Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 8 Sleeves Thread

Megan I admire you ! Flying there and going through this all alone. Do you know anybody there ? How long will you stay after surgery?

I'm on day 6 of pre-op which consist of 3 Protein shakes a day

Breakfast

lunch

dinner 4 oz Protein with steamed veggies and carb such as a half of a yam, no fats. Also can have raw veggies during the day to snack on if I feel hungry then another Protein shake later on! So far so good, but after 6 months of planning and thinking about this 24-7 I'm so ready. I have severe sleep apnea and use a CPAP... Geeez if it wasn't for this surgery I wouldn't have known, and it's what got me approved for surgery due to a low end BMI.

So Sept 8th can't come fast enough! Plan on keeping very busy this week !!

Work, grandchildren and took on a project of making a towel cake for an up coming bridal shower, Oh and clean my house! That should do it. I'm so thankful for this site and better and happier healthy days ahead for us all!

@@sharon - same here I am cleaning the entire house right now..... it keeps me busy ... I said to my husband : if I wouldn't know any better I would call it the late stage pregnancy nesting urge ha ha ha ha but I guess it is the late stage "sleeving-stage" ha ha ha

Today my diet has been lax- but I told my doc- ahead if time-

I've lost 20 since May, and my bmi is low range.

He said most important for me to do perfect Sunday to Sunday .

So I had tailgate crap and no beer-

I walked 4 miles in a hour this morning outside and will prob go for another tonight.

Next weekend I told my 15 yr old boy and husband that they can eat away from the house all weekend- lol

They've been great .

Nesting is happening at our house too!

Megan I admire you ! Flying there and going through this all alone. Do you know anybody there ? How long will you stay after surgery?

No I dont know anyone there. But I am trusting that everything will be fine (fingers crossed) I will be there for 4 days. I decided to leave 1 day earlier then most but my Dr thinks I should be fine since I have a lower BMI. I would rather recuperate at home in my own bed. And my mother will be flying in that night also to take care of me :)

Yes I am going to Mexico, I am going alone my husband and daughter will be staying home. I think it will be an interesting experience lol havent ever been on a trip alone before :)

Hi y'all!! I am so happy to have found this thread! I was looking to join the September sleevers group, and there is actually a group for September 8...that's my big day too!! Yay!!!

I am having my surgery done by Dr. Garcia in TJ. I've been researching for over a year, recommended my Mom use him, so I accompanied her for her VSG with Garcia last October. She is doing great, and now it's finally my turn!!

I start my pre-op diet Monday, so my hubby and I are going out to dinner for my 'food funeral' (Lol, that's such a funny phrase!) tomorrow night.

MeganC, who are you having your surgery with? We are both flying into TJ for surgery on the 8th!

@@KrystalVsg where in Texas are you? I'm from Dallas.

<p>@@KrystalVsg where in Texas are you? I'm from Dallas.</p>

I'm in Dallas!

I get my sleeve on sep 8

Starting my low carb diet and have to do two day of liquids before surgery.

Sadly my back went out this weekend and I am a mess....

Where are you in Texas?

How are you holding up!

@@KrystalVsg where in Texas are you? I'm from Dallas.

Woo Woo & Barbclay, I live in Palestine, TX. About 1 1/2 hour southeast of Dallas. We go into Dallas about once a month or so, to do the 'big city' stuff :-) Maybe we can meet up for lunch or dinner one day...but we'll all have to share a meal! Lol!

@@sharon - same here I am cleaning the entire house right now..... it keeps me busy ... I said to my husband : if I wouldn't know any better I would call it the late stage pregnancy nesting urge ha ha ha ha but I guess it is the late stage "sleeving-stage" ha ha ha

Lol, @@nowornever14 I am doing the same thing! It does feel like nesting!

Yay for Dallas (and nearby :P )

OK well one week from tomorrow then. How are we all feeling?

Myself I'm ready to get it over with already I think.

@@KrystalVsg I was curious as to what your funeral dinner choice is for tonight? If you want to share. :)

@@KrystalVsg I was curious as to what your funeral dinner choice is for tonight? If you want to share. :)

Really not doing anything super exciting or fancy! I just want to go to one of our average places and get something that I won't be able to have for a long time.

We're gonna go into Tyler, and go to BJ's Brewhouse (have y'all been there?) They have a BBQ chicken pizza (with ranch) that I really like, which is *clearly* gonna be a no no for quite a while. That and a margarita/yummy drink of some kind and.....waaalaaa food funeral!!! Haha!

September 8th here too. Was supposed to be August 21st but my hubby gave me a cold so September 8th is the day! Best of luck everyone!!!