Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@blondie45044

Wow you have done so well! Thanks for sharing with us. It helps to know people survive this lol. I have 4 days till surgery. I am getting pretty nervous.

@@AmyinNC

Glad you are doing so well. Thanks for the encouragement. 4 days to go. :)

Chellede, thank you for all the great work you've done on this forum. It is so greatly appreciated! Hope everyone is doing great. Day 3 of pre-op. Since mine is a 1200 calorie plan, I've been using The My Fitness Pal app. A great tool I plan on using post -op. Highly recommend. I have to admit, I am very, very nervous...i have had major surgeries before and have never been so nervous. just got to remember I'm saving my own life and giving me my life back... Anybody care to share any first goals? Mine is to be able to fit into a seat at the Verizon Center in DC. What's a first on your List?

My first goal is to be able to fly to Arizona with my sweetie for Thanksgiving. I've been avoiding airports because it's so hard to walk and I'm so uncomfortable sitting unless I spring for first class. I will be about one month out at that time, and I don't care about not being able to eat the food, I just want to go! We'll be having TG dinner at my cousin, and staying with my sweetie's kids. One lives in Phoenix, one in Tucson, and my cousin is in between.

OMG! I can so relate to the airport, I want to be able to walk to the and from the gate with out a wheelchair. Bet your Thanksgiving is going to be pretty special this year, sounds like a great plan!

Hello everyone! I wanted to check in and say Hello! I am one week post op (October1) and doing much better today. I have had very low energy this week. I am trying to listen to my body and rest while I can. I was having trouble swallowing the first few days after surgery because of my hernia repair but that is much better. I feel very hungry every so often but feel full when I drink Water or my Protein. I am going to have to learn that it is OK to "eat" often instead of overeating once or twice a day. Today, I tried about a tablespoon of refried Beans. I was nervous about what would happen but it actually went very well! I was so excited to have something that was not chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or "fruity" flavored! That has been challenging to me. My pre-op diet was liquids for 2 weeks as well. I am finishing up my last week of liquids and really looking forward to moving on to some new flavors!

I hope everyone is doing well!

So glad to hear from those who are a couple weeks out..you sound great, and the encouragement keeps me going. Only 4 days to go.

Saw my chiropractor today, see him regularly, and he decided to play 'devil's advocate' with me and give me all the reasons not to have the surgery. He's very nice...but also very THIN, and I finally (after a 20min discussion and telling me the complications of another patient with vertical sleeve) had to tell him he could never understand from an obese person's perspective how it is possible not to control what you eat...and that this conversation should not be going on with me at 4 days pre-op...especially since he knows I backed out of my lap band surgery 2 years ago, just 4 days before the surgery. I sat in the car and cried a bit, then read some of these posts, and reminded myself that this is the right thing to do...for ME, so I thank you all for that!

Way to go Leslie!! Your chiropractor must be great because it's obvious that you have one fine backbone!!!!! We must defend our right to do this. We shouldn't have to but it's just what we have to do. I decorated what I have yesterday in an effort to look nice when meeting my girl friends ( who are all smaller than me) to let them in on my plans. I started the conversation w/ if you can't be a positive support to me during what I'm about to go through then you may leave. They all stuck around and have promised to be supportive. I've got to be focused and I will speak up for myself as needed just like you!!

@@blondie45044 thanks for encouraging us! 116 pds lost in 10 months!!! That is phenom!!!!!!!!!

@@blondie45044

Wow you have done so well! Thanks for sharing with us. It helps to know people survive this lol. I have 4 days till surgery. I am getting pretty nervous.

me too getting nervous as the days count down.

@@Lesile65 good for you for putting an end to that conversation. Only positive thoughts & positive energy. You will do fine!

@@Lesile65

I'm sorry your chiropractor did that to you. It has to be your decision. You have to weigh all the pros and cons. For me, I know it is what I need to do. I am 4 days out also. I am nervous about the surgery and the recovery but I'm excited to be able to do all those things being over weight has stopped me from doing. I hope things go well for you. Prayers.

To those getting close to surgery please do not be nervous just be thrilled you are about to get a chance of becoming a new person. The goals your about to reach, are going to be something that really helps you to embrace life in a way you won't believe! Drink Protein drinks if you hungry in the days before surgery it really takes the edge off! Prayers and powerful thoughts coming your way! Surgery really was not bad at all, I did not use the pain medicine they offered or sent home and you can not even see where they did the surgery! Stay positive! You got this!!

Lisa

Hi, I'm having my surgery on 10/16/14. I'm having a hard time not eating, any suggestions?

Yes mam! I'm an addict. It's hard not to eat. I eat for fun...I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I see anything that resembles golden arches, a crown or a little red headed girl with pig tales...Honestly that's why I'm here. I can't do this alone. My give a damn is busted and I've never been able to perceive the concept of will power. I am looking at this as my chance to start over. My chance to retrain my brain....for my brain to learn to listen to my stomach. I reach for the potato chip like the smoker lights a cigarette or the gambler rolls the dice. It's swallowed before I even realized I picked it up. My best guess tells me it's gonna get harder before I'm done but we can do this. We are strong or we wouldn't be here. We have never been perfect and this procedure will not make us perfect. There is not a perfect person here. We are still human but we can do this. We can get past our moments of weakness and we are arming ourselves with an awesome tool to help us. Do not be hard on yourself when you feel this way. Instead know that you have an army of us here that will lend support. Good luck friend, you've go this!! :)