Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

The previous message is for Bronxmerci. Sorry forgot to mention

On the gas: I wonder if I can will myself to have hiccups. Probably not but I can dream, right!

Got it! I had my gallbladder and appendix removed laparoscopically (2 separate surgeries) and the pain was uncomfortable but not unbearable. Just wondering if this is going to be similar. Thanks bunches!!

i didn't tell my kids' dad either. He knows I'm having surgery but doesn't know what. I bought chewable gas-x because I was choosing the one with the most simethicone. @@Bronxmerci it's not cheating if you stay under your calorie goal. I've discovered with me not eating, I watch a crapload of cooking shows. Masterchef, kitchen nightmares, snack off, hell's kitchen, chopped, etc.

Okay, I am a big believer in acting on problems as they are. So, a plan is all you need.

1. The breaking the diet - not the best. Please remember, they are going to operate on you and your insides have to be clean. Think about getting out of the house or do anything that will distract you away from food. This is the time to pull out the nuclear weapons. In other words anything that will help is fair game. No holding back baby.

2. Coming back home after surgery. Do you not want your baby's daddy not to know about this ever (A) or your okay once it happens (B)? Ask yourself.

A - you will have to think this through. It is likely that you will be very tiered and in significant discomfort. There's no way he can't tell something is up if he spends a good amount of time there.

B - You may want to sit with him (After surgery) and basically level. Tell him something like-Please don't be mad, this is not the best moment. but I did get, blah, blah, blah. The reason I didn't tell anyone is because I was afraid I would be talked out of it or that I would be judges (what ever the motivation is for you) this way you can start with a clean slate and ask for his help and support through a most difficult time. If he knows why you did what you did he will be much more understanding. Hope it makes sense.

On the not being able to pick up the baby there are ways to cope. I was very sick with one of my pregnancies (miscarried) when my son was 1 year old. I was basically horizontal and nauseated 24/7. Baby lived in diapers/blankies -house was warm - no laundry. Paper plates and disposable spoons. We crawled a lot around together. There's no need to pick him up he will come to you/ sleep with you and you can cuddle just the same, right. Trust me you can cope.

@@layknee we really are twins huh lol, I thought I was the only one withholding information. I'm getting the gasx cuz you guys are mentioning it a lot lol I hope it does help.

@@Beni thank you for the great advice. I don't think I'm going to tell him even if he starts asking questions, this relationship has been over for 3 years of our 6.5 being together. If he finds out one day I won't care if he's mad because I'm doing it for me and don't care for his approval. He is always around so at least he can carry the baby. I have my mom and gma helping me out too so I feel blessed. I wish I had a manual on how to get rid of an unwanted person. Tmi alert- I withhold the goods, kick him out, ignore him, but I still have to see him cuz of the baby, but anyways I'm off topic now lol. As far as the food, I dumped everything in my house and went over to my moms where the food sucks anyways, all I'm doing now is Water, Water, and water!!

I'm going to go clear my mind now so that I can go into surgery stress free!

Oh goodness, I missed ALOT yesterday!!! I just got all the messages read I missed. I'll be back to catch up, but I MUST go get some cleaning done! I have company coming later today and if I don't get up and do it now, I won't get it done, LOL.

Yesterday was a super rough day for me, I'll be back to explain.

@@Bronxmerci, I see. your situation is a lot better then I thought. You are going to be FINE. No sweat. It it's kind of funny that you and layknee are going on the same day. Kind of like peas in a pod. I understand about not wanting to tell your previous partners. This is about you not them. If I could, I wouldn't have told my husband and we have a decent relationship. My husband is going overseas on a business trip for 2 weeks (have known for a couple months.) I almost scheduled the surgery while he was away and not tell him, but the hospital/doctor won't release me to a taxi.

This surgery is for our health and future and we have enough courage to go and fight for it, with all the tools available to us, right? When you get to be our size there is no more nice gal. This is time for big changes.

WE CAN DO THIS!

I am on Clear liquids only for today and tomorrow, my stomach be growlin'. Two Powerade zero, lemon lime and one Water so far, can't wait to get home from work and have some broth. Yummy!

Hurray for broth!

post-234841-14131393100564_thumb.jpg pre-pics I took today on my way to church. Wondering if I'll go through with it tomorrow. Down 25# since May.

Yes, you will go through with it tomorrow. And, you will report back with all the details ASAP.

Rocking that skirt and yellow shirt on that picture.

We have the same body type by the way. I'm 262 5' 5". Not that different at all.

Good luck tomorrow! You guys are going to do great!

Here is my before picture, though I have lost 50 since then. Gonna take another tomorrow.

post-217122-14131433620194_thumb.jpg

Edited by smiley922

Ok did one aftee the last post

post-217122-14131439590855_thumb.jpg

Ok did one aftee the last post

awesome!!!!

10 days post op and nearly no pain. I haven't used any pain meds today, or muscle relaxants. Got all my required Protein in already thanks to gene pro. Tried it in Tomato Soup, nope not going to work. Seems juice is the best way for me to take it for now until I can put it in something.