Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories are you all averaging now? I may not be getting enough in and could be why I'm stalling.

Edited by AuriP

I average between 600 to 800 cal.

Auri as counterintuitive as it is more calories definitely get me ramped up. It's so hard to get there but 800 cals a day is my sweet spot. I don't stall. Unfortunately I struggle to get there often.

Good morning all. I haven't been on here much this last month have had a lot going on in my life. A dear friend fell I'll and ended up in ICU with an infection in his heart. Theres been a lot of stress and I have found that I put my own health and weight loss on the back burner.

Needless to say, weight loss is non existent and I'm depressed as hell. Trying to find myself again and get back on track.

I'll be reading and catching up with all of you over the next couple of days. I really want you to know how much I've missed my weight loss family.

I am feeling hunger these days. I know my nutritionist says that if I eat tiny bites and chew everything to death for 25 minutes this should equal and hour per 5 minutes of eating that I won't feel hunger. By this method this morning (20 minutes of eating = 4 hours) my chickpeas, red bell peppers and 1/4 of banana should give me 4 hours of not feeling hunger. Well, it's only 10:30 AM and less then two hours since Breakfast and I could eat a cow. I am having some hot tea, which saves me because it feels like I'm full. But I could chew on something right now. It's going to be a long morning until 12:00 noon and the earliest I will allow myself to eat lunch. I am hungry!

Last night I ate a tiny slice of orange, maybe a 1/8 of an orange, with my dinner. I think I didn't chew it well enough because I was so sick. I think it got stuck. Note to self: oranges=death.

Lost 1 pound this past week. Oh well, at least I'm moving in the right direction.

I am feeling hunger these days. I know my nutritionist says that if I eat tiny bites and chew everything to death for 25 minutes this should equal and hour per 5 minutes of eating that I won't feel hunger. By this method this morning (20 minutes of eating = 4 hours) my chickpeas, red bell peppers and 1/4 of banana should give me 4 hours of not feeling hunger. Well, it's only 10:30 AM and less then two hours since Breakfast and I could eat a cow. I am having some hot tea, which saves me because it feels like I'm full. But I could chew on something right now. It's going to be a long morning until 12:00 noon and the earliest I will allow myself to eat lunch. I am hungry!

Last night I ate a tiny slice of orange, maybe a 1/8 of an orange, with my dinner. I think I didn't chew it well enough because I was so sick. I think it got stuck. Note to self: oranges=death.

Lost 1 pound this past week. Oh well, at least I'm moving in the right direction.

This works if you are eating Protein, each meal should be at least %50 Protein. Also breakfast being protein is the most important.

I also am hungry a lot. I have been eating wheat thins for a snack and I think that may be sabotaging me. Now I am craving them. Have been stuck at 141 for a couple of weeks. Any suggestions?

I feel like each week I have something new that I am snacking on or craving that is holding me back in old habits. the past few weeks it has been Sugar Free chocolate and a table spoon of Peanut Butter, or just Peanut Butter on my finger or spoon....... Last month it was Fiber one brownies. before that it was 1/4 a tortilla. I always get in my 80-100g Protein but I still crave and often eat the things that I know are not helpful to my body. I know they are small amounts and "not that bad" but once a week is good, not EVERYDAY. I need to get balance with these things and let myself have and enjoy some but not every day.

I've been averaging between 550-824 calories a day. Last week< I lost 7 lbs. I increase my Protein, and my exercise. I started swimming. I'm not having too many carbs.

Hope ALL of you are doing well... I am soooo ready for SPRING!

I have actually averages about 1200 calories per day for the past month. I have, from the beginning, tried to avoid comparing myself with others because I seem to require more. It may be because I'm very active. But even at this many calories, and getting all my Protein and Fiber in, I've had to worry about losing hair and etc.

Plus, I really think my surgeon made my pouch a little bigger, maybe because I was already at 235 pounds (down from 303) on the day of the surgery. I don't now. It just seemed like from the beginning I had control, but not the "2 Tbsp and I'm full" full people described. I also haven't had an adverse reactions to anything I've eaten except heavily fried foods.

As long as I feel healthy and losing 1-2 pounds a week, I'm trying not to stress about my "overeating" at 1200 calories, but when folks post things like "800 calories," I really wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Peace,

Glenda

I have actually averages about 1200 calories per day for the past month. I have, from the beginning, tried to avoid comparing myself with others because I seem to require more. It may be because I'm very active. But even at this many calories, and getting all my Protein and Fiber in, I've had to worry about losing hair and etc.

Plus, I really think my surgeon made my pouch a little bigger, maybe because I was already at 235 pounds (down from 303) on the day of the surgery. I don't now. It just seemed like from the beginning I had control, but not the "2 Tbsp and I'm full" full people described. I also haven't had an adverse reactions to anything I've eaten except heavily fried foods.

As long as I feel healthy and losing 1-2 pounds a week, I'm trying not to stress about my "overeating" at 1200 calories, but when folks post things like "800 calories," I really wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Peace,

Glenda

I'm supposed to be getting 1200 cals a day so no I don't think you are doing it wrong. I'm very active and work out hardcore so I actually do myself a disservice by not getting more. I just don't get there. As far as not having trouble eating or thinking the dr made your pouch bigger - I think you're just one of the lucky ones that have an easier time ???? I'd Celebrate that!

I'm thinking I need to up it more, I'm supposed to be getting 700 calories and I make that yet I'm still at a stall, or severe slow down as its been 2 months and I've lost 6 or so lbs total.

Finally hit 199 today! Man does that feel awesome.

. As far as not having trouble eating or thinking the dr made your pouch bigger - I think you're just one of the lucky ones that have an easier time I'd Celebrate that!

Thanks for the reminder!

Peace,
Glenda

Finally hit 199 today! Man does that feel awesome.

Yay! Keep up the great work and welcome to Onderland.