Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@genniexfresh

Thank you! :D

@@aSleeveStory

Good luck Friday! Are you on a pre-op diet right now? What can you have. I go Oct 14th. :)

I start my pre-op on the 15th and wondering if I should start with using the nutribullet in the beginning just to ease into everything. Anyone do this...did it work?

@@BigMAlways

How was your surgery? Are you doing well? Would love to hear about it.

@@aSleeveStoryGood luck Friday! Are you on a pre-op diet right now? What can you have. I go Oct 14th. :)

Yes... I started pre-op liquids on the 27th of September, after ten days of a very restrictive no sugar, low carb, high Protein "normal" diet before that. I've lost about 40lbs total since the start of all that.

I can have one Protein shake for Breakfast, one for lunch, and dinner with 4oz of either chicken, fish, or turkey It's been chicken all nights but one, where I did salmon. I also have a decent helping of veggies with each dinner... mostly steamed broccoli and carrots. We've done snap peas once or twice, and steamed green Beans also. I'm told I can have a third shake each day if I really need or want one, but they also said to avoid it if I can... so far I've not had a third ANY of the days, and I feel alright.

It hasn't been that awful for me. I work late nights (3-4am) and usually wake up around Noon. When I'm first awake, I'm not that hungry. Past two days I've done a bottle of Isopure for Breakfast instead of a shake... it's 100 calories less and fills me up just fine. lunch I do a Lean Body shake pre-mixed in the box. Sometimes I make a shake with MRM Protein powder since we still have a big jug of it. It has less calories than the pre-made Lean Body, but does have some sugar... where Lead Body has NO sugar... so it's a weird trade-off. I figure since insulin resistance and sugar are my issues, I'm better off with the Lean Body ones (Isopure also has zero sugar).

The only time I get REALLY hungry is at the very end of my day. If it starts to bother me, I'll just go to bed... and start the next day!

Once or twice I've also had an after-dinner snack of 1 cup or so of the same veggies from dinner. I figure it can't hurt.

I've lost, on average, 1.8 lbs daily during the liquid portion. Down 2.2 from yesterday's weigh.

@

How did you choose it? I checked a bmi chart and figured what I needed to weigh to be in the normal category :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I did too... male 6' 4" they say between 189 and 199... that's essentially my goal. I'll probably cry the first time I get under 300 lbs, and who knows the reaction when I'm under 200!

I cannot honestly remember the last time I weighed anywhere near that. 2004 maybe?

October 28th is my surgery date. Start the pre op diet on 10/14. Excited, scared, anxious but overall looking forward to both the journey and results.

@Sleeveme61@robga999@Peekboo thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts & prayers on your surgeries tomorrow &Tuesday. Also thinking of the rest of you who are having your sugery this week. I'm not that tech savvy so didn't know how to add everyone.

YOU GUYS WILL DO GREAT things! Rock that sleeve!!!

Shmeyers

I get a bit confused at how these post come through but I think u were talking to me about the goal weight being the same as well as the height. :-) My surgeon came up with it although it make on the boarder of being overweight on the medical charts! If I make it to 140, I will try to get to 135.

Kathy

Thank you so much!

@@aSleeveStory

Wow! You are doing awesome. Good luck with everything. I have been on my pre-op diet since last Tuesday. I am allowed 2 shakes or a Quest bar and a dinner of meat and vegetables. I'm allowed sf pudding, Jello and popcicles. I can also have a piece of fruit if I feel weak. I have been eating an apple everyday. It helps a lot, but I'm thinking I should try and do without it since it has carbs and sugar. Since Tuesday, I have lost 7lbs. I didn't have to do any diet before this.

@@Peekboo

Yes, I was talking to you. :)

After a trip to emergency room I am back at it people turns out I got a infection due to the iv that rupture in my arm while in hospital I also had a uti and slight pneumonia

@@spelmanite10

Yuck! I sure hope you feel better soon. Will pray for you.