Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleevers how many pounds did yu drop in the first 2 months ?

Hi to all PLEASE give me your number on how many pounds you guys all dropped in your first 2 months after you had been sleeved.

I know it depends on every individual body and on habits and activities but I need to get some kind of average number since I have an anniversary to attend and want to eyeball where I might be at.

THANKS

Hi I, 2 1/2 months out and down 32 lbs.

Hi Stacielynntate and did you have to do pre surgery diet too? I had to for 3 weeks only Protein Shakes. Anyways I hope I will manage to loose the same. Are you working out too?

No preop diet. Just liquids the day before surgery. Put in 10lbs of Fluid weight while in the hospital. These first 2 month no working out just normal day life and walking around work or stores. I have been in. 3 week stall so I got a personal trainer at my gym and now go 4-5 times a week. I still struggle to get in my Protein of 70-90 grams and all my fluids. Once I figure that piece out I hope the needle starts moving down again.

28lb four weeks out

Wow 28 in just 4 weeks! I am sure I won't reach that :(

Johnsydney are you a band to sleeve revision?

Yeah band to sleeve, relatively low starting BMI, wanted to lose 56lb so half way there in 4 weeks. Band was in for 10 years. Lost 110lb with the band then regained 60 or so. So took the plunge and had the sleeve last month.

Yeah band to sleeve, relatively low starting BMI, wanted to lose 56lb so half way there in 4 weeks. Band was in for 10 years. Lost 110lb with the band then regained 60 or so. So took the plunge and had the sleeve last month.

Same here - I had my band for 10 years and I had lost all 101 pounds I wanted to lose but the problems like acid reflux and pain I had with the band were just too much. I was surprised when they took it out (last monday) that I did not have much scaring. How was the damage your band did?

They said it was like a dogs Breakfast in there. The lower part of my stomach had moved up through the band and stretched the top part out. Very tricky to remove, was fortunate enough to be able to have the band out and the sleeve done in the same op, but it was touch and go, my surgeon was going to call it off and the whole op took about 3 1/2 hours as a result my sleeve is a bit bigger than most at around 250ml which is about 1 cup US I think. Op for me was easy, no pain, no gas, no reflux. Just hoping that the weight loss continues and can be maintained with the larger sleeve.

Oh man that sounds like the surgeon had his work cut out for him. My surgeon told me that even though all the prep examinations had been looking good not slippage or such, she still has to go by what she will find inside. But I guess I was lucky , they had scheduled 3.5 hrs but were done with me in just under 2 hrs.

But regarding the bougie size - I actually asked to get a bigger one than the commonly used 32F. I wanted at least a 40F since it is most likely not to develop GERD /acid reflux with that size and also a bigger size shows statistically less risk of leakage but still has the same weightloss results than the smaller sleeves. She told me since I do not have to lose such a huge amount and managed my weight basically with an open band for the last 5 years a bigger size was what she would have recommended too. So I am having a bougie size 44F. Hardly any pain (I would call it more discomfort ) no acid reflux it feels great !

When did you get sleeved ? Do you have any links to the research on similar weight loss regardless of bougie size ? I'm worries that I'll be able to eat too much and regain weight. I do feel as though the sleeve has done something good to my brain ! I seem to have lost my sweet tooth and carb cravings and so far the weight loss has been good, so not complaining !

When did you get sleeved ? Do you have any links to the research on similar weight loss regardless of bougie size ? I'm worries that I'll be able to eat too much and regain weight. I do feel as though the sleeve has done something good to my brain ! I seem to have lost my sweet tooth and carb cravings and so far the weight loss has been good, so not complaining !

Yes I do have some research papers printed out for my doc but she knew them already :) I have to look if I still have them and go back on the internet to find them. Give me a bit time.

I am not eating bread and man made carbs for some years now but yes it is different with the sleeve I noticed that too. But you had probably heard about the latest research results that the bariatric medical profession is on its way to give more emphasis to the fact : that weight loss with the sleeve might have more to do with the biochemical changes resulting from removal of that part of the stomach than the value of the restriction created through the removal.

Meaning that our metabolisms change drastically and has more impact on our weight loss than the fact that we just can not eat as much as before anymore.

This would explains why there is not much difference in weight loss success between a smaller say 32F compare to a 42F size sleeve.

But as I said I will try to find it again and post it here.

Found one of the publications about the Endocrine-metabolic changes through sleeve surgery

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140326142209.htm

This article is a short take on bougie size and GERD

http://www.bariatricnews.net/?q=news/11907/hiatal-hernias-must-be-closed-most-sleeve-gastrectomies

I started at 174 at my revision so I lost much slower. I lost 15 lbs at my 8 weeks post op appt. I know some lose much, much faster but when ur bmi is lower, u WILL lose slower.

Good luck!

Hey I currently have the band but hate hate hate it n want to get rid of it always having problems.. can someone tell me what they require that would make me a candidate for revision from band to sleeve?