Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Stevee, WELCOME TO LAPBAND WORLD.

I was not hungry for a few day's. I was not allowed mushies for two weeks, so you know I was ready for the day. lol It was amazing to realize that a cup of broth would actually fill me up. Hang in there. And congratulation again.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Hey boyz & gurls,

Tomorrow's my big day. I'll report to NYU Medical Center in less than 24 hours now.

I am so ready for this. I went through the nervous phase last week. But last night I slept like a baby. I think the support I'm receiving from my gay family has a lot to do with it. I'm afraid the waiting room at the hospital may look like Saturday night at the bar! I have such a great group of friend, all of whom have offered help and support.

My best friend will be with me during the whole procedure. As a single guy, I was a bit worried when Dr. Ren's office insisted that a relative or partner needed to be at the hospital. When I mentioned it to Mikey, he immediately responded with "Where else do you think I would be?" For a cute skinny guy, he really does understand what I've been through.

I'll be spending tomorrow night in the hospital. I'll let you all know how it went when I'm back on Tuesday.

It's on to Gay Bandlandia for me!

Bill

Hey Bill, can't wait to welcome you to Bandland! Remember we're all thinking about you, and post when you're able to let us know how you are.

Hey Peeps~

I am sooo sick. I remembered I was supposed to call you Juli, and I am sorry I didn't. I started getting sick on Thursday, and the rest of the weekend has been a blur. I went to urgent care this morning and got some meds, but feel sooo sick. Susanne is in Phoenix so I am alone:(:D! Pity party for one here!

Stevee, welcome to bandland!

Bill, keep us posted and good luck!

I am sooo tight w/ this sickness. I've gotten stuck on everything and even Pb'd today! Gonna try some Soup in a bit. I feel like I've been run over!

Have a great night,

Juli, I'll try this week. Gotta remember the time change! Hope all is well w/ you, A and Z!xo

peaceout

LSzeliga- You'll do great!

Pamela-

I'm sorry you're feeling poopy. Rest as much as you can. Call Suzanne and make her feel like crap for not being there. I know it's not her fault, but whatever...What else is a girl to do in a LDR?

We'll get it together on the phone sometime. Yeah, the time difference is a pain.

Catch you soon,

J

Will just to days until banding cant wait

Cool! Please keep us posted...

Pamela, your stoma could be irritated at this point and you may not be able to hold anything but liquids down. Try some very warm (but not hot) broth. If you have any unflavored Protein Powder, you can mix some in to keep your Protein intake up. Hope you feel better quick!

Well, I finally did it! I have moved from "Obese" to simply "Overweight!" Woo hoo! I never thought that would be such a big deal to me, but it really makes me feel great. Next stop: goal!

I want to be just like Oh Juli! You are doing outstanding. There is an all lesbian camping event that happens just outside St Louis at the end of April. I would love to have lost 90lbs by then. Oh what am I saying....I'm taken. Anyway, it's a huge event....hundrend and hundreds of lesbians everywhere. Smooth ones, not harry like in Michigan. It's called NBFD = No Big F*&^ing Deal. Oh my look at me babble.....I've gone crazy.:omg:

Really, I just got on the scale and lost more weight. The scale stopped for a couple of days which was very discouraging since I feel like I am starving myself...not that I am hungry just eating so little. There I go again...babble babble babble.

Hope everyone is well, especially everyone with those brand new bands:clap2:

I'm gonna shut up now:kiss

It's been a solid decade since I've been to michigan music festival. I'm content to never go again. Really. Hairy lesbians don't bother me so much as standing in line with a bunch of nakkid people waiting to shower publically. Oh, and there's sleeping in a tent...Ack to it all.

NBFD sounds like fun though. Mich Fest is far to serious an event.

Pamela-

Girl I saw you called! Sorry I missed you! I'll try this weekend. My life is more chaotic than typical.

XO

J

Hi Guys!

Eddie--kudos to you. I'm looking forward to my change in obesity status as well! Hell, I just hate the word "obese" all together.

Juli--great job on the weight loss (yes, I've noticed)

Caresa--glad you're feeling well enough to have lascivious thoughts!

I'm feeling pretty good. I've healed up nicely and gas/soreness is pretty much gone. I've got a wicked cold that one of the little darlings brought home from school though...and I'm a bit run down. Still slogging (sloshing?) through clear liquid (plus protein) diet until my first fill, 10/29. Tomorrow will make it 1 month so far. Yes, that was a whine!

But truthfully, I'm not hungry. But like Caresa, I've stopped losing for a few days myself. *sigh*

Allison (DW) and I are leaving tomorrow to go on a cruise. The ultimate test of my willpower. Gotta pack the Protein.

Pray for me. (-:

Juli, I'm just not sure what to think of you anymore. I thought maybe your previous distaste for camping was just a fluke, but now I see that you don't like tents at all. Maybe you're just a good Lesbian gone bad... LOL!

Pamela, are you feeling any better? Haven't heard anything from you for a few days.

Hi Guys!

Eddie--kudos to you. I'm looking forward to my change in obesity status as well! Hell, I just hate the word "obese" all together.

Juli--great job on the weight loss (yes, I've noticed)

Caresa--glad you're feeling well enough to have lascivious thoughts!

I'm feeling pretty good. I've healed up nicely and gas/soreness is pretty much gone. I've got a wicked cold that one of the little darlings brought home from school though...and I'm a bit run down. Still slogging (sloshing?) through clear liquid (plus protein) diet until my first fill, 10/29. Tomorrow will make it 1 month so far. Yes, that was a whine!

But truthfully, I'm not hungry. But like Caresa, I've stopped losing for a few days myself. *sigh*

Allison (DW) and I are leaving tomorrow to go on a cruise. The ultimate test of my willpower. Gotta pack the Protein.

Pray for me. (-:

Dana, you are still on Clear Liquids? My doc changed me to mushies last Thursday and said I could try some softer solids late this week. I'd be doing more than whining. My mood improved greatly when I could feel something in my tummy (that was good for my family). Have fun on your cruise, there will be so much more to do than eat.

Caresa!

It's is amazing the differance in treatment the different doctors follow. But of course we should do what our individual doctors say....

Yeah, my doc is pretty hard core when it comes to pre and post-op diets. There is no mushie phase--soft foods for two weeks and then on to the real stuff. Apparently he has seen people gain weight on mushies. Personally, I think he doesn't want his patients to eat before their first fill because of non-restriction as well as being assured of ample healing time. Whatever. I'm this far already, and I've got a good jump start on the weight loss.

I hear what you're saying re: your family vs. your mood...if any of mine DARES critique the dinner menu there is hell to pay. And of course I remind them of how long it's been since I've eaten! Ha!

And THEN they want to drink my sugar-free flavored water....grrrrrr

OK, I'm taking the laptop on the cruise--I may need all of the support I can get!

Dana