Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone getting sleeved in DECEMBER?

I am getting sleeved tomorrow, had my pre-op at the hospital yesterday.

Thank you for your best wishes. I will make sure i get the sugar free popsicles. I am so excited... My new life begins tomorrow.

Take it really slow after surgery.... The pain and discomfort shocked me it was so intense.

Follow your Drs orders and what and when to drink as best you can. Getting dehydrated is a big problem post op. Your going to get thru this!

Thank you so much for your welcomed advice. I will do exactly what you have said. I want to get through this as quickly as i can. I will keep in touch after i get home. Well, i am signing off, when i get back on i will have had my surgery. Here we go...

You too momma. 1st Christmas we will be losers instead of gainers

Sleeved on the 4th Dec, a totally painless experience, 4th day home and blood sugar seems to be stable around 6.5 unmedicated, it is early yet but feels great, not really interested in food, but i do enjoy the liquids. I have had type 2 since 2007 so it looks good atm. Best advice i had was from another sleeved patient who advised me to take only half-teaspoon sized sips after the op. Best advice from the forum was to walk, walk, walk. All good wishes to those about to start.

Got my sleeve Dec 10th. Had some bad gas pains, other then that alls going well. Today I can feel my appetite returning, I guess that's a good thing.

Good luck to all and enjoy the holidays.....:)

Did anyone else get scared and the "oh my gosh, am I really doing this?" Feeling before their surgery?? I start my liquids tomorrow for surgery on the 22nd. I think it's finally hitting me and I would lie if I said I wasn't scared. I'm not really scared for the life after more so the surgery it's self..

I had all those feelings and some more! I think if we didn't we'd be in denial. I was ready to jump up and leave right up to the time they wheeled me into the O.R. But knowing that I was doing this for my health kept me from running. A few weeks learning to Adjust to this change will be worth it.

Now, for two days post op I wasn't saying that lol! My Ins has support groups pre & post op I attended those and they helped a lot.

Hi! I am glad to see this post....I'm a newbie, and am set to have my sleeve December 22nd.....has or will anyone had the trans-esophageal endoscopic sleeve weight loss surgery? I'm having surgery in Plano, TX, but live 2 hours away-so thought maybe someone might be having the same thing performed. Thanks in advance and good luck for all!

I'm being sleeved December 22nd as well. I am on week 2 of restricted diet. If I think to much I scare myself with the what if? Then I push that out of my head with what if I don't? This gets me right back to where I need to be. Good luck and so thankful for this site.