Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

:whoo: HAPPY JULY EVERYONE :whoo:

Lynette, R U getting excited!!

I want to personaly wish you the best possable expierence ever, it has been a pleasure reading your posts, I'm just 1 day after U and I can hardly wait! :clap2:

Someone wrote recently that they never felt as big as they really are. I've had the same problem. I call it Reverse Body Dismorphic Disorder! (My own coined prase mind you). I swear I'll put something on and even look in the mirror and think I look good...or even HOT...and then see a picture of me and I feel disgusted! It wasn't until last month (May) that I was sitting on my bed, putting socks on in my underwear, when I looked into the LARGE MIRRORED DOORS of my closet (new house, haven't changed that unseamly decorating error yet) and noticed that I actually DID look 260 lbs! I was sad, angry, irritated, frustrated...and felt this way for a couple of days until I looked at my husband and said, "it's time for me to have the surgery"....he, as he should, said, "I support you in any decision you need to make to make you happy and healthy." So here I am....10 days to go! YIKES!

I liked this. I've felt exactly the same way. But my weight has been responsible for other health issues - PCOS, insulin resistance, pain in my right knee from having to carry all this extra weight. The list is slowly, but surely, increasing and I know that my weight is the major culprit with all of these issues. Eliminate the culprit, eliminate or significantly reduce the problems.

I'm sooooo fortunate to have a wonderfully supportive husband. I know he loves me no matter what the packaging looks like, but I don't love me right now. And that's very important. He's encouraged me towards getting the surgery as he's seen me struggle with each and almost every diet in the world to try to get this weight off permanently. I've been successful in a number of diets getting it down, but keeping it down is a whole different ballgame. It's like my body awakens to the fact that something is depleting it of it's fat deposits and goes to work to counter those measures. A diet that worked wonders for a couple of months or so will, for no reason, start to work against me.

I have another goal to add to my list. I want to weigh less than my husband. He's 5'9 and currently weighs 163. He struggles to keep weight on and we've been battling our respective weight issues for the past 4 years. He's trying to go up to 180 and stay there, I've been trying to get down to (at least) 180. We've both come within 5lbs of our goal but suffered setbacks. If we could switch problems back and forth, it would have solved so many issues. :D

On July 9 (his birthday), we get to Celebrate by being at the hospital at 7:30am for bloodwork, X ray, EKG, and upper GI tests. Then we'll pop over to the Dr's office for one last test (forgotten what that is). I don't know as yet whether or not I'll be required to do a pre-op diet. As a diet veteran, I'm not overly concerned either way. I am sooooooooo tired of not being in control of my weight. I can control my intake of food and exercise efficiently, I just need for my body to get with the program!

At first I wished my surgery were scheduled for earlier in the month, but I'm actually looking forward to reading all of your experiences before it's my turn on the table.

Lucky 7's start today. Go us!! :whoo:

Dover, Bobberts Mom, and dmtjet, thanks so much for Good Luck wishes.:D

It means a lot to me, and I'll let you know how everythign goes as soon as I can.

Mommiranda and only4me, welcome to the best thread ever for your lap band support. I'm so glad to be getting banded with all the other Lucky 7's this month, and our two Junies, Dini and Breadlady. We stole them away from the June group, and we told them we're not giving them back!!:heh:

I'm heading out for a while to do my shopping. I think I need a little alone time, so I'm leaving the family at home today. Doesn't happen often, but today, I just need it.:think

good luck to all who are going in this week for the band! I look so forward to hearing about your experiences as I only have a week to go ( and nervous).

Thanks tracy, I'm trying to keep myself together until the surgery date.

If you bump it, they will come. lol!

evilah

My prayer for all who will be banded July 2nd and beyond!

Precious Lord please guide the physicians who will be administering our surgical procedure the steady hand and mind set to safely get us through. Lord please bless us to prepare mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically for a new outlook on life. God grant us the sincerity to commit in making the necessary changes to make this procedure a success. Pull us from the depths of depression, insecurity, guilt and all else that has lead to a life of obesity. As we humbly bow before you Lord, love us, lead us, protect us and forgive us of all our many sins.

Thank you God for your precious Son who died on the cross. Thank you for the opportunity to be with you some day in heaven for ever and ever. Thank you for this day! Please be with us as we press forward to re-building our lives. I ask all these things according to your good will in the name of your one and only Son Jesus Christ!

Let all those who love you say..AMEN!

In Him,

bfyneNtyme

Hey, Good Luck to all of you with your big day tomorrow and this coming week! I can only imagine how excited and a little scared you must be right now. I know it will be fine and you will all be on your way to our new lives. Let us know how it all goes and give up any pointers you might come up with. Praying for you all. Actually I am praying for us all. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Patti C

Hi and Welcome Only4me and Mommiranda.

BeefyIrish welcome to you also, what part of you is irish? i myslef live in dublin so i love to hear from folks with some irish in them!! great to get the odd man in here.

Marcyinak I love the sound of been described a cheerleader. all i need is a pair of pom poms and i'll be set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronik i'm honestly lost with the bible stuff?

Has anyone heard from Chimboree? where are you Chimboree ? hope your well?

Lynette my little sausage tomorrow is your day along with BefyIrish and Bfynentyme, i'll be thinking of you guys.

Sunny how you doing?

Who's doing the calendar? can we get an update if you dont mind?

Laurened hows's our BMI / weight loss chart going ??

Dini : you were talking about what people call their periods and my husband calls it "as women are" because that's what it's called in the Bible--that's all.

Does anyone know what page the calendar is on? I've looked a bit for it but I can't find it.

Hello all,

Just so everyone knows, Laurend is doing the stat chart with your weight, height and BMI. I've had a few people PM me with it. Please send it to Laurend instead.:D

Patti, James, and Dini, thanks fof thinking of us and wishing us well.

Dini and Breadlady, save a seat on the loser's bench for me because I here I come!!!:whoo:For the first time ever, I'll be proud to be a LOSER!!

Hello everyone!

I have enjoyed reading some of your posts but since I just found this board I have been reading an hour or so and I am only through page 10 or so! I wish I had looked for it sooner.

Good luck to those of you getting banded in July! I can't wait!

My surgery date is July 10. I am a self pay and am going to Mexico to be banded by Dr. Rumbaut. Anyone else? My mother and my older sister are also going to be banded that day! We are all so excited. There are of course other feeling like doubt and anxiety but most of all excited.

I, like others, am worried about this working since I have tried so many things already and nothing has worked before but reading the successes of others has really been inspirational for me. I am determined to work with my band and get to a healthy weight.

I do have the last supper syndrome, I have been eating everything I shouldn't once I have the band. I start my 5 day liquid diet July 5. I am not looking forward to it but I am going to do it!

I am happy to be a Lucky 7!

Rebecca

278/278/150