Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kind of Disgusting - - Sorry

This is kind of disgusting but how important is regularity? And how often? I'm finding real problems in this area and not quite sure what to do about it. This this why I'm not loosing any weight?

Depends on what you call regular. Remember, with less intake you are going to have less output with less frequency, at least until your new eating habits have established themselves and stabilized. Where once a day may have been your norm your new "norm" may be once every two or three days. As long as you are not constipated and/or experiencing undue difficulty you should be OK.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, exercise per MD instructions, and get as much roughage in your diet as you reasonably can (with Protein a priority of course). I like Fiber 1 Cereal and 3 - 5 prunes (chewed very thoroughly) a day myself. I take a half cup of Fiber 1 with a Protein shake poured over it like I used to use milk 30 - 45 minutes after my morning workout and have the prunes as a night time snack. Any other veggies or roughage I can get in after the Protein is bonus.

Works for me, your mileage may vary. I'm sure others will soon share what works for them, or doesn't as te case may be.

Hiya Ginger, sorry you're having problems with Constipation. This seems to be a purveyant problem with Bandsters. Do a Search for threads with constipation in the title, you'll find lots more about this subject, hope this helps!

Try the new stuff you mix in Water or food or drink. Its completely tasteless, colorless, odorless and no texture. It's like it's not there. As usual my sometimer's is kicking in and I can't remember the name of it. I too have the same problem but with this stuff it keeps you regular.

Benefiber is one of the ones that you mix in.. you can mix it in Water even and not taste it. But, is it that you are 'backed up', or are things just slower than they used to be?

Benefiber!!!! I just bought it for the first time a few days ago. I bought the itty bitty size because I was sure it was going to be gross. Amazingly, it isn't! It really doesn't have a taste. If you mix it in Water, shake/stir, within less than a minute you can't tell it is in there. I put it in my Protein shakes and bottled Water. I drink the stuff all day long.

According to Dr. C it can take a month to get things back into a routine again but it will happen.

AVOID METAMUCIL!!!

I put a scoop of Garden of Life's "Perfect Food" in my Protein shake every day. Granted, I haven't been banded yet, so I don't know how it's going to work after surgery, but I've been taking it for a long time and it's always had a postivie effect on my digestive system. Plus it's organic and full of very good things that your body needs (especially on a compromised diet).

Good luck.

Thanks all, I have tried the Benefiber, but have to admit I only did it once or twice a day and wasn't real religious about adding it to my Water. I'm drinking lots of water/fluids so I may need to increase the fiber -- it's getting tough, I'm struggling getting in Protein, fiber, fruit, veggies - If I eat protein first, I can't eat the other stuff. I'm getting really discouraged.

I use Fibersure twice a day. I mix it in with my scrambled egg and cheese for Breakfast and in my yogurt for my evening snack. I have had chronic Constipation for years. My lapband doc said to try this and I have been regular ever since. I used to have to take several stool softener pills every night. I haven't taken once since finding out about Fibersure. I highly recommend it. And being regular now is once every two or three days for me.

I was getting really constipatied there for a while. And what was coming out was small and round, and green (ewww, sorry for the visual). I couldnt figure out what was wrong. I was getting fiber and and lots of Water. I finally discoverd it was the Flinstones complete chewables.The Iron in them can cause Constipation and green stools. Once i cut those out my BM's have gotten better. Also bananas seem to help too!

Thank you - - you seem to be doing really well with your weight loss. Do you mind sharing what your daily meals consist of? I'm trying to figure out why I'm not loosing any weight. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you! Im really trying. I have to admit I have my days sometimes weeks. Usually right before my period starts I lose my will power! However when Im doing what Im suppose to heres what my daily meals are like. 2 eggs in the morning, here lately Ive been doing toast with a dab of Peanut Butter on it. (Bread still doesnt bother me.) A healthy choice meal for lunch. Usually a banana for a snack. And than supper depends. Sometimes I eat what everyone else does. Sometimes Ill have grilled chicken with vegies or something. Mostly I just really watch my portions at dinner though if Im going to eat what everyone else does. Sometimes I'll have popcorn (smart pop, kettle corn) for a snack. I get the 100 calorie bags and that really does satisfy me. Most importantly though is that ive become active again. Before I put on my weight I use to walk alot. But than when i started gaining it hurt my back just to walk a block. Now Im happy to say that Im back to walking again I try to go every other day for at least a mile or two. My advice for walking Is ( if you have to do by yourself--which I do when my daughters at school) to get a MP3 player or something so that you can listen to tunes as you walk. It makes the biggest difference! The miles fly by...lol!

HOpe this helps, sorry I know you werent expecting a book!:( Let me know if you have any other questions.

When were you banded?