Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyone NOT going to miss after sleeve?

The seatbelt extender on the airplane!

Buying ONLY pants with elastic waists (they're comfy so I'll still probably have some ????)

Being tired and out of breath when walking up a flight if stairs.

Knee and back pain.

My belly in the way (especially during sex ????????????????)

Hiding from cameras!

Edited by laurenella82

Yes back fat! I never had a problem dating lots of men like big woman but I can't wait to feel good naked o hate feeling ashamed.

When I say dating...I mean serious long term relationships. Of course lots of men like big women...but in my experience its only for sex and nothing more. New Yorkers can be very vain...here its all about looks. Ive actually heard men admit to only liking big women because they thought they were easier.

And usually the ones who like me are not my type. I've tried online dating and it just never seems to work out. The guys are either crazy, too old or just wanna have sex.

I hate to admit this but my thin friends get the better quality guys. I have a vibrant personality, totally cute, confident, and socially active. But at the end of the day Im always getting over-looked.

When I say dating...I mean serious long term relationships. Of course lots of men like big women...but in my experience its only for sex and nothing more. New Yorkers can be very vain...here its all about looks. Ive actually heard men admit to only liking big women because they thought they were easier.

And usually the ones who like me are not my type. I've tried online dating and it just never seems to work out. The guys are either crazy, too old or just wanna have sex.

I hate to admit this but my thin friends get the better quality guys. I have a vibrant personality, totally cute, confident, and socially active. But at the end of the day Im always getting over-looked.

That's sad I hate that you haven't found any good ones. I have had some great long term relationships. My boyfriend now will most likely be my husband he is wonderful and loves me for me big or lil. Hopefully after your surgery you will find what your looking for :)

That's sad I hate that you haven't found any good ones. I have had some great long term relationships. My boyfriend now will most likely be my husband he is wonderful and loves me for me big or lil. Hopefully after your surgery you will find what your looking for :)

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes!! That's what I'm talking about too. The men in DC love big women for sex! They don't care to get to really know you. Just enough to get some. I don't really even like to go out anymore with my thin friends (which is most of my friends) because, like you said, I get overlooked.

Yes!! That's what I'm talking about too. The men in DC love big women for sex! They don't care to get to really know you. Just enough to get some. I don't really even like to go out anymore with my thin friends (which is most of my friends) because, like you said, I get overlooked.

I'm so glad someone else understands me. It's so easy for women to say "have more confidence" ...but the truth is, the percentage of GOOD men who like big women is really low. Thin women can lack confidence and still get quality men. But...that's just the way it is.

I'm tired of yo-yoing with my weight. Can't wait to be sleeved and healthy.

Me too! I'm so ready for this!!!!!

I JUST realized another thing I WON'T miss. After eating one meal my jeans won't be so tight I feel like I need to unbutton them. I HATE that!

I won't miss being out of breath when I walk, and being too tired to play with my 8yr old because of my wieght. I also won't miss all the B.S I put up with from men who didn't see my worth and me not loving myself enough to tell them to go.

I really wanna learn how to swim and make it a favorite pass time.

I won't miss getting all sweaty and out of breath every time I go out to dance.

I won't miss having to stop every few minutes after walking to catch my breath.

I won't miss declining to sit when someone offers me a chair, only because it has arms that my hips won't fit into.

I won't miss having back and knee problems due to my weight.

I won't miss having to use a seatbelt extender on airplanes.

I won't miss looking like the Michelin Man.

I won't miss crying after shopping because the biggest clothes at the plus size stores don't fit.

I won't miss having to wear flats cuz I'm too fat to wear high heels.

There are a lot of things I won't miss, thinking of these things gives me a positive boost!

I've been feeling pretty down as my surgery date draws near, but I have to remember these things, and the reasons why I'm doing this!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :D

~*~Heather~*~

Definitely everything that you said...my son is a theatre major and where they perform...I DO NOT fit in those sits. They were made for skinny people. I am in the process of getting everything done.. I have my Phsyc appt tomorrow an my dietician the next week. So I'm looming at probably February.

I won't miss not fitting on rides at the amusement park. I won't miss the snide comments and back handed compliments...oh have you lost weight... Every time! I won't miss hiding from cameras. Next year we're doing a family photo for our Christmas card.

OMG! and I thought I was the only one who sweats all the time! smh.. that is the FIRST thing I cannot wait to stop doing. It is so embarrassing to be so cute and cant look anyone in the store or anywhere else in face cuz i'm sweating profusely!!!!! ugh.

Airplane seat second... YES! I travel alot and i try to have friends or family fly with me so we can sit together so i wont be so embarrassed by asking for an extend-a-belt and the worries of offending others... how many pounds do i need to lose for that to happen? 100?? Lol whatever it is I can't wait!

FEET.. ok this may sound weird but did anyone's feet get smaller too? Past 6 years my feet have widened and makes it hard for shoes and cannot fit in old shoes.. now I have to wear 1/2 size larger and a wide width instead of medium. Please tell me this will change too!

I'm so ready to see "my" face again.. Lol I dont know the strange face that has taken control of me... :-)

Rpost-238573-14180876661806_thumb.jpg