Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey, any of you Guys NURSES out there????

I am day 3 post op and having bad diarhea!!! on all Clear Liquids right now.

Is it o.k. to take some Pepto bismol??? or Imodium???

Answers appreciated.

Hi Peaches, I'm not a nurse but Imodium is one of the things my doctor said to have for after the surgery. So it should be O.K.

Peaches, call the Dr if it gets too bad. I'd think you could take something. Your taking pain meds whick probably isn't clear liquid.< /p>

Hope you get some other replies.

So I just got the word we're going fishing tonight from 5pm to about 12am. We love to fish. I think it's relaxing, at least without my 3 year old, but with him there, it's always exciting. Can't wait, and I have to go to the store and do a little shopping now, so I'll check in later, or tomorrow after we get up.

Have a great day everyone.

Lynette,

I tried to walk outside this morning also. I didn't make it too far and the heat and humidity just zapped me. It was the first time I had walked outside since my surgery on Thursday. I just did my walking inside until then. I think my afternoon walk will have to be inside. I have one of those "Walk away the Pounds" tapes and I do what I can with that. Anyway the walking does make me feel better. The gas pains have not been very bad, but I think it is because of all of you encouraging me to get up and walk as soon and as much as possible after surgery. I was told that my surgeon does the lap-band surgery with you sitting almost upright and he is facing you as he works. This is suppose to help with some of the gas going out naturally with gravity as they remove the instruments. Every interestin concept. I know that is not how they did it on the surgery they have for you to watch on this web site. Whatever. There were 2 ladies that he did the lap-band on the same day as me, and none of us had gas pains that were very bad.

I had terrible heart burn last night. I took gas-x and it did not touch it, so I took Mylanta liquid. A couple of sips. It took care of it immediately. And I finally slept. Trying to sip on something all of the time. The doctors had decided that they think that I was not having mini seizures yesterday, but just some antisetic that was coming out. Anyway not more of my zone out times. I feel good and I am just excited that I am on my way.

Patti C.

I love this website and this thread especially. Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive. But, right now - I'm having nervous jitters. I was supposed to be banded on the 19th, but it was changed to Monday the 16th. I was so thrilled, but right now I'm having a minor anxiety attack.

I know I'm doing the right thing for me, but .....

encouring words please.

I love this website and this thread especially. Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive. But, right now - I'm having nervous jitters. I was supposed to be banded on the 19th, but it was changed to Monday the 16th. I was so thrilled, but right now I'm having a minor anxiety attack.

I know I'm doing the right thing for me, but .....

encouring words please.

MsPris, you are going to be fine, I'm excited for you, I'm 5 days post op and would do it again today, if I had to. Just think its 3 days closer to being healthy again, your going to be fine, Take care MsPris, Danny

Hey, any of you Guys NURSES out there????

I am day 3 post op and having bad diarhea!!! on all clear liquids right now.

Is it o.k. to take some Pepto bismol??? or Imodium???

Answers appreciated.

Not a nurse, but my Dr said Immodium was Okay!! I'm 5 days post op and have had it to, I have not taken anything though. Good Luck Danny

Thanks Danny;

MsPris; Congratulations on getting bumped up on your surgery. Making up my mind to have this surgery was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made... but once I made it... I just wanted it over with.. that being said I had it on Wed. so now am day#3 Post-op...

Good energy today, but I got the runs... which is kind of a drag.. I re=read my post op discharge notes from teh Doctor and THEY DID mention that some folks get diarhea... as you are only taking IN liquids, so what comes OUT is liquids too.. makes sense now that I think about it...

Oh well, a learning curve for sure, tomorrow I'll get to start Protein Shakes in the afternoon I can hardly wait for that stage...

Keep a positive mental image of how you will look and feel a year from now.... if you do that I am SURE that you will relax and realize that you made the best decsion for yourself.

Take care

MsPris, you are going to be fine, I'm excited for you, I'm 5 days post op and would do it again today, if I had to. Just think its 3 days closer to being healthy again, your going to be fine, Take care MsPris, Danny

Thanks Danny. I've thought off and on about WLS since 2003, so it's not like it's happening without my being informed. And as I said, this site is great. I'm just having a small anxiety attack, but I'm sure it will pass, they usually do.

I'm so glad you are doing well. I've got diarrhea now, before the surgery and am not sure if it's nerves or the preop diet.

Oh well, hopefully by this time next week I'll be giving someone else words of encouragement. Thanks again!

Thanks Danny;

MsPris; Congratulations on getting bumped up on your surgery. Making up my mind to have this surgery was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made... but once I made it... I just wanted it over with.. that being said I had it on Wed. so now am day#3 Post-op...

Good energy today, but I got the runs... which is kind of a drag.. I re=read my post op discharge notes from teh Doctor and THEY DID mention that some folks get diarhea... as you are only taking IN liquids, so what comes OUT is liquids too.. makes sense now that I think about it...

Oh well, a learning curve for sure, tomorrow I'll get to start Protein Shakes in the afternoon I can hardly wait for that stage...

Keep a positive mental image of how you will look and feel a year from now.... if you do that I am SURE that you will relax and realize that you made the best decsion for yourself.

Take care

Peaches9:

Thanks for your kind words to. As I posted to Danny, I'm sure it will pass. I've had other surgerys, but asked to stay awake for my back surgery in 2003 and my colonoscopy and endoscopy. I think more than anything, I'm afraid that I won't wake up from the anesthesia.

I know that may sound dumb, but I'm nervous about that more than anything. I'm just telling myself, the odds of not waking up are hopefully slim to none.

mspris/

What you are fearing about anesthesia is VERY COMMON indeed... many people have that same fear...

I don't know who you are going to have as a surg. and gas man but Perpaps there is someone else on this sight who has used the same facility and could offer you a "Good seal of approval" ya know what I mean?

My Gas guy had the personality of "paint drying on a wall" but he KNEW his job well.... when he put the IV in my arm, I didnt' feel it at all and I was asleep in seconds....

When I awoke, there was no nausea or vomiting (which I usually have after Gen. Anesth) but these guys that do bariatric surg...

they use the CADILAC of ANTI=nausea medications while you are under sedation...

All in all mine was a very possitive experience and I am sure that yours will be too.

MsPris - You can do it!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Everyday I tell myself. This is the last July 12th I will put these big pants on. This is the last July 13th I will be embarrassed to walk in Wal-Mart cause I'm so fat. This is the last July 14th I will be this fat cause

next July I will be HOT, and I do not mean hot as in it's 100 degrees outside.

Sunshinesonya and MsPris - Good luck with your upcoming surgery! You will feel sooooo much better, you will wonder why you ever worried about it! I am a nervous person and get panicy and all, but believe me, it is well worth it! I feel sooooo much better and am down 7 pounds since surgery and it is only 5 days! It will be over before you know it!

Danny, awesome weight loss! Glad you are doing so well!

Jackie506, don't let anyone pull you down! You do what is right for you and others will either accept it or move on! It has to be that way, because right now your health has to come first.

ReneeMarie, I don't know how long swelling lasts, but it is at least 5 days, lol!

nurse76, hang in there, it will get better! Need to learn how to use our new "tool!"

Laurend, welcome back! I have been looking for you! Sounds like you are doing great! Thanks for the chart!

Peaches, you have the opposite problem from me, I am using a stool softener/laxative to try to deal with my situation, lol!

Lynette, have loads of fun fishing!!!! Used to do that a lot when the girls were little. Makes for a nice evening!

Patti C, sounds like you are doing well! Keep it up!

mango, love your attitude girl.

MsPris, I had the diareah (sp)going on before surgery all weeknd long. I actually lost 4 lbs that weekend and was not on a pre op diet either. So it's probably just nerves.

dmtjet, excited to be going fishing this weekend. Remember last weekend they went and I stayed home. That's when you, Dini and I were up chatting, and I strained my port laughing. This weekend, I'll be out there with them. So excited, just getting out and getting away from the house is a new experience after banding. I have to pack my own drinks, meals, etc, but it's freeing me, getting out in all. It lets me know I can do this, and get out. It's vey different being away from home post op the first couple of times, but it gets easier, you just have to plan ahead a little.

Laurend, thanks for the sheet, only when I printed it, it came up all weird. I've been having this problem. I didn't get chimborees power point file to download either. I don't think I have that on my computer and that was why. But don't know why your came out with little squares in all the lines, no letters. Oh well.

My boys are napping now, so I guess when they get up it will be time to go. I'll be on until then. This site is sooooooo addictive. Almost better than, dare I say because poeple are on pre op around here, but better than chocolate!!!!

:)Lynette, so what are packing for yourself? We need ideas, nice you are just before me! Let me know what you like these days!!!! Are you able to stick to the 4 oz.? I love keeping tabs on you!!!!! :o