Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Boy, have I missed this site! I have been trying to catch up on all the postings but it will take me a while...wow, there are some prolific writers around here. Welcome all new members, congratulations to those who have been banded, and good luck to those who will be banded this week!:)

I was at my MILs for the week, and I chose not to tell her about surgery, so she cooked everything I love and I just ate.... now tomorrow I will start a Slim Fast diet on my own ( nutricionist appt. on Tuesday) and try to stay on it for the whole week, since my DH is still at his mom- I had to get backto work but he had an extra week- and I don't have to cook for him.

I did not realized how much I needed this support until I was away. Thank you all for being here, so supportive, listening and encouraging every step of the way.

You'all rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christy and I was banded on Monday 07/02/07, everything is going great, other than a little bit of gas, I can't tell that I have had surgery. I sure wish I had found this site earlier, I have had a lot of my questions answered and it seems the support is great here.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Hello everyone!!! I was wondering my surgery date is July 19th and I was looking for suggestions on how to get ready? Any ideas, Vitamins i should be taking, exercise, etc... please I need all the info I can get to keep me busy these next 10 days! Thank you everyone!!!

Thank you guys so much for responding, you all are truely something special! I may not post a reply much but I am always checking on this website to see how everyone is doing. Thank you.

Kristin07,

For me I signed up for extra hours at work, it helped a little in making the time go by but it still seemed like an eternity. Prior to surgery I started walking, I really think it helped me, I was in and out of the hospital within 5 hours. I spent an hour in PACU, most of which I don't remember and as soon as I got back to the recovery room, I got up was able to urinate and was on my way home. I think walking help me with the quick recovery. I am now 7 days post op and I feel great. I have not really had any pain, just discomfort. So try walking, I believe it helps in the recovery period.

I still don't have a date, but I will be banded this month. I should know no later than Wednesday when my date will be. I'm excited, nervous, scared. I can't wait. You all seem like a great group and I hope we all can learn a lot from one another. I am so thankful for this board and all I've learned here already. What an incredible resource!

nurse76, sounds like we had about the same great experience with surgery, and we had it on the same day.

Kristin07, I know I have to take a Multi-Vitamin everyday now after being banded. Check with your Dr. to make sure. I just got the generic Flinstones, and I've been sharing with my son.

Start making your list for the hospital, and your grocery list. This should take some time. Maybe start sampling the Protein powders if you haven't already. Find everything you can in sugar free like puddings, Jello, etc. There's so much out there we can have post op, you don't realize it until you shop and take your time.

Welcome back cazulay. A week of no cooking for me has been great, but it came to an end today when my DH asked for biscuits and sausage gravy. I didn't mind too much because he's helped me out so much this past week after surgery, and I really don't like it all that much, so it wasn't to bad making it for him. Besides, he's been getting fast food for himself all week, and I kinda felt sorry for him!

Dini, sorry I missed you. I've been palying with Hunter a lot today. The child loves legos, and I don't think I've ever really palyed with them, and it's pretty darn fun!! Then we took a walk up to the firestation. He loves the trucks, and they let him sit in both of them that they have and the ambulance. He had a ball. Now he'll want to go everyday, and that's fine cause I plan on walking a lot.

Hope everyone had a great day. I'm turning in soon, just one more thing I want to research.

G'nite all.

Dini and chimboree, I see your names at the botton, I'll hang out and see if your still here or not.

Chimboree, got a question for you??

Hi all. Its been a great day here in Oklahoma. I have had a day just for me! Went to Sam's and picked up my fav berry blend and some yogurt. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Does any body know if it is ok to put berrys in my protien shakes? Or how many carbs are allowed?

as for the question about clothes in an earlier post.. I want to wear a leather jacket and chaps that are made for women... straight off the rack!

as for what I'm thankful for... A loving God who helps me make it through each day. 3 healthy bueatiful kids. A husband that hugged me today and said he loves me no matter what size I am! Family and friends that are always there for me, even when they know I'm messing up.

Best wishs for all of you! Have a great week!

Renee

Hey, Renee,

We just left Oklahoma after 15 years there. We were in OKC & Edmond. Now in the Pacific NW because three of our kids are on the west coast... one left in OK.

I enjoyed your post.

Hi Everyone. Just logged on... what's the question of the day?

I've finished cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and boxing everything away. Now my brother and DH can start ripping out the cabinets tomorrow. Oh my God!!! I'm going to be without a kitchen for 2+ weeks!!!! Am I crazy. I'll be starting my pre-op diet on Thurs. so won't have to worry too much about food for myself, but my kids need to eat. I guess there's always takeout.

I just finished a week of vacation so back to work tomorrow. I got to golf 3 times this week... which is more than I ever have in such a short time. We love this game... not very good at it, but its fun.

Dini and chimboree, I see your names at the botton, I'll hang out and see if your still here or not.

Chimboree, got a question for you??

Hey Lynette! I'm here. Just catching up.

Hey lady, I saw you posting on the bodybugg, and I couldn't remember where I saw it at today, but I just found it. Pretty cool huh, just don't know if i want to spend that money on one yet.

How ya feeling???