Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve buddy needed in the Seattle area, surgery date 9/17/2014

Hello fellow sleevers. I am looking for a buddy for my September sleeve. I am getting very nervous, but thrilled at the same time. I feel like I have everything I need for the recovery, but am hoping to have a support system set up outside of my family. They are very supportive, but I want to be able to openly talk without worrying my adult kids or husband too much. I also don't want to be frustrated with them when they don't understand. If you are getting sleeved soon or recently lets take this journey together.

Hi Pamela,
I am going in next week for my last appointment before setting a date for surgery, and I'm excited and nervous. Not sure yet if my surgery will be in October or November (I have a family reunion to schedule around), but would love to support you through yours.

How is it going?

Julie

Congratulations Julie,

This is a very exciting time for you. I do suggest to plan a time when you can rest completely for a few weeks. I have zero regret's.

Today is 8 days out since my surgery and I actually woke up feeling great today. I have been back to work for a few days and it has been a bit of a struggle dealing with the achiness and the low energy, but other than that things are great. I realized today when I finally felt good enough to put on a pair of my favorite skinny jeans that they aren't so skinny any more! I can't wait for all the swelling and incisions to go down to normal to see what size jeans I really wear now. One suggestion I do have is buy the Premier Protein shakes (I got mine at Costco), they are by far my favorite and I tried many different kinds, also Isopure unflavored Protein mix is great as there is no flavor and you can add it to anything. Keep me posted as to how it is going Julie. I look forward to supporting you along your journey :)

Hey I was sleeved on 9/22. How are you doing?

I'm in eastern Washington. Sleeved on 9/15/14. :)

I am doing great. I went back to work last Tuesday and felt like I had been hit by a truck. Slowly but surely feeling like my self again. It was great to have a weekend to rest and get my pureed food figured out. Also started my Vitamins on Friday and that helped a lot. I went grocery shopping and it was weird, nothing sounded good. I had to really shop from my head and not my tummy. This was a whole new experience. I actually had to call my husband from the store and ask him what he wanted me to pick up for him. I feel like this was a good experience. Next time I will come with a better plan, but I left with no junk!

Hi I live in Maple Valley Wa. I was sleeved on 9/17. I started dropping weight really fast then during week three I had a set back I stalled on my weight for 2 days and gained one pound. However, I think it might be the blended foods I was eating. I am going back to what I was eating in week 2. I just don't want to screw up and gain any weight.

I have noticed a slow down too. I decided to stop weighing myself every day and make sure to measure and weigh my food. Also I have read if you make sure to keep up your Fluid intake it is supposed to help. Good luck, let me know how your changes go. ( I live in Maple Valley too).

I am getting my sleeve done in early December by Dr. Judy Chen at Swedish. Currently trying to lose weight with phentermine and Protein Shakes (which I hate). How much did you lose before surgery?

Edited by Trillium

I had my surgery done by Dr Kauffman at the Puget Sound Surgical Center. He is amazing. I only had to do a low carb diet for 2 weeks pre op. I lost 11 pounds during that time. I have found that the Premier Protein shakes over ice are pretty good. I buy them at costco. They have 30 grams of Protein. Good luck the surgery is worth it!

@@Pamela870

I tried the premier Protein and it was awful lol...I sound like grumpy cat. I honestly have such a hard time with Protein. Most of it makes me want to gag. I could chug them pre-op and not taste them as much, but now post op I have a really hard time getting all the protein in. I'm eating greek yogurt and milk and things like that, but it's still not 60 or more grams a day

I live in Seatac had the sleeve may 2014. Dr Kaufman did mine too. I have only lost 30 pounds want about 30 more off. Need to get exercising. Dr doesn't me to even eat apples. Had hernia surgery one month ago and he said my stomach had moved up and had to be stitched down do to throwing up. Not sure how true that is. Trying to be more careful. Would like it if there was a physical support group in the south end. Edmonds takes me 1 hour to get to. Going back to dietician next week. I think it is Barb? Someone I haven't seen yet. I don't like all these young girls. I am 57. I need some support too. I just found this site. PSS. Won't give any advise. Write back