Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 18th 2014 Surgery Date

Happyfun214 pls share I wanted to start packing my bag for the hospital as soon as next wk. thx

I am also a December Sleever! Starting my pre op on Monday.

My work sells Core Power lite Protein drinks and I tried both the chocolate the the strawberry banana and both were really great.

I have an Amazon order on it's way but won't arrive until Tuesday! LOL at me for late order. It is the light Carnation instant breakfasts.

It is the 3 oz Protein and veggie meal that actually has me the most worried!

Is fruit yogurt OK? Like carbmaster brand?

Howdy, I'm a 12/18 sleever as well--started my 2 week pre-op diet today. I have my pre-op appointment on 12/8. Nervous but super excited as well!

I'm scheduled for 12/17/14. That's less than two weeks away and I'm super jazzed but also suffering from a little bit of mental whiplash because I just found out my date two days ago and it feels like there's zero time until surgery.

I would join the December Facebook group but I don't have (or want) facebook. Is there a thread around here specifically for those of us with dates in December?

I started my pre-op diet yesterday. My doctor's office uses Bariatric Advantage brand products. So far I have not liked the orange cream Protein shake (am considering turning it into an ice pop) and the Soup was really hard to get down. But on the plus side I am not feeling hungry at all so I'm thankful for that. Excited to see how much I lose pre-surgery. Am wondering if my 55+ lb losing streak will cause me to lose less over the pre-op diet. I know some people lose a lot during this time.

I am planning to go to the gym nearly every day leading up to surgery as long as my energy is good. The past two months I've been at the gym/done something physical almost every day, so I don't want to stop now, especially since it will be several weeks or more after surgery before I can go back. I want to make every second count!

I am planning to bring: gas x dissolving strips, vaseline lip therapy, a robe, house shoes, phone/charger/kindle, my book club read for January, pillow (maybe), and other than that I am not sure! I considered my laptop and charger actually, but if I'm only in there for one night (as my doctor suggested might be the case) I am not sure it would be worth it to lug that thing around. (I don't have a tablet because I found I never used it so I sold mine.)

Good luck to everyone!

I'm also scheduled for 12/18. I'm struggling with preop liquid diet. I've done a liquid diet before but I was able to have 1 meal a day. Lost 50lbs over 6 months as a result. I'm going to try increasing my Protein without going over 100g.

Justdream- what part of Durham do you live in? I used to live in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Durham.

Greeneyes604- I'm interested in the Facebook group as well. I'll send you my email address.

December 18th here!

I don't text or Facebook tho, so I'll just post here. ;)

The time is FLYING now - seems like just last week I started thinking about doing this whole thing!

Been researching my pre op diet today and making meal plans. My husband is joining me on it to be supportive and also to lose some weight too. :) So we start it next Friday (doc only wants a 7 day pre op diet) and I think it isn't going to be as bad as I thought since I get to have some "real" food in there.

I can have three Protein (powder in water) drinks a day, and two meals consisting of 5 oz. of a meat or eggs, and 1 cup cooked (or 2 cups raw) of a list of approved veggies. No dairy, no breads, no fruit, no Pasta or carbs of any kind. And no alcohol either! ;)

Oh, and I'm allowed either a sugar free popsicles or Jello cups as Snacks.

So I'm using the last of the thanksgiving turkey to make a broth to use for post op diet, I have a few ideas for my pre op diet and heading out to the story tomorrow to do the shopping.

I have to track down some threads on things to take with to the hospital, but I'm only there one day (hopefully).

So is everyone more excited than scared at this point? The more I read, the better I'm feeling about this decision and I'm really looking forward to getting control of food for the first time in like EVER instead of it controlling me! :D

Did I miss the link for a FB group?

Day 2 post op. How's everyone doing???