Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@chellede thank you so much for the list. I thought I was the only one at the end of the month until I saw this. Thanks a lot.

We need a list of all the abbreviations and what they mean. It is confusing for this newbie. :)

We all have October 14th surgery dates! Are you guys on your pre op diets? Are you nervous, excited, starving? How fun to go through this journey together. :)

10/14 - Marielbx -
10/14 - lovelytrl - Louisiana
10/14 - chellede - Texas
10/14 - shmeyers - Indiana
10/14 - Angie413
10/14 - fosho1976 - Ohio
10/14 - jab315 - New York
10/14 - Kpar909956 - Tennessee

Hey Oct Sleevers !!

The list is updated. Teal is those who had surgery, and the pink are the ones next in line. I also added the link to the list in my signature as well as some very helpful links. If anyone comes across a more extensive list of shakes along with the nutritional info, please let me know. I'd love to have a good list like that. Thanks again to all the pioneers of our group for keeping us updated and letting us know what you're going through. To those who are on their liquid diets, hang in there ! It's all worth it ! HUGS Everyone !

As for me (AFM) - Check out my message to shymeyers.

Have a great day !

Jessiquoi - that’s a good idea. Take that time off and get adjusted. Especially being type 1. I think you have a good advantage of being towards the end of Oct. That way you can see what everyone is going through :)

HA ! We are very similar, we are the “in your face” share everything. But I’m with you. I’m being very very selective too on who I tell.

Kimrod - congrats on getting your pre op done testing done ! So excited for you !!!

NikkiDizzle - how are you sweetheart? How you feeling? Let us know ! You are a pioneer and we are living through you before our turn :) :HUGS:

Kathy - that’s right! One day at a time. It will be worth it in the end. Hang in there with the liquid !! You got this :)

Akflatt - you too hang in there with the pre op diet. And yeah, it really is weird every doctor has their own thing. My only pre op diet is low fat, and some would say that’s great, but it makes me wonder if my liver will shrink enough.. I think we worry no matter what LOL

Meonthelist - Congrats on your surgery!!! Keep us updated on the difficulty swallowing and if it’s getting better. I agree, this site is great for people who have kept things quiet. Also it’s a great learning tool.

Monasongbird_38 - Congrats on your surgery date !

Trisey - Where in Houston? I’m in The Woodlands Congrats on your surgery. Awesome your hubby bought you a tempurpedic ! Someone said to try Gas-X strips as well as walking. Keep us updated !

Orrio - Congrats for not having sweets or soda in 4 weeks. Most people say they are scared even all the way up to surgery time. Keep busy ! I’m sure it’s easier said than done. HUGS

Happymama - you can still post here, and we will root you on in November :)

Taris - Congrats on your surgery !!! LOL about feeling so good after a burp. Didn’t know that about the driving. And you should be excited about the future. You made the best decision for yourself !

KyaWolf - Congrats on your surgery date !

geeniexfresh - ha, I love the “My pouch loved it” Awesome. A new road of discovery. Thanks for keeping us posted !

Shmeyers - My surgery buddy! I added some links in my signature, so you can click on the abbreviations. Right now I’m in the “I want to be prepared” stage. House cleaning, shopping, ordering shakes, getting recipes ready, list of things for hospital, and everything else. And yeah, even the funeral stuff.. just incase. I hate to think about that, but it’s been on my mind a bit. A lot of it is because I have a very very rare blood clotting disorder. So I do have to be super careful with surgeries. But on the flip side, I’m planning my 40th birthday in June.. I’m all over the map, haha. Amazing how many 14ths there are !!!

Edited by chellede

@@chellede

Thanks so much! It's actually just shmeyers, no y :)

@@chellede

I tried to add you as a friend but it won't let me.

@@chellede

I tried to add you as a friend but it won't let me.

Try again. I think I didn't have my settings correct. :)

Had my surgery yesterday I am in pain but bearable the beginning of the new me

@@chellede thank you for the words of encouragement. And a HUGE thank you for taking the time to compile everyone's dates & the various Protein drinks! You're the best!

October 21 in Tijuana with Dr. Lopez. Pre-op diet starts in two days. Scared to death but I know I'm doing the right thing. I'll be traveling by myself too so that is a little nervewracking. I've had surgery before so I'm not scared of that, but I'm nervous about the post-op adjustment. The non-reversible part has me spooked.

@@nikkydizzle Congratulations sweetheart !!!! How are you doing with the drinking? Any problems? How's the gas pain? Do you "feel" different? Take it easy and recovery :) HUGS !

manibeaux - Congrats on your date. How long are you supposed to be in the hospital in Mexico ?

Kathy812 - my pleasure. I was getting lose on people's dates and what kind of Protein drinks.. so much stuff going through my head trying to get ready for this. And guess what? We are another day closer !!!

I have my surgery on October 13th:)

Hello there! I'm new here... But my date is October 10th... This coming Friday. I'm nervous and thrilled all at once!

Some more info, ended previous post pre-maturely.

Surgery is in Las Vegas, NV with Dr. Thomas Umbach. October 10th.

Started my pre-op liquid diet 9/27. I've been doing one Lean Body Protein shake (pre-mixed in a box) for Breakfast. An MRM Protein Shake for lunch (powder) and a small 4oz portion of chicken mostly, but some salmon as well, plus veggies, for dinner.

Today I tried something new... Bought a few bottles of Isopure. Figured if I could swap that for the Lean Body, it'd be better. Still zero sugar, but Isopure is 160 cals per bottle vs. 260 for Lean Body and both are 40 grams of Protein.< /p>

I'm losing on average two full pounds a day.

Edited by aSleeveStory

Still nervous. I am sure it is the right decision, and pre surgery diet has been ok. I have not had sweets in almost 4 weeks nor any soda and I have survived, not even tempted. Which I feel is a huge plus I feel. Still scared. I want it to be Monday afternoon already so it is done with. Though I may not be happy then either. Just hoping this is normal. Thank goodness for this sight

I thinks it's okay to be nervous. It's probably natural, frankly. I know I am, but I keep thinking about how terrible being 425+ pounds has been for me in the past two years in particular. Seems like there was a magic number I crossed and from then on out so many routine things aren't routine anymore.

Think about all the ways your life is about to get better. I wish you the very best. Monday is almost here!!