Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*APRIL* BANDITS May Challenge

Has anyone heard from Kat??? I'm getting a little worried....4 days since she posted.

Amourette that is great! Another uniform size! YAY :P

Boo thanks for the words of encouragement and the happy mother's day :P

Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mom's :) I know we are about half and half, hehe.

Terri I worry about Kat too, I just keep telling myself "no news is good news".

Now for excersize!, Let's all hit the gym or the pavement tomorrow and start this week off right! I have some catching up to do after last week :)

Well, I'm back to "almost normal"........feeling pretty good again, the drippy nose is almost dry (TMI)............

Got to NIA yesterday, but this morning I stayed home to wash clothes and clean up after our gang from Sacramento's trip to visit this week-end.......................we had so much fun with all the kiddies...........had all 8 grandkids over most of the time..................I'm pooped, but with a happy Grammy glow! I now have to think about our trip to the east coast............getting excited about that!

Hope you all had a happy Mommies Day!

Will get back to being serious about exercise starting tomorrow......not sure if I'll be able to make the my goal this month, but I'll give it my all.

Hi everyone---Wow have I ever been having trouble connecting to any of you!!! Those whose home email I have, I tried to touch base.

I made a post last week saying we were going out of town for a couple of days or so, and when I went to post it, it said LBT was down for 15 minutes, but I had done it on a quick post, so when it failed to go through, I lost it!!! I never found time to redo it before we left.

As I told you guys, Rick has been so depressed---it has been a long year for him health wise, he has literally been dealing with it for a year tomorrow. So anyway, my friend Becky and I saw this flyer for these Red Bull Air Races. They were going to be in Monument Valley, Utah….about 150 160 miles from us, so we thought we would surprise the guys with tickets. Well they were happy, but they thought we should take the bikes (motorcycles) and camp out in the valley. I have been so overprotective of everything Rick has done, it was kind of a make or break moment….so off we rode. Thank You---whoever invented bungee cords!! We loaded the bikes with tents, sleeping bags, air mattresses, our clothes, lawn chairs (and while I am thanking unknown people----those folding chairs in a bag??? Thanks for them too!!!), everything on the bikes---and away we went! We got an awesome camp spot in Bluff, Utah. I don’t know if any of you are familiar with the Monument Valley, Utah area…but it is one of the most incredible landscapes ever to be seen!!! It is desert land, surrounded by bluff style mountains, but out in the middle of nowhere, out in the desert floor, up juts a huge rock formation---the likes of which are hard to describe. The rock is red, and it may be a globe balanced on a thin pillar, or a row of thin pillars, or perfectly square blocks of stone. The valleys are just as impressive, on the idea of the Grand Canyon, but they squiggle, and curve, with 1000+ foot drops. The stone variations visible as stripes in the stone. One of the rocks is called Mexican Hat, it looks like an upside down sombrero balanced on this thin piece of rock----how it has stayed there for years, without toppling over I have no idea!!

The air race took place in the bed of the valley, right in the center of the park. (Monument Valley while on the Navajo reservation is still a National Park) They have these huge pylon things made out of thin nylon, filled with air (they use similar things here at car lots etc. to draw attention) they are called gates. They are set up in different patterns, and the planes actually fly low to the valley floor, and have to fly with level wings through some of them, and then have to slalom, at a 90 degree angle, with their wings knife edge straight on other ones. Then they had to go up into a huge loop, flip right side back up and race over the finish line. And they do it flying hundreds of mph!!! When they finish their run, they would go into an aerobatic display, doing barrel rolls, flying inverted, hovering, free falling….amazing things!! Spectators sat on the hill sides (which is why we took the above mentioned lawn chairs!!!). Keeping in mind this is desert, and rattle snakes while rare around so much activity are not unheard of. Scorpions however they were having some problems with! And huge mountain boomer, collared lizards, that run on their hind legs----totally cool, but make me jump just the same!!! So anyway, there were 13 planes racing, one at a time, then they had brackets breaking down to get to a winner. The winner this time was from Hungary---the one Becky had picked. The one Rick picked actually clipped one of the pylons, and damaged his plane, and come way close to hitting the airport tower. The had huge jumbotron screens set up, so if the pilot had an in cockpit camera you could see him. When they went into the loop they were pulling 7+ G’s---it almost made your stomach turn watching them!!! They also had several para gliders---I would like to try that!!! It was totally awe inspiring! There were pilots from around the world, 2 of them from the USA. This race is one of 2 they do in the USA, the other I think is in San Diego. It is something we will make an effort to go back to again. And Rick had a blast. We took extra care keeping him cool and hydrated, but I tried not to be obvious over it !!!! You can see more about what I am meaning by how they race at the website www.redbullairrace.com . Anyway, by the time it was over, we settled in, had some dinner, let the crown disperse a bit---we were on loaded motorcycles, and stop and go traffic where no one seems to be watching for anyone but themselves, is scary! So we got home late, and then I had the family in for Mother’s Day, we grilled ribs. When they left---I simply collapsed! Then this morning, I got this post all ready, and I got a corrupted file notice every time I tried to log in to LBT. So hopefully at some point you will get this….I will be going back to read up on what everyone has been up to and make sure you are all ok.

Amazing how I missed hearing how you all were!!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Kat, it is good to hear from you. That was some trip! And your description created some fun vision in my head. At first I imagined a mattress and chairs all piled up behind you on your motorcycle! I was worried you would topple over from the wind. I had to go back and re-read it. HAHA. The aerial show sounds terrifying to me. I'm a scaredy-cat!!

Amourette, I'll PM you!

Hi to everybody! I've got my fingers crossed for a new low in the next few days. I have NEVER worked so hard to break through a plateau!!!

Hi Everyone,

Ihope all of you are okay. How are you Kat. Julie... I can't figure out how to send a private message anymore... but thanks... I am wearning my lovely 0 right now!!!! You are too sweet.

I had a good run on Saturday 6.4 km... I am getting there, but I was up a pound... who knows.

I hope you all of have a good week!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/179/179.. new goal 165

Exercise sessions this month = 11

Boo, your day is coming (the plateau break). Never you worry -- it's coming.

Dawn, you're very welcome and I'm glad you liked it.

Kat, no one in the history of time deserved some time away like you and Rick. I'm so glad you got out on the open road.

I'm home from Texas. Too much good food, too little exercise, but great times with friends and no weight gain. Tomorrow it's back to the WL grind. Emotionally, it's very hard for me to not be at work right now. I know I'll get attached to the new job once I'm there, but for the moment, I just miss my friends and the connection I felt working there. I feel unplugged. I'm trying not to eat my way through it.

Happy and healthy once more! Alan and I did our Tues walk this morning..................I got a bit "stuck" this week-end and continued to eat (wrong) and really irritated myself...........yesterday only was able to drink hot Clear liquids.......today a bit better.......got some liquid yogurt down and some thinned Soup...........I've done this a couple of times before and know I will be ok in a day or 2! I have a really tight fill and just have to be a bit more careful............chew, chew, chew, chew and not very much!!!!!!! One good thing...........got a bit lower on the scale!

Dawn, you are awesome! Julie, enjoy the down time...........soon, you'll be up to your ears in new work.............Kat, what fun!!!, Boo - you're about the same weight as me, but about a foot taller..........you must be a stick!!!

Betty- hahaha!! I feel like you are right on my tail!

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. It just can't be possible to consume 800 calories, run off 500-600 and NOT lose weight, can it?? So I am waging all-out WAR with the scale.

Wow, I just heard a wierd noise and looked out the window. There is a raccoon up on my trampoline.;) Yikes!

Julie, I can totally relate to your feelings towards your co-workers. I've been facing a similar decision and the connection with my friends at work has made it too difficult for me to leave. (I'm a softy) But you will form new relationships and you are strong!

Dawn, talk about strong! 6.4, huh? Now I have to do math to figure that out!!

Terri, Molly, Eficka, Amourette, Kat, and everybody that hasn't posted in a while, goodnight! Keep up the fight!

Has anyone heard from Tracy? Oh, Tracy!! Where are you??

I'm here, just struggling right now. Trying to get back on the bandwagon. Last week just totally wiped me out and stress over dh's ex and the kids and our oldest is a freshman in hs and is super smart aces all his tests but is getting a d in his block class because he didn't turn in his homework! ARGH! and our second to the oldes our 13yr old daughter informed us last week that she is failing several classes and that she will likely fail the 7th grade. I am beside myself, stressed to the max and feeling out of control. I totally pouch packed today, so tomorrow I will do liquids to try to undo any damage I did by packing it in today ;) and I NEED to get to the gym but every day something comes up and I say I'll go tomorrow. We all know that routine, but dang it's a tough merry-go-round to get off of. Sigh. I have been reading and keeping up with all of you, Kat I am so glad you and Rick got away and had some fun, much deserved and it sounds like you had a blast! Betty I am glad you are feeling better :( Julie I bet you will love your new job and the new team of peeps you'll be working with, transition is always hard but in the end it's usually worth it! Amourette it was good to hear from you :) Boo and Delta you both just rock! Keep up the awesome work you are doing. My scale hates me right now and I don't blame it one bit, it's all my fault for sticking crap down my throat but I am down from a size 26 to a 22! So I can't be doing too terrible, lol.

Hello all,

sorry I didnt post much but Im down that I cant excercise (cause of the antibiotics) I see you all are doing great!

Kat Im happy that you had a good trip with your hubby.

Waterlilly dont worry about your daughter, my sister almost failed her freshmen year at highschool and again the junior year and now shes studying university:-)

on 22nd I have my one year checkup so we will see. Im trying to eat well so hopefully I wont gain anything due to the fact that I cant excercise till the end of May.

Good luck to you all!

Love Eva

Wow, OK, so I got on the scale this morning and it says I gained NINE pounds on my 4 day vacation. Now, logically I know that can't be right. I did eat Mexican food at nearly every meal and I did drink a margarita or two (which isn't usually one of my vices), so it wouldn't shock me to gain maybe 2 lbs, but after all, it was only a 4 day vacation! Anyway, I'm going to drink a ton of Water, go to the gym and get back on my regular eating routine TODAY. I don't know how much of the 9 is real and how much is Water retention, etc., but it's not staying on me long in either event.

I came here to post about it for accountability.

I ran 3 miles at an 11 minute pace last night. My half marathon training officially starts in 2 weeks.

Take care, Julie

Julie, it's probably all that salt in the Mexican food - I'm sure it will fall right back off! When we meet in the city - it's Protein, veggies and maybe a little "healthy red wine" ok (we're so boring).

Eva - I'm no doctor, but can't you even walk with the antibiotics? I've never heard "no exercise because of antibiotics" - you must be taking a heavy duty one! Keep up you spirits tho, May is almost gone!

Boo - you can relax - my scale went back up a couple of pounds - I hate scales...............I was able to eat "normal" again and see what happened! I am a bit down in the tooth about how hard it is to lose at this point............anybody join me here????.............it seems I've reached the 65 - 75% loss of extra body weight (normal they say for WLS) and here I sit! Oh well, Alan just brought out a picture of me gardening a couple of summers ago - and it made me happy again........I guess a size 12 is pretty good for a Grammy who was a 3X a little over a year ago..........dear G.. (and my band), let me stay here forever and I'll be happy - I promise!

Off for our Thurs morning walk!

Hi everyone,

Betty... I am sure you look amazing... I am also sure that you will never be a size 3 X again. A size 12 sounds good to me!!!

Julie... 9 pounds is just your scales playing games. In 4 days it is just not really possible. What 1/2 marathon are you planning on doing? I finally signed up for the disney is January 2008. It will be tough, but I am determined.

I took the morning off and ran with my dh. It is the first time we have run together. We can (gulp) 8 k- which is 5 miles. It took me 63 minutes and 13 seconds... but I did it. So... I guess it can be done. My legs feel like rubber, but that is a good feeling.

I will weigh in tomorrow... so I'll let you know. The lower we get the harder it is!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/179/165

Total exercise sessions this month = 12 so far

Julie I am right there with you I am sitting at 279! Yikes 10lbs up it was 12lbs up yesterday. I know that we could not have gained that in fat in a matter of a few days, it's just not possible. Also my measurements haven't changed so I know I did gain that in fat, maybe a couple of pounds but not 10-12. I also know that with a little diligence that quickly gained weight leaves almost as quick. Next week we will be sitting pretty and feeling much better about our past week's endulgences.