Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*APRIL* BANDITS May Challenge

All this talk about running is motivating me more and more. Please let me know how the Garmin works out for you Julie.. I am salivating as we speak!!

I had a good run this morning. Me and my husband rearranged our schedules and ran together after we dropped off the kids. Today for 45 minutes and it was fun!!! I love that I can keep up with him (he asked me to slow down at one point!!)

My scale hates me.. but who cares. I was up 2 lbs this weekend, but I too (Julie) know it is lying. My clothes are loser and I am getting in good shape so... that's the way it goes.

I will chat later!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/179/165

Exercise sessions this month= 20 sessions

Julie, that sounds like a great time to me! We walked to the movies - 2 miles in 45 minutes..............sure have us beat with that 66 min 6 miler!

That "d..." scale - I hate it - at this point it's such a strugle - our bodies are used to all this exercise............guess, when I get home from my trip I'll try upping to the next level (gulp)............sure glad I won't have to face the scale for 10 days when we're on our trip!

Dawn, happy to hear from you and that all is well.................your European trip sounds great! Have fun.

Boo - look how close to 24.9 BMI you are - you know what that means???? Normal weight for our Boo coming right up! Goooooooo Boo.

Did NIA this morning - an extra hard class and then a bit of a core class following, then ran out of steam...............home now washing clothes, cleaning house for the doggie sitter, and starting to pack.......still have a couple of days before we leave on Wed late - taking a red eye.

I changed my sig line - the Grammy Gold will have to wait for next month! Don't tell anyone!!! I will tho make the Grammy Bronze!

The scale is still in a foul mood this morning. I, however, am not. It's a gorgeous day in NYC, i have well planned out meals for the day and I'm getting a jump on the day -- already at the office working on my first 3 cups of Propel.

Have a good day all.

I ate too much yesterday! Nothing "bad" just too much volume! I was afraid this would happen after the unfill.............I'm still ok in the mornings/afternoon, however we went to a salad bar with our kids for dinner and I was wide open (trouble)! Molly, wasn't it you I told "just follow the rules, we can diet for a while"...................I'm a fraud! Gotta get back to my "instruction to others" for myself! I promise to you all to do this - I'm almost on vacation and need to come home at the same or a lower weight! OK, OK................I will follow the rules and measure out my food on a small plate in the evenings!

Speaking of - Alan and I are on our way walking our 3 miles to and fro Breakfast (where I am always a good bandster grammy!).

It's ok Betty I know how you feel. It is really hard, especially on a holiday weekend when there is lots of food sitting around, to pretend you have restriction. I ate too much, a burger and potato salad and Jello sallad oh and watermelon too. Yikes, not getting on the scale today, tomorrow at the surgeons office I won't have a choice but I will deal with it then. Today I am going on a job interview, yay :) Trying to break back into the world of work. I think a job will really help me lose weight. I won't be home around Snacks all day so I can't graze. And of course this fill should help a lot!!! Wish me luck today ladies :) It's only a temp agency but it has been so long since I've worked I have no strong references anymore, just 3 very weak ones. So here I go! A year ago I wouldn't have had the self esteem to walk into a job interview. I was too afraid no one would hire me because of my weight issue. Now today that doesn't worry me at all! Wow what an accomplishment :) Have a great day ladies. I won't be making my bronze goal this month, but I will be trying again next month :) One of these times I will get there!

Good luck on the job interview Molly!

Oh my gosh you running girls listen up! Alan has been having some hip issues and has been slowing down on our walks - not good for me. So today on our walk home from the breakfast walk I tried doing some 1 minute sprints every 3 or 4 minutes....................OK Julie what was that "getting into running" site/book you were talking about. I've had knee and ankle problems, but I'm in so much better shape today that I might give it a try???

Molly, Knock'em dead at your job interview and report back, ok? So exciting!

Betty, Cool Running :: running run training marathon runners jogging jogger joggers runner run fitness exercise diet weight loss nut... -- check out the "training" tab and the "couch to 3 mile" walk to run program. Even if your goal isn't to full on run, you can modify the program to be a walk-runner. There's also a guy named Jeff Galloway who writes books on walk/running. I've never read him but I hear he's good and you can check him out on Amazon, I'm sure.

Thanks for wishing me luck Betty and Julie ;) The interview went really well as did the testing they made me do. It is only a temp agency so I still need to wait and then interview for any individual company that I may be placed with for a temp to perm position, but this was a great first step! Tomorrow is my fill and I am so excited and relieved that I will finally have restriction again. I hate being able to eat! lol, never thought I'd say that!

Yea Molly!!! That's great! You're a wonderful asset to whatever lucky company hires you, whether on a temp or permanent basis. Woohoo!

Boy am I looking forward to a fresh start in June. I've done well with getting exercise this month, but I just can't seem to stick to a diet. As I sit here typing, I'm eating an order of spinach and cheese from the Indian restaurant I'd sworn off a couple of weeks ago. I've just GOT to get with it or I'm going to get really, really stuck here at 178, which I don't want to do. Grrrr at me!

I started the day well. I ate a bandster breakfast at about 10, stuck to the lunch I brought from home for lunch. Then I had a really stressful meeting at about 3 and by 4:30 I was eating Skittles from the vending machine and planning this dinner I'm eating right now. Grrr.

I just don't know what to do other than try again tomorrow and maybe have a plan for 4 p.m. when I'm most succeptible to "Skittles" attacks. Clearly I need stress relief about that time. Maybe I can take a fun magazine to work and go outside and read it for 15 minutes. Or, there are a million clothes stores on my block. Maybe I can spend 15 minutes trying on goal clothes every day around 4. Yeah, maybe that'll work. That and a LOT more Water. I only got in 3 glasses today.

No more excuses

OK - here goes my last post (probably - I might get one in before I leave) before vacation...................

Julie, just quickly I figured you lost about 80% +/- of your excess body weight and I lost about 65% +/- (some say what we can expect with the band - we've both exceeded that number) ...................and I think we both have it made at least to maintain at this weight - right? So, how do we get back that original umph? I don't know about you, but for me it's pretty easy at this point with the exercise I do and the way I eat to stay at this weight.................too easy and comfortable I guess which is nice for a change in my life...............to maintain and have it be easy! Never felt this way before. HOWEVER, I want more off and I know you do also! Got an idea - why don't we meet and talk about it?

See you Sunday!

The rest of you - have a great couple of weeks............keep moving those smaller butts...................I plan on walking the streets of the east coast..........maybe even getting in a sprint or two every few minutes!

I LOVE reading about all the successes and struggles. It makes me feel at home!

Last night, I started running again. The time was slower and I got winded easier, just from the change in activity over the last week! So I'm back into training mode!

I dropped quite a bit of weight this month, but get nervous that another plateau will hit. I can just feel that the 50's are here! Even though I'm one pound away, it seems like a giant wall to break through!

Betty, have a wonderful trip!

Betty and Julie, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell us all about your meeting in the city!

Newbies, join in! You should be pretty well healed now, and ready to work-out!

P.S. After running tonight, I've got tomorrow to barely make the gold!

This was tough to get the sessions all in!!

Wow, Boo, you're really ALMOST in the 50s. That's AMAZING! I can't wait for it to happen for you -- particularly as it puts you to the 50 lb lost mark as well. That's very special. Keep up the good work. Your return to running is sure to do the trick.

I did well on my food today until dinner. I avoided the 4 pm snacking madness, but had a work function for dinner. I'd planned on ordering a salad and that be it. Alas, since it was a dinner for 40, what I didn't kno was they'd set a fixed menu with 4 courses. Now no one force fed me, but when they set a course before you, it's harder to say no than if you have to affirmatively order it, you know? I didn't do SO badly -- I ate fish mostly and reasonable portions, but it wasn't a 1000 calorie day. Ugh.

Hello Ladies:-)

all my bags are packed and Im ready to go to Greece! Im flying out tomorrow at 5.a.m. that suck a bit but oh well:-)

I ate so much yesterday icecream and Cookies, oh well I will do better today:-)

Im planning on running while in Greece,just hope that after partying till the wee hours I will be able to do that..lol...

Have a great time be good and talk to you soon!

love Eva