Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awaiting ins approval...

So I got my surgery date!!! October 29th!!! Way sooner than I had expected! I start my 9 day pre op liquid diet on the 20th and pre op class and appt on the 23rd!!! Sooo excited but nervous too!!!!

Congrats in your date. Any out of pocket expense?

@@bridget1015 Congrats, I am envious. My records got submitted to insurance yesterday so I am trying to be patient and play the waiting game. It's not easy when you have been working so long to get to this point and to know that it may have all been for nothing, you are at the mercy of the insurance company. Oh well, keeping good vibes going.

OMG right after I posted this the Dr. office called and I was approved!! December 2nd is my day!! I have an appt. for my endoscopy at the end of this month and one class and some labs and my pre-op physical in November and then my 2 week liquid diet starts Nov 18th and I am on my way to the losers bench! So excited!! I hope everyone else gets approved this fast, I am blown away!

Wow that was fast. What ins. do you have?

@@Ladiec2 I have BCBS Iowa. I was shocked it was so quick, but thrilled! I have a sense of peace now that I know my timeline.

I received a call yesterday (10/14) from my clinic with the great news - I have been approved for gastric sleeve. I started this process in mid-Feb 2014. To say the least, I was completely relieved and extremely happy to have BCBS of MN approve me.

I meet with my surgeon on Monday 10/20 and will get my surgery date at that time. I meet with my NUT on Tuesday 10/21 to review my pre- and post-op diet plans. All that's left then is my pre-op physical and blood work.

Can't wait to get my surgery date. Then everything can fall into place with my medical leave paperwork, cleaning out my cupboards, shopping for the new me, making homemade broth, etc. I am pumped!

My husband is going to do the 10-day pre-op diet with me for support. I'll give him about 2-3 days before he caves. I love him for offering.

So happy!!

I received a call yesterday (10/14) from my clinic with the great news - I have been approved for gastric sleeve. I started this process in mid-Feb 2014. To say the least, I was completely relieved and extremely happy to have BCBS of MN approve me.

I meet with my surgeon on Monday 10/20 and will get my surgery date at that time. I meet with my NUT on Tuesday 10/21 to review my pre- and post-op diet plans. All that's left then is my pre-op physical and blood work.

Can't wait to get my surgery date. Then everything can fall into place with my medical leave paperwork, cleaning out my cupboards, shopping for the new me, making homemade broth, etc. I am pumped!

My husband is going to do the 10-day pre-op diet with me for support. I'll give him about 2-3 days before he caves. I love him for offering.

So happy!!

I finally got my approval yesterday!!! I think i'm going to do it Nov 17th. I'm a hairdresser, so i'm trying to see what's best for my schedule, and also my husband's. He'll have to take vacation time to help me with my 2 kids. I'm excited, nervous, apprehensive and ready all in one. Very strange! Anyone else having these feelings? I just hope it's not a decision i'll regret for the rest of my life.

I finished all my pre-op requirements today. Assuming I pass the psych eval, paperwork should be submitted to my insurance next week.

Thank you. Yes I have a $3000 maximum and have about $1500 left of that to pay

Mine was 1500 which I have like half left as well. Thank god for insurance. I have seen people's bills and the suergery cost between 30k to 50k