I use to add to Soups, puddings, cottage cheese, applesauce, etc. I blend them with my shakes, and just stir it into other foods.

Oh they sound really good I will definetly get myself some . So do you take any other vits with that ?

Yes, I take a Multivitamin every day.

I just sent you a PM for the directions for the ticker. I'm getting ready to go out and I wanted to make sure you had it incase you wanted to try it again.

Thankyou Lynnette for all your help I will do that ( or try anyway) x speak to you soon bye

Ms Pris I am truly sorry for your bad experience. You are so right, everything does happen for a reason. Don't lose hope and hang in there.

Lynette617 & dmtjet Thank you all for the welcome, I am so happy I found you all : ))

I am new to the whole posting, and replying (hahaha) i hope i am doing this right.

Hey Everyone! Hope your all doing well

Lainy, hey !! Go to Holland & Barrett you'll get some Protein in there. they always have them crazy sales on so hopefully they will be reasonable enough.

If not Health shops usually have them i dont know if you have a Tony Quinn shop over there if you do they have them there too. hope that helped a little

Brandy about telling people. i've only told Adam & My mother. my mother has a fab figure and she's always knocked me about my size. from the age of 7 till 13 she used to put me on a scales every monday after school to see if i'd gain weight. She made my life hell. she told me that no boy would like me (thats never been a problem),she said i'd never get nice clothes, she also said that people wouldn't want to be around cos i'm fat. I have a cousin that i am always compared to. sje's smaller that i, prettier ... she's also a spoilt little cow who's never worked a day in her life. When i talked about the Band just talking about it she said why dont you get it done. I was like eh i'm thinking about it. she said she'd give me the money for it but in the end that was not possible cos she couldn't like take 10000 euro (13.000$$) without my dad asking where is it gone or what have you to show for it. U see i didn't want him to know. i was supose to get the band in dec but i had to save up cos i didn't want to get into debt for it so i got the band on, on june 26th. ah gosh i'm sorry that went on forever!!

KathyBad, I can totally understand your husband, i wouldn't want to live with my Itlian in laws, I honestly think i'd rather die!!!!

your more than welcome to come to italy with me some day. Instead of the cruise we can all go to my house in Italy!!!!

Hi to everyone else sorry for such a long mail!

Well, I had a long day of running!!! But I felt good and got some good news!!! I didn't have to have my eyes dilated (I hate that, because they stay dilated, I get a headache and can't do much but wait!)at the eye doctor, because I am off all of my diabetes meds now! Also, I can schedule to get Lasik Eye Surgery whenever I want!!!! I have wanted that for soooo long, so I am definitely psyched for that one!!!! One more positive to chalk up to the band!!!!

Gladster, glad you are doing so well! I have the hiccups too! They start when I need to stop eating! They seem to be my signal!!!! I heard another lady at the support group meeting say that was her signal too! So maybe that will be ours! Not so bad! I can handle that and they don't last long, just a few times and not big ones either, rather soft and gentle! I have had some rough ones in the past and these definitely aren't that!

Kathy, I am sooo anxious to see your new kitchen! I am sure it will be beautiful! I know you have to be so relieved to get that done before your big day!

Lynette, I hate doctor appointments too! Seems like lately that is all I do! How tempting was the pizza? We had it here a few days ago and it really didn't bother me ... and I love PIZZA! I ate the cheese and a little sauce too, but that was it and I was satisfied! Wouldn't have been like that pre-surgery!

NewCC, Princesswillow, Iluvmyboys, welcome to our group!!!! NewCC, I sponged off the day after surgery and was told to remove my bandages, all but the steri-strips, soap my incisions with a good moisturizing non-perfumey soap (they recommended Dove) and showered the day after that.

Princesswillow, I don't have any leakage in my incisions or even steri-strips now ... my surgery was 7/9. I barely know they are there now!

Iluvmyboys, congrats on the rebanding! Nice to know that you were pleased enough to do it again! I really think at this point, I would too! It has already made things soooo much better! I feel good and happy! Nice feeling!

Snag, 20 pounds is awesome! Congrats!

Cazulay, panic attacks and I are old friends! I felt that way too prior to surgery, but honestly now I wonder what I was fearful about! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself! It really isn't nearly as bad as you might imagine! A few days after surgery under your belt and you will be feeling soooo much better! The nice thing is that you will see differences almost immediately after your surgery!

lainy, Glad your spirits are better! I felt like that in the hospital, "Oh what have I done!", but honestly now, I have no idea why I felt that way! Just my panicky personality telling me, I should be upset and fearful! Really, it is soooo worth it! As of now, I would do it again!!! Can't help you with the bad breath thing, didn't have that one ... thank goodness! Definitely had the dry mouth thing though!

Brandy, I understand your not wanting to tell anyone! I didn't want to either, but as it turned out quite a few people know and for the most part are very supportive! However, I know what you mean by some people you would rather not know, because I have experienced that too! I do not want constant reminders of what I am to eat, how much, and when! However, I was kind of embarassed that I left myself get to this point, but now, I feel more proud that I had the guts and persistence to go ahead with it! There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of! At least, I am making an effort to better my quality of life and my health! I am rather pleased with myself!

Tinkerbell, each day will get better ... biggest recommendation is GasX Strips!!!!! That and walk, walk, walk!

jnkntrnk, Eating out isn't so bad, but you do need to go somewhere where you can order ala carte or Soup. I have found Wendy's chili to be just the right size and very filling. Kind of cool to be able to eat for $1.27!!!! Chili is quickly becoming my new staple! We went to a Family Diner the last Sunday and I got a side of mashed potatoes and a cup of chili! It was awesome!

christy, glad you are okay! Gee, I had chicken for supper tonight and chewed the dickens out of it!!!! My doc said I could try meats cut into 1/4 inch cups and be sure to chew until they are nearly gone! So far, so good! I love chicken and would definitely miss having it!

Marcyinak, no, don't chase chickens! Didn't your doc write that in your discharge papers, lol??? Sounds like we shouldn't be eating them either! Gee, the chickens are pretty safe on this new journey, lol! Oh, and I wish my doc would've used the patch for dry mouth!!!! That was miserable!!!! The worse part of the whole thing for me, especially when you get 1/4 cup of ice for the evening and through the night, because you can't have anything to they do the swallow test!!!!!! Dry and limited liquids, don't mix!!!!!

Bettyb, your doing fine posting!!!! Not hard to figure out! Just post your thoughts and someone will respond!

Dini, Chimboree, Laurend, and Sunny!!!!!! .... HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Dini, you say your are the only daughter??? I can't believe a mother could be that cruel!!! I am sure she meant well, but Holy Cow, how demeaning and degrading! I could NEVER do that to one of my girls!!! How is she now that you have it done? I hope she is supportive! You need support! Sounds like Adam may be and that is good! Gee, Honey, I don't like that you have had to deal with these kinds of things ... they make for eating disorders and nerve and self esteem problems! Not fair to impose upon a grownup, let alone a child!!! You are a wonderful, pleasant, and beautiful young lady! I am soooo glad you are here!!!!:hat: I love hearing from you each day!!!!! I better get off of my soapbox, but things like that anger me!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey Momma!!!

Usually I cry when i think about those years but not anymore. My mom now keeps asking me if i feel like i'm loosing weight and i'm like eh i can't feel it sorry! I think thats why i'm puting so much pressure on my self.

my mom has very bad eating habites herself. she never eats dinner , she just picks all day. I'm suprised i didn't end up Anorxic (sp).

I totally blame her, she wanted the child that everyone would say wow she's stunning , she's so beautiful. he taught a everyone taught that about m cousin and i guess she was jealous that her only daughter wasn't as cute. But looking back at the baby pics With all honestly I totally believe i was the cuter child but i was also cubbier, thats the real part she hated!!

I've banned her from talking to Annafrancesca about weight, size and all those things. I think this might sound harsh but i told her if she ever mutters one word about wiehgt to my daughter she'll never be allowed with her on her own. Annafrnacesca childhood will be exactly that a Childhood , filled with fun and joy not terror and shame!

oh how are you. any gossip?? xxxx

Honey, I walked out for a bit, there is a segment on the 1977 Flood on TV and my husband and I remember it so vividly! It was really a very tragic time in our community!

Dini, I don't blame you at all for not allowing your mom to speak of such things to Annafrancesca!!!! You are totally in the right and that should never be done! It leaves such big scars on one's soul and it is such an unfair life sentence to impose upon anyone! Gee, how did you turn out to be so wonderful????? You seemed to have fought an uphill battle from the things you have shared with us! My life was not like that at all, until as I told you these past 10 years! I really cannot say I was scarred as a child, but definitely the past few years and no one should have that much power over us!!! It took me a long time to come to that realization, but now, I look out for me and mine!!! Not that I don't care about others, but rather, mine come first! Those that are out to hurt or hinder me and mine are not part of my life! Just how it has to be! I doubt very much if your cousin is anywhere near as wonderful as you are! I am impressed with your spirit!!!! Don't let anyone undermind you or make you feel inferior!!!! You definitely don't deserve to be in that position! See, I am your Mom!!!! I CARE!!!!! :rolleyes:

I will check back in a little while! I am going to watch the end of the program! Hope everyone is having a nice evening!!!! :rolleyes: