Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

I'm in sacramento area. You?

My date is Jan 13th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz! Just bought my tickets tonight!!!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!(HUGE GIRL SQUEAL). Soooo EXCITED!!

I started the Atkins diet about a week ago and I start the Protein Shake and green leafy veggies DEc 5th!! Have you started when? Do you have ur flight yet? Do you have a Facebook? Are you going alone?

Im not allowed to gain ( lost 7lbs since booking surgery!) and start protein/greens on dec 19th! Haven't booked flights yet. Will next week. Hubby is coming with me! :)

Edited by mduffield

My date is Jan 13th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz! Just bought my tickets tonight!!!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!(HUGE GIRL SQUEAL). Soooo EXCITED!!

Yay!! Congrats! I leave for home the 12th ( jan 9th surgery @ OCC) wish you all the best!! :)

That's cool... My mom is coming with me.. I'm excited did u but the the Protein and Vitamins from them?

I just set my surgery date with OCC also. Jan 7th. Starting Atkins tomorrow. I'm scared about the required weight loss. I've been stable for the past 3 months but the moment I read the word "diet" in the paperwork from the nutritionist I swear I gained 5 pounds. I've done Atkins I the past and did not have much weight loss over 6 months. At the end of it my body was shutting down from malnourishment, and that's with taking supplements.< /p>

I just bought my ticket tonight for my mexico January 12th surgery. I have to go it alone since I don't have family and my husband is staying home with my lil ones. I'm kinda scared but think I can completely handle it on my own. Not everyone is going to have a support system.

@@Veronica Page I am going alone, too! I think I will be fine. I mean, it would be nice to have someone...but oh well :) I travel alone a lot and do well, plus all I have to worry about is moi. I am going to make sure I pack as light as possible, though. I don't want to worry about lugging stuff around that I didn't need to bring in the first place!

That's cool... My mom is coming with me.. I'm excited did u but the the Protein and Vitamins from them?

No, I learned the guidelines, what's needed and doing my own. So spendy from them!

I just set my surgery date with OCC also. Jan 7th. Starting Atkins tomorrow. I'm scared about the required weight loss. I've been stable for the past 3 months but the moment I read the word "diet" in the paperwork from the nutritionist I swear I gained 5 pounds. I've done Atkins I the past and did not have much weight loss over 6 months. At the end of it my body was shutting down from malnourishment, and that's with taking supplements.< /p>

Don't stress!!! It's the worst for weightloss. Follow the plan, it works! I haven't talked to one person who hasn't had success with it. Even if your loss is slow during Adkins phase the liquid phase will have the weight coming off! Your gonna do great! Trust the process and go for it!

I'm praying for a date in January with Dr. K. Vaziri at George Washington Univ. hospital in DC ????????????

@@shizwiz I'm glad that I now know there are others who are going it alone. My only worry is coming back home and not knowing if I will be able to carry anything so I decided I too will bring the smallest amount of stuff I will possible need. I tend to overpack but i think two sweat pant outfits and undergarments is all i'll really need since I will be in a the hospital most of the time! I also decided to put off losing weight until Dec 1st. I think I was having last meal issues and with the holidays and kids off I know ill just eat and forget so better to start fresh and focus for an entire month!

@@Veronica Page I think we will be just fine :) I'm bringing face powder, mascara, and a few outfits and PJs and a robe. I tend to overpaid, so I will reeeally have to work on that. I went to NYC this summer and brought a fan. For my hotel room. Who does that?! Hee hee

Yeah, I have been yoyo-ing between eating healthy and experiencing Last Supper Sydrome, so I plan on full speed ahead after turkey day. I will probably have a few Last Hoorahs over Christmas and New Years...but other than holidays, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!

I meant overpack not overpaid in my comment above. For some reason I cannot edit that. Shoot, I wish I was overpaid though!!! :D