Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Hi!!!! I'm from Jersey and being sleeved on the 14th as well! Going to have procedure done at Valley with Dr. Schrope.

Hello and welcome! The 14th will be here soon! How's your pre-op going?

Whoops my have replied to wrong person but whatever to the new New Jersey person hello and welcome.

Started the pre-op liquid diet today. Actually - I did it during the day last week and then watched what I ate for dinner. It was so much different today knowing I HAD to do it instead of just doing it to get used to it. One more week! I'm ready to get on with this if only to move beyond the liquid diet!!!! How's everyone else holding up?

@@genniexfresh woo hoo! Great job keep up the good work

@@Kimberly_R

My date is October 13th. Week from today. Excited, nervous and a bit sad, really.

Why are you sad?

@@cantwait2014

I'm having surgery Oct 14th too!

Kathy812, I am not sure. My best guess is I am grieving the lifestyle I am about to give up. It sounds sick since the lifestyle I am giving up is unhealthy, painful and exhausting, but, there it is. I tend to process hard emotions before I take the plunge into anything new that is difficult. I am hoping my current sadness will make the post-op "What the heck was I thinking?" bit either non-existent or less severe.

@@Kimberly_R it actually doesn't sound sick. Pretty normal, I would guess. Life will be different but a good different. Truthfully, maybe not initially but hang in there. In time I trust you will be saying just that" what the heck was I thinking?"

Wishing you strength & positive thoughts in becoming the new you.

Kathy812, I am not sure. My best guess is I am grieving the lifestyle I am about to give up. It sounds sick since the lifestyle I am giving up is unhealthy, painful and exhausting, but, there it is. I tend to process hard emotions before I take the plunge into anything new that is difficult. I am hoping my current sadness will make the post-op "What the heck was I thinking?" bit either non-existent or less severe.

I'm right there with you!! I've been heavy since high school (32 now) and it's all I've ever known. It's all most people have ever known me as. Well, they will get used to the new me, and I will too!! ;)

I am thankful to have joined your discussion. I am scheduled for my surgery Oct 21st and start my post-op diet tomorrow. I'm from the far southwest burbs of Chicago. Looking for surgery buddies.

My date is October 13th. Week from today. Excited, nervous and a bit sad, really.

hey we're surgery date twins.

Gennie

OMG, that's incredible! How do you feel? What can you eat or drink now? I go in tomorrow!

Thanks love! I feel great! They cleared me to start drinking my Protein shakes today and continue with the Clear liquids .... I'm supposed to try and get 3 shakes a day and 64oz of liquids not counting shakes ... Also they said I can start with my Vitamins today. I've been sipping the same shake since 10am and just finished it maybe 10 min ago! It felt so freaking good to have something other than Clear Liquids but it took me forever to drink just 1.

Good luck tomorrow!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Edited by genniexfresh

Awesome job!!! Keep it up!! Also.... Where did you find that graphic at? That's neat!

Thanks for the love!!! If you go to ilostwhat.com you put ur name and pounds lost and it gives you cute little graphics!! Enjoy!

Edited by genniexfresh

I go on the 13th. One week from now at this time i should be all done. Crazy! My pre-op is 1200 calories. I'm hungry but not dying. Ready for the next step but starting to get nervous!

Pepsi was the hardest thing before surgery. Milk is the hardest part now, it is AMAZING the stuff you do not hear about before you have it done. Make sure you ask plenty of questions!!