Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

I love that everyone who has had it done so far seems to be doing so well.

Didn't sleep much last night after getting my October 23 date it's kind of hard I don't have a lot of support just from the group's here my husband thinks that just because I lost weight before hand that I could just keep doing it he doesn't want to hear anything about the surgery my daughter said at your age I am 67 why would you do it so it is a struggle for me to stay positive with all the negative

I am starting to get emotional now feeling pretty much alone on this journey But the good news is already my A1C from my diabetes has dropped from 10.5 to 7.1 that is way I am doing this surgery to get healthly has anyone else started to get emotional as it gets closer food is my best friend

As our surgeries are quickly approaching, our emotions and thoughts get all revved up too. You have to focus on the positive and remember why you are doing this in the first place. Great job on improving your A1C levels!! That's exciting news! It'll keep getting better and better as time goes on. Keep it up and stay focused so you can achieve even more healthy milestones.

I'm more of a tough love, tell it like it is kind of person... so proceed with caution... food is NOT your best friend. Food is one factor that got us to where we are today. You are your best friend, if no one else is. You love yourself enough to make a positive choice to improve your life. I don't have much of a support system myself, but that's not going to stop me from being happy and doing what makes me happy. I have to live with and in my body, I have to drag this weight around, I have to deal with my health... not anyone else, so quite frankly, I don't care what someone else thinks or how they feel. All that matters is how I feel and how much better and healthier I will feel a year from now. Do this for you, let everything and everyone else around you fall into place as God sees fit.

We can do this and we WILL do this! We have each other and everyone on this site for support. So keep your head up and your weight down :) You've got this!

Edited by Jen - a work in progress

Chelle- looks like you are on top of things as usual !!

Kathy- Thanks for the compliment (Delta Dawn is super sweet) I've fooled another.LOL

Suturia- So nice to have another Sleeve Sister with the same surgery date.

Mona- I will message you so that we can get logistics worked out and perhaps meet in person

Jen, lindalue, & krimrod- We have a great support group here & I will support and help in any way that I can.

Susan M- We have connected through our pain which will hopefully make us stronger. I justlove you and you are gonna do fine!!

EVERYONE that has already been sleeved- Thank you all for the advice and calming words of experience and wisdom. You enable us to be as prepared as possible. I'm so glad that I found this place and have you all here!!!

Edited by Delta Dawn

Didn't sleep much last night after getting my October 23 date it's kind of hard I don't have a lot of support just from the group's here my husband thinks that just because I lost weight before hand that I could just keep doing it he doesn't want to hear anything about the surgery my daughter said at your age I am 67 why would you do it so it is a struggle for me to stay positive with all the negative

I am starting to get emotional now feeling pretty much alone on this journey But the good news is already my A1C from my diabetes has dropped from 10.5 to 7.1 that is way I am doing this surgery to get healthly has anyone else started to get emotional as it gets closer food is my best friend

I was having a lot of negative from people when I first started. My response to them was you either want me here for longer or you want to leave this earth earlier.. When my health is on the line everything else takes a back seat. My husband and kids finally support me in this. I made my husband and kids apart of my journey. My husband knows what I can and cannot eat he has taken over the grocery shopping and he cooks my meals 3 times a week. The kids go to the gym with me and work out.

I let them know I was going to get this done and I would rather have their support then having to find other people to support me through this.

Keep your head up and stay focus on the goal and the end result.... Better health!!!!

Finally sleeved 10/10

Congrats!! How you feeling?

@@Delta Dawn

Thank you! I feel like this is such a great support group!

Spelmanite

How are you doing now?

I think the hardest part will be the previous diet.

I think the hardest part will be the previous diet.

Sorry that should have read Pre-op

Sorry that should have read Pre-op

@trisey && @tardis76 HEY MY SURGERY TWINS!! lol trisey don't be nervous about that scale girl! I went to my post-op yesterday and was like OMG what if nothing has changed?! (Since I'm so use to that) and to my surprise I was down 21.5lbs ! They cleared me to have 3 shakes a day and 64oz of Water also to start my Vitamins ... Yesterday I took literally all day (10am-11pm) to finish 1 EAS shake and I didn't even get in a full bottle of Water .... Today I drank a full shake from 12:30pm till 2pm so that was a big jump and I've been getting a little more water in. They told me not to worry because just starting out we won't be able to jus into 3 full shakes and all that water .... So slowly but surely! Do you guys have Instagram or Facebook? !

@@genniexfresh Hey love,
I gotta become more consistent with my post. I'm in school as well trying to keep up with everyone is ...whoooa lol. But yay congrats on the droppage man! I got in the scale yesterday I'm down to 261.2 lbs. I haven't been that small since my son was born lol. My husband claims he's starting to notice it in my midsection. I can't seem to see though. It's been a little easier get the liquids down. My husband took our son and me to Luby' ... OMG I wanted eveything.. but instead I had some Soup and was full before he or my son even finished their chicken lol. He laughed. My husband is 5"11 210lbs on a bad day and he plays basketball all the time so weight has never been a problem for him. I find myself telling him that hey you don't need to eat that 3 meat burger get a salad.. Or I'm gonna be so small and your onna blow up lol I try not to moniter what he eats but its hard when I'm monitoring what I eat lol. I got some whey Protein and I actually like it... Blend it with some almond milk and ice and its like a shake. @tardis how you doing love? and yea i have both my email is triseworlds@gmail.com

Has anybody tried restrictive wear... I mean besides the socks they give you post op in hospital.. This lady at my doctors office had on this tight thingy I forget what its called but she says its helping her with her weight loss...