Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

@@laurenella82 I also love the Atkins ones and drink them when I'm in the mood for something coffee flavored. I was wondering about after surgery because they are really low in sugar and don't have very many carbs. I'm going to check with my doctor because I don't mind the Protein Shakes at all but I tend to get bored with the same flavors. If you don't like the taste I recommend looking into clear whey Protein Powder and making your own shakes. Just suggestion. I have done a few and they are not bad at all.

Edited by Veronica Page

@@laurenella82 I also love the Atkins ones and drink them when I'm in the mood for something coffee flavored. I was wondering about after surgery because they are really low in sugar and don't have very many carbs. I'm going to check with my doctor because I don't mind the Protein Shakes at all but I tend to get bored with the same flavors. If you don't like the taste I recommend looking into clear whey Protein powder and making your own shakes. Just suggestion. I have done a few and they are not bad at all.

If there is caffeine in them they may be a no go right after surgery. I saw another post where someone mentioned they could finally have caffeine and that person was 11 or 12 months out.

i spoke to many bariatric doctors and they all have a different opinion about the caffeine take of things. My doctor doesn't mind caffeine along with the doctor i was going to use here in Colorado but I hear a lot of doctors say caffeine is a no no. So what do you do?

I feel like, for myself, some caffeine in moderation is ok. My doctor recommends no caffeine, but others are okay with it. It then becomes a personal decision about what is best for you.

So the reason people recommend no caffeine is because it is a stimulant and can cause dehydration and the stimulant portion can cause hunger. My doctor said wait 2 weeks so see if your Water intake is good and if so then slowly add some caffeine products in moderation. I'm just going to go with that!

Hey everyone!! December 1st is just around the corner and that means we are all getting CLOSE to surgery! This is mostly exciting - with a few nerves mixed in! I start my liquid pre op on dec 19th ( surgery jan 9th.) but getting serious about my Water intake and Adkins diet starting Monday the 1st. Anyone want to join me and get some encouragement/accountability going?

Support is going to be SO vital from here on out. It's getting real...

Hey everyone!! December 1st is just around the corner and that means we are all getting CLOSE to surgery! This is mostly exciting - with a few nerves mixed in! I start my liquid pre op on dec 19th ( surgery jan 9th.) but getting serious about my Water intake and Adkins diet starting Monday the 1st. Anyone want to join me and get some encouragement/accountability going?

T-37 days for me!! I can't wait I am getting nervous reading how painful it's been for some but I am staying grounded and keep telling myself everyone is different and what will be will be!

I'm nervous myself. Jan 5th is now even closer now that thanksgiving is over.

I'm going to do the 30 day-a gallon a day challenge. Drink a gallon a Water a day. I'm starting Monday! So I'm in on really getting down to business with this.

If anyone wants to keep in touch on fb (I'm on there more than here) PM me.

I need as much support as I can get!!

Katie :)

I'm getting sleeved January 15th! Excited and super nervous! Been wanting this for a very long time. Best of luck to everyone!

yeah!!!! Congrats! Can't wait. Will be here before we know it!!

I started a new thread in "January 2015 sleevers!"

Just to get us all together!

I'm staying with this one too :)

Can't wait for all of us!!

Hey Girl i was just going to let you know i started the pre-op diet early i have been 3 Protein Shakes a day plus one small lean Protein meal a day between 500-700 cals a day and i have lost 8lbs!!! and it hasn't been as hard as i thought..

January 9th is my date, start my liquid diet on the 1st. cant wait to get this done.

49 years old and want to feel young again. Sick of the yoyo weight loss.

Dr Thomas Jones. Methodist Hospital St.Louis Park Minnesota.

I have to do a 30 day pre op diet but only two weeks have to contain liquids only. So the 16th I will be on 4 shakes a day and no carbs expect what the shakes contain which is practically nothing. Until then I thought I would slowly cut out the carbs now and not have any flour or products that have any unnatural sugar added. It is a small step but they are my weaknesses and it is better for me to deal with them now instead of when I really need to focus on eating right for my diet. it is getting real close and CAN'T WAIT! Grateful for each and everyone of you here!