Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your opinion of these Celebrate Vitamins (capsules)?

I haven't had my gastric bypass surgery yet but I'm trying to research and get everything I'll need ahead of time. I think I have most everything except Vitamins and I can't decide which ones to get. I'm considering these capsules because I've never been fond of chewable anything. I would appreciate your thoughts - what's your opinion of these vitamins? (I do realize I'll need calcium citrate in addition to these vitamins.) Will I be able to absorb sufficiently from capsule form? Will these satisfy my basic nutritional requirements? They're the same price as the Celebrate chewables, and I really think I would prefer these over the chewables.

CELEBRATE BARIATRIC Multivitamin CAPSULES

Developed specifically for surgical weight loss patients, Celebrate bariatric multivitamin provides the most thorough blend of vitamins and minerals available. Our integrated formula provides maximum bioavailability as we have carefully selected each Vitamin and mineral level and form to enhance interaction and absorption. Our daily dosage is made up of three easy to swallow capsules, which will dissolve quickly and do not contain any ingredients that may upset your pouch.

Multivitamin%20Caps.jpg

I wouldn't buy bariatric Vitamins ahead of time. Each surgeon seems to require something different. My surgeon requires ProCare Bariatric One-A-Day. This requirement was given a week before surgery, so I'm glad I didn't go out and buy various separate vitamins on my own. It would have been a big waste of money. I did take another posters suggestion and asked for free samples from wellesse.com. You get about five bottles of liquid samples and I am actually buying their calcium citrate + D today. It is the only other Vitamin besides the ProCare One-A-Day that I need in order to get in all my vitamin requirements.

One more thing, the Celebrate Vitamin you listed seems to be missing Iron.< /p>

I tried Celebrate Vitamins and the calcium citrate chews in the pas but have switched, with my doctor's permission to Centrium chewable multi Vitamin and a calcium citrate capsule that I found at Vitamin Shoppe. I couldn't be happier with the taste of the multi and the price of the Calcium. Added bonus, I can just run to the store to get either, I don't need to order.

My doctor's WLS booket states,(Important: All supplements should be in chewable or liquid form for 3 to 6 months after surgery). I would suggest also to get your doctor's guidance before you buy anything.

Edited by merkman

I'm going to use Celebrate chewables. You just need to make sure you take a separate Iron pill two hours away from your calcium citrate :)

Missing vital nutrients can lead to critical long term complications. It's not only important to take a bariatric supplement in the beginning, you really need them for life. This is a small sacrifice to make for your health :)

One more thing, the Celebrate Vitamin you listed seems to be missing Iron.

Thank you for catching that! I posted the info on the wrong formula - I intended to show the info for the same formula with Iron.< /p>

I wouldn't buy bariatric Vitamins ahead of time. Each surgeon seems to require something different. My surgeon requires ProCare Bariatric One-A-Day. This requirement was given a week before surgery, so I'm glad I didn't go out and buy various separate Vitamins on my own. It would have been a big waste of money. I did take another posters suggestion and asked for free samples from wellesse.com. You get about five bottles of liquid samples and I am actually buying their calcium citrate + D today. It is the only other Vitamin besides the ProCare One-A-Day that I need in order to get in all my Vitamin requirements.

The Pro-Care One-A-Day sounded interesting so I looked it up.

It doesn't seem to contain any Vitamin K. Will we not need Vitamin K after surgery?

You make an excellent point about waiting to buy. I'll just use this time to learn about my future needs so I can make an informed choice when the time comes.

Rocky1, I did consider using a multiviitamin crystal or powder. It's just that I'm already going to be adding so many different supplements to my drinks (Protein, Upcal D, and fiber) that I would like to avoid having to add another. My plan is to use a chewable multivitamin and Calcium for the first few weeks after surgery and then switch to capsule/pill form once I'm able.

Edited by Okiebon

Are there any good tasting chewable vitamins? The d are so good so why can't they do same with the multis?

my local Vitamin shoppe actually had samples of the twinlab bariatric essentials products, and they were on my surgeons list so I went with the bariatric essentials, B12 dots, calcium citrate wafers and the twinlab bariatric essentials chewable bariatric multi Vitamins.

What's weird is the bariatric essentials chocolate powder is one of the best tasting powders ive had and trust me ive tried A LOT , I do video taste tests on my blog and ive done many. right now im testing the Syntrax Nectars flavors right now, so many I have to test.

My doctor recommends the Celebrate Vitamins. I have to take the chewable for six weeks, but then I can switch to the capsules. I'll be taking the chewable Multi-Complete, the Calcium Plus 500 and the B-12 Sub-lingual Quick Melt. Pre-op, I'm using Centrum Adult and Citracal calcium (1200mg calcium plus D) also on my doctors recommendations.

I use Celebrate calcium chews. I really like them. I also spent $3 and got their sample pack. I intend to investigate and hopefully get all my Vitamins there for simplicity.

They do auto ship