Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Dorr,

Good on you for your pre-band loss. I'm one who's also lost on Atkins (quite painlessly) and yet gained it all back. I'm slowly coming to realize (DOH!) how this band is really going to work for me--and that's allowing me to keep the weight OFF once it's gone.

You look great, you must be tall!

Bumping it up.

Hey, you want to know how to get a lot of restriction without having a fill? Remodel your kitchen during the holidays, and have a stressful job, that will tighten you right up, I recommended that everyone give it a try. NOT. Oh 1 more week of school and I will be out of my misery for 3 weeks, yeah.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Be Safe.

I am a chat virgin and am trying to get a handle on posting, mini quote, etc.

Anyway, NYC Bear here who just got approved and will be a January 2008 bandster. First of all, Bear is not just a look, it is a state of mind and while I will journey down the road from Bear to Daddy, I will always be a Bear at heart.:eyebrows:

Seriously though, I just got approved and I went from excited to freaking out. So much to say, ask, learn and I have to learn how to chat and not write autobiograpyies every time I have something to say.

A quickie about me, I am 39, 300 lbs., domestic partner for 2 years, dog, cat, bird, live in the East Village in Manhattan. Weight is from poor diet, secret night eatting, 95% savory food, %5 sweets, no medical/thyroid issues that contributed to the weight, just a love of food.

Okay, there is me...short and sweet.

Hi everyone, welcome to the new kids!

Tanner -- I had a LOT of gas pain after surgery. Walking was the only thing that really helped. Mine took about a week to really go away, but I feel your pain.

Boz and Dorr, you guys look great. Dorr, if you look this good BEFORE surgery, I can't wait to see your after!

Congrats on your approval, Anthony. I love the LES/East Village bears!

Hey Peeps!

Merry Christmas...I know I am early but am so enjoying the holiday season! Took today off and honey will be here in a few hours. Yeah!

Welcome to the new peeps. I have no clue what a Daddy is, but I get the Bear thing. Hey I live in Palm Springs...but what is the difference from Bear to Daddy? Is it part of the BDSM world? Help an uneducated lesbian out Anthony!

Dezbus, that is crazy. I know the year my mom died I was doing the same kinda thing. I was trying to avoid the holiday though. I hope all comes out well on the remodel. Enjoy the Soup during this time!

I am trying to behave and baby the band as much as possible the next week or so. My dad and step mom come in next Friday and Susanne's parents arrive Saturday...then both sets of parents will meet for the first time at Breakfast on Sunday the 23rd! We are really looking forward to that!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I replied and had to edit a type-o and the edit feature destroyed my replay with coding so here it is again.

Although the terminology will always be debated, this is what I consider a bear and daddy.

Bear: John Goodman (at any weight you've seen him), Tom Colicchio (from Bravo's Top Chef)

Daddy: Henry Rollins (needs more body hair), Ed Harris (in The Abyss), think older military drill sargent.

I think the attitudes are similar, it's just more of a look and not really about the muscles but there is a weight distinction.

For lesbians, I would say Bear = Camryn Manhiem and Daddy = Xena Warrior Princess. LOL

Pamela,

Awesome times with your sweetie's family and yours meeting. Sound like a fun event.

Peace and Joy.

:rambo oh ya, now that's a goal....Xena , love strong sexy women. I am strong..........the rest is a work in progress :)

welcome Anthony!!

hey girls and guys ... well here's my story ... i'm gay black male .. single .. hopeless ... had the surgery on July 2, 2007 Dr. Merriman .. initially lost about 35lbs right after the surgery ... i'm at my 4th adjustment and actually had to have some removed as it was too tight ... i ended up gaining 5lbs :) ... the weight isn't coming off like i'd hoped it would but i'm truly hoping things will change ... i started out at 320lbs .. now i'm 293 ...

unfortunalely there aren't any walking groups here in the area ... i've been considering joining a gym but dont want to get caught up with the commitment for years ... have other avenues to consider (YMCA) but not sure ....

Dezbus~ I have until Friday then I have 2 whole wonderful beautiful glorious days off...can't freakin wait!

Hey Peeps~

I got lucky under the Xmas tree the other night. Under and on the couch near it. It was cool the lighting was great and she was beautiful. It put a spring in my step and was just what I needed. I suggest everyone get lucky under the treee this year. It was so fun, we are gonna do it again on Friday before dinner w/ my parents;)

Have a good one~

The Tree Hummmmm, I may have to give that a try, oh wait, I have no tree this year. Damm. I will have to figure out something else. lol

hey girls and guys ... well here's my story ... i'm gay black male .. single .. hopeless ... had the surgery on July 2, 2007 Dr. Merriman .. initially lost about 35lbs right after the surgery ... i'm at my 4th adjustment and actually had to have some removed as it was too tight ... i ended up gaining 5lbs :( ... the weight isn't coming off like i'd hoped it would but i'm truly hoping things will change ... i started out at 320lbs .. now i'm 293 ...

unfortunalely there aren't any walking groups here in the area ... i've been considering joining a gym but dont want to get caught up with the commitment for years ... have other avenues to consider (YMCA) but not sure ....

welcome, I hear your pain! I've been a bit on the slow side too. after my 4th fill , granted it was all around Halloween and Thanksgiving, but that is not really an excuse, I went in for my 5th thinking I was the same, and actually gained a couple! :faint: My 5th though seems promising, lost that plus a couple more. not ready to put it on the ticker though, need to make sure it will stick!

I like Curves, how are you in ladies sweats? :biggrin1:

I hope everyone has a great holliday:angel:, and may we all be merry :party:and "lucky";) how bout ....:confused: