Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Frustrated, thanks for the heads up on the tea! I will look for it. Sounds like you and your man are meant to be! It is always nice to hear when things work out!

Hey yall...It's my 2nd day out and I'm feeling yucky. I'm so sore, it feels like I've been hit by a truck. I'm trying to walk around to relieve some of this gas rumbling around in my stomach. I have no appetite, I had a few sips of chicken broth and some Water. It's almost as though I'm afraid to eat. I had to sleep in the recliner last night, I just couldn't get comfortable in bed. Did any of you have to take a laxitive afterwards? I'm asking because I haven't went since the day before my surgery and I'm starting to get worried.

Felicia,

I know, you do feel like that, but it does get better each day! Hang in there!

Anyone have any good ideas for the liquid Post-op diet?????? I am tired of shakes already!!!! Anything other than shakes and Soup? ?????

Hey Felicia, Remember: Nothing in = nothing out so I wouldn't worry about that. Are you taking your medication for pain? The heating pad idea might help too. Since I'm not scheduled till next week, I don't have any first hand advice for you. Just to take it easy and be patient. Baby yourself. Have someone get you some good movies and settle in for the weekend. This too shall pass!

dmtjet, love the pic in your avatar.

Ideas for liquids, are you allowed SF pudding, popsicles, fudgepops, or yogurt yet? I've been living on these the past week and a half. As far as Soup, can you have creamed Soups? Ive been eating the cream of broccoli, and I add in some cheee for more Protein too.

On the shakes, are you mixing it up, adding in fruit like berries, bananas, mandarine oranges, or Peanut Butter (my personal favorite) I think it helps if you change up the flavor every time.

Also, I've been putting chunky soups in my magic bullet and blending them, and adding a little Water to it. It seems more filling than the broths.

Hang in there, mushys are just around the corner!!!

Felicia, It was 5 days after surgery when something actually "came out" so don't panick, let mother nature take her course!!

Hey ya'll! How's everyone doing?

Gladster, I know what you mean about the dating scene. I'm single, as well, and I really believe this surgery will help open a few more doors. I do get some attention now at my current wt, but it's certainly not like it was before I gained it. I honestly believe Mr. Right is around the corner for me. :lol: Until then, I will just continue to focus on improving me.

JDHJ861jr, you're officially on the Loser's Bench. Congratulations! Glad to know you're doing so well! Welcome back.

Dmtjet, oh my goodness. How scary was that? I certainly hope e'thing is okay. Question, have you been sleeping in a recliner? If so, you may want to stop b/c I was told (by someone at the doctor's office...)a recliner is the worst position to sleep in b/c it can help contribute to blood clots. I was going to get a recliner for my recovery, but was told not to. Apparently, the position doesn't allow for great circulation. Just a little tidbit for everyone.

Lynette and Frustrated, I pray to find that kind of relationship. Like I said before, I believe it's just around the corner.

Dini, there you are. We missed you. Tell your bro to mind his own business. You're an adult and you made this decision for you (and your daughter), not him. Tell him to get over it.

Constipation problems? From what I understand, pain meds will cause Constipation, so I wouldn't be too concerned that s'thing is really wrong. Maybe take some laxative/stool softener/prune juice and that should help.

Hello July bandsters...

I was just banded on Tuesday July, 10th...I took my first walk today and I am wiped out! My stomach is feeling better, but I have some loose stool today and that is making me feel worse. Also, I'm not loving the hard time I'm having while breathing.

I am the mom of 3 little girls. My oldest daughter is 3.25 and is named Marie, then I have twin 18 month olds, Elizabeth and Rose. I have help for this week and into next week, hopefully it will be enough.

My husband had his surgery done in April and had his first fill yesterday. He's doing very well and has lost 70ish lbs. I've lost 11lbs since Tuesday and am feeling ok.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this board. I belong to a parenting after infertility board that is much smaller...this intimidates me, but if I tend to stick to this group it should help, right?

Best wishes to all!

Rain

Hello July bandsters...

I was just banded on Tuesday July, 10th...

Rain

Welcome Rainer! Congratulations on being banded. You're officially a Lucky 7! No need to be afraid of this forum. There are a lot of great people, info, and advice on here...especially this thread (sorry...I'm a little biased, I know. :lol: )

This is an awesome group of people. Just jump right in. That is great that you've lost 11 lbs already!!! And your hubby 70ish lbs. So encouraging.

Hello all. I have just gotten home from the hospital. I was banded yesterday (7-12-07). It went amazingly well. I have been up and walking since yesterday about 2:00. My doctor requires all of his patients to stay in the hospital overnight. There were 3 of us done yesterday. We all gathered together about 7:30am this morning and we went to x-ray to have a barrium swallow test. We then went back to our rooms to wait for the doctor to come and visit us. He came about 8:30 and checked us and signed for us to go home. His nurse came and gave us paperwork on what we were to drink and eat over the next 14 days. We all have doctor appointsments with hime next Friday as a followup. We then got broth, Jello, apple juice and hot tea. Couldn't eat much, but it tasted go good to get to drink anything after 36 hours of nothing to drink. As I ate my broth, the nurse was trying to give me my last pain shot and she says I had a small seizure. Been dealing with that cause I had another one when I got home. We have talked to my doctors and we are trying to make sure all of the anathesisa is out of my system. Feel pretty good otherwize.

Patti C

Here's the most recent copy of our calendar. I hope it still prints out okay. It was looking kinda funny when I viewed it on-screen.

Phyllser, I think the UTI is starting to wear down. I've been taking my med, drinking Water and cranberry juice like crazy.

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

Jennifer, congrats on the surgery. Glad you are doing so well. I will be joining you in less than 2 weeks. I can’t believe it.:whoo:

Wagnerd, we are here to support you when others don’t understand. Unless someone is overweight or has been very overweight, it is really hard for them to understand. We just have to love them anyway.

Nurse76, I am a nurse also, working in Education/Staff development. Have 2 twentysomething yo kids, widowed for 17 years, living in Augusta, GA. Glad you are feeling so great after surgery. It’s exciting when you can eat and such a small amount satisfies. I look forward to that

Lindaa, seems like we have a good bit in common, especially jobs.

Phyl, another nurse. That should say something positive about the surgery if so many nurses are having it done. RVing sound fun. Y’all have a great trip to Canada.

Lynette, your story about how you and your husband met is so sweet. I love reading such positive relationship stories. My husband and I had that kind of relationship. He was my best friend and lover and so, so HOT.

Danny, welcome back. Glad your experience was so good. Look forward to hearing more from you. Congrats on the 14 lb weight loss.:clap2:

Becca, welcome. Jump on in and join the crowd. It is a great group:)

Wow, MrsHorne, 21 lbs! That is great.:clap2:

Forgve70x7, hope your port pain improves. It sounds like you are doing great. There are a lot of people here related to the medical profession.

Felicia, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Hope it improves soon. Just remember food in, food out. I don’t remember, were you on pre-op liquids? You may not have lot to poo to come out.

Rainer, sounds like you are doing well. How exciting to be sharing the same experience with your husband. Just don’t get upset if he loses faster. Men have a tendency to do that, all that testosterone and all. Hear that Danny.:biggrin1:

:)Lynette, No, I didn't think of some of the things you posted!!!! Thanks!!! It is just that how do you get it in? If you try to get in 4 oz. at a meal, there is no room for anything else!!!!! I will try some of these ideas though! Although I guess, it all counts as liquids, huh? IF that is so, I can have MORE!!!! Probably am thinking wrong, can't be that lucky!!! But if it is, I am definitely having the Peanut Butter next!:lol: Also, thanks for the kind words about my family!! I kinda like them too!!!! LOL You gave me the inspiration to do that one too!!!! LOL

Chimboree, yeah, but I wasn't scared! I called just to see if it was "NORMAL!" Little did I know ... I should know that nothing with me is ever NORMAL!!!! Still, does make me nervous, every pinge makes you notice and you tend to just wait to see if it passes!!!!

Oh, I don't sleep in the recliner! Have been in the bed since I came home. At least they didn't find any blood clots on the ultrasound, but they say with the pain I was having and the swelling, it could have moved!!!! I don't even want to think about that one!!!

Rainer, Welcome and Congratulations on your banding! I can't even imagine doing this surgery and being responsible for 3 little ones under the age of 4!!!!! You have to be beat!!! Although, I do envy you on your average day. There is nothing better than being with children. They are amazing!!! At least, your husband should be VERY understanding during this time in your life, lol!

Patti C., Sorry to hear about your problems! Very scary to have the unexpected things happen and especially difficult when it is out of your control! I hope you are feeling better very soon!

:)How is everyone else this evening? Any new ideas? Keep 'em coming! Oh, by the way, I was down 7 lbs. when I went to the doctor today! So at least that is some good news! ... not too bad for 4 days out!;)