Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling going back to work today.

@@☠carolinagirl☠, condolences on your mother's passing.

thank you for taking time out to write me that. it means alot....CG

sorry your work environment is so miserable , just do what you can , try not to stress , you will no doubt get no thanks . whilst at work maybe just stick to Protein drinks and yoghurt so limiting any stuck episodes which may cause your unsympathetic boss to find reason to moan . I find my band is more likely to play up if stressed so I would keep the diet simple while in a stressful situation , I wish you well x

Hope things are going a little better by the time you read this, maybe a few deep breaths ? If your supervisor is the main problem, and everything she says and does trickles down, there isnt much you can do to change the situation. Soooooo, from past experience, I figured I had 2 choices. I could either come in every day, get myself all worked up over a problem that they ( mgmt) would do nothing about, take that stress home with me and create more problems at home , OR , come in , do my 8 hrs, pick up my paycheck, and go home, and realize that mgmt was going to do nothing about the problem. Either way, they were'nt going to change anything, so dont stress about it. And, no surprise, my supervisor s eventually got fired, I got a good reputation for handling things calmly and professionaly, and it all worked out. The end. Hugs to you , lots !

Carolina girl, sending you hugs too . Breathe honey, just breathe.....

Oh and the manager is HR. LOL

Manager is also the wife I bet.

Time to take those skills and go work at a hospital or jnsurance!

Thank you all so very much. I work for a physicians office as a biller. The office is just a little too small for FMLA and no short term disability is offered. The words of encouragement from all of you is so much appreciated. Yes it's as bad as I thought it would be but it is what it is. And I hate that saying. Lol. Again thanks for the responses I will do the best I can to meet both my weight goal and my personal goals of being able to retire! Hugs!

I believe we have a mutual friend... I'm sorry you have to work for Azzhats but just breathe in and breathe out and if this work was on your desk all this time then you'll get to it in your own time. You do your best like you always do or you wouldn't have been working there as long as you have. You'll be fine. Go to a movie with our mutual friend. Take care, T

Carolina girl, sending you hugs too . Breathe honey, just breathe.....

thank you pink

that means a lot to me.

i needed to read this today/this morning

Carolinagirl....I am so very sorry about the passing of your mom. I cannot imagine! Xoxoxo Hugs.

oh tbahm (big hugs to you from me)..i appreciate that very much sweetie

wow, My heart goes out to Carolina Girl and to tbahm. Carolina Girl, condolences on your mother's passing. May her memory be eternal and all of the happy memories fill your heart.

tbahm....please focus on yourself and getting over your surgery. Once you are feeling better and you've gained your self confidence from losing weight, start looking for another job. There are lots of hospitals, physicians offices etc that would love to have someone of your caliber and job skills. Once you have found that new job, it might make you feel better to tell that Office Manager that calling employees "bitches' is as unprofessional as a manager can be. The role of a manager is to be a leader and set a good example for other employees so that an atmosphere of camaraderie exists so everyone is on the same team with the same goals. Obviously this manager has issues of her own and has very poor management skills. Don't take her attitude or behavior personally....she is acting out due to not being able to deal with her own problems. Keep telling yourself that you are above all that and you are better than that and you don't need to feel bad. Have pride in your work and in yourself and let that speak for itself. Life will get better, have a little faith and patience and don't be afraid to make changes when the time comes. Good luck to you.

I'm so sorry for your situation. Where I live, the state requires employers to provide disability coverage after 7 days. I had my sleeve July 23rd and just returned to work this past Monday. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and hysterectomy at the same time so granted it was a lot but I was so thankful for those 6 weeks. My advice to everyone would be not to rush back to the rat race. As for this miserable person you are stuck with, she must be horribly unhappy in her own life to treat others so awful. Take comfort in knowing that you are a strong person and you can get through these times with your head high.

The other end of that is this. If the job is not worth the stress, start looking for a new one. I will tell you that my job is very stressful and just the schedule is making my nutritional needs difficult. I took the time while I was out to really think on what I want from my life, both personal and professional, and I'm not going to allow anything to stand in the way of my happiness. So while I'm back here out of necessity, I'm working on improving my situation. I would suggest you do the same. You have the ability to take control of your life and build it. Don't be afraid to take those steps. I wish you all the best!

Thank you mommymeghan, I am definitely weighing my options. I am so close to being able to retire financially that it is hard to change jobs at this point. Starting over with little to no vacation and definitely lower on the pay scale we have decided to try and live off my husbands income and put all of mine into savings for a while. Just to see if that can work for us. There may be a possibility of going part time or working somewhere else part time. Sooooo today the manager decides to being in apple cider donuts from a local orchard. Now she never brings in anything for the employees but today was the day she did that. And I just didn't say anything because a reaction was what she wanted. So then she decides that the employees who wanted to were going to start a diet competition where everyone would put in 5 dollars and whoever loses the most weight each week wins the Pot. Lol. Only one person asked me to join the rest think I have an unfair advantage. Lol the last time they did this people would gain back what they lost the previous week and nobody ever actually lost weight. I don't want to be included anyway. Lol. Because even before my surgery I lost 56 pounds, so I will sit back and watch them all! Goodness how petty. Oh as they all ate the apple cider donuts. Can't wait to see what they do next week to try and bring me down. It's always something there. Hopefully when they get no reaction they will back off because I am losing my weight and fully intend on keeping it off.

Edited by tbahm

Oh wow! They are a crew. My mom always said "God don't like ugly" and they fit that bill. You just stay strong and remain pleasant & watch them all go crazy trying to get under your skin. I believe in Karma & they will get theirs

What a bizarre scene.

what a nasty bunch of people. I am so sorry you have to deal with that every day. I hope you are able to hang in there. I know years ago I worked in a toxic environment.. Everyone was scared of the Manager (who was married to the Dr.) She finally told me I had to work on Saturdays and I pretty much told her to stuff it.. I quit , they had to hire 3 people to replace me and I got a much better job. I understand being close to retirement and wanting to last long enough to be able to retire but, taking abuse is not going to help you mentally or physically. That bunch of so called "dieters" will still be fat when you are thin that is your revenge.. Karma is a powerful thing and nasty people usually get their "reward" In the end.. other than hiring a lawyer to sue them for verbal and mental abuse you will have to weather the storm so to speak. Wish I could go to work with you and tell them what a bunch of aholes they are but I can't. We all support you and I am praying that you continue to work towards your health and well being.