Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*APRIL* BANDITS May Challenge

Don't panic!! That is why we have the ADJUSTABLE band? When I had an unfill, the weight just jumped back on. It was unreal! But after this last fill, I have come to know that satisfied feeling. My thoughts are not of food during the day, and am only reminded to eat when my stomach is hungry. It is a miracle!!

Give yourself an evaluation. How is your appetite? How is your exercise level? How is your attitude/stress level? I know this sounds weird, but I firmly believe that there is a connection between our spirits and bodies that cannot be calculated at this point. Do you need a fill? Or a kick in the rear? That scale is a kick in the rear to get going again.

My plateau started at Christmas. I worked so hard to meet a personal goal, then immediately leveled off about two pounds higher. My weight has just had gentle fluctuations since then...until the dreaded unfill. But now, I am back down to the lowest post-surgery weight. I was here for one day on Christmas! Now I completely intend to BARGE through the wall with such a terrific force that the barrier will shatter to pieces.

Yeah, the weight loss slows, but does not stop unless you give in! Even when the scale doesn't show victories, there are other rewards. Dawn running 5 miles is such a great accomplishment! Eficka has made terrific progress with her trainer and tempers her chocolate cravings. Kat and Betty survived life-threatening crises with grace and strength. Julie has enjoyed huge victories in the courtroom and prepares for a new professional chapter in her life. As painful as dating can be, Amourette AND Julie have taken the plunge, opened their hearts for the possibility of love, and put themselves "out there." My face, body and spirit are energized and I look forward to loving each day. There is no event that I miss due to wardrobe issues, and there are no old friends that I choose to avoid. My life is moving forward in an exciting adventure, rather than retreating to a place of shame and guilt. Molly, whatever set-backs you have faced, you are kind and giving. You are in the process, just as we ALL are, and will continue to be!

Thank you all for the honesty and inspiration to stick to the goals and be accountable! This is the ONE safe place for us to share our accomplishments and failures. We can all relate!!

Much love, BOO

Julie, it's probably all that salt in the Mexican food - I'm sure it will fall right back off! When we meet in the city - it's Protein, veggies and maybe a little "healthy red wine" ok (we're so boring).

Eva - I'm no doctor, but can't you even walk with the antibiotics? I've never heard "no exercise because of antibiotics" - you must be taking a heavy duty one! Keep up you spirits tho, May is almost gone!

Hi Guysis,

dont know if it is heavy duty:-) but it has to do something with heart (not that I have any heart disease)

Oh yep Im walking like 2-3miles a day, on my way to/from work butI pretty much dont count that as excercise (for myself) cause Im used to walking really fast and weightlifting with my trainer.But Im going on holiday 1st June to Greece Zakynthos and Im taking my sneakers and mp3 and Im planning to do a bit of running or fast walking on the beach:-)Cant wait:-)

Julie did you bring your scale with you or is it some different scale? Cause if it isnt the same you have at home it moght not weight the same way.Really you should weight yoursel only on one scale,so wait till you get home:-)I think its a nonsense that you would gain ´9pounds in 4days:-)

Love to all

Eva

Hey Boo,

Im getting a bit scared cause Im afraid Im again in the wrong realtionship with food, this time only on the other end:-)Im obsessed with food, I dont eat any carbs after like 3p.m. and if I do I feel really bad about it:-( I talked about it with my shrink, she told me that Im obssesed with food and that having a bread for dinner is completly normal and healthy.yep I guess I could agree but my brain doesnt:-)

well Im out there trying to find love too, but in reality guys like me, they are very attracted to me but mainly in a sexual way, as my friend says "you have that f**k in your face" and she means that Im desirable and sexy...sounds kinda good but lately the guys just want to sleep with me not date me...:-(and I need love not only sex...oh well

Boo thanks for the pep talk :)

Hang in there Eficka, the dating game is rough, I remember all too well. As for obsession with food, that is a hard thing to break. I admire your working so hard at it with your "shrink". I feel I may never have a healthy relationship with food but I will be thin and I will get my nutrients in even if I obsess about it.

Eva - I count everything, including walks!!! - Greece - what fun! Our friends left for France yesterday - the trip we were supposed to go on -----------before Alan had to have his surgery -------------a little sad, but happy to have my guy healthy again.........and we leave for the east coast on the 30th.........and I get to meet Julie and give her a hug!!!

Yesterday I did go on our walk to and fro Breakfast and then came home and worked in the yard for hours and hours..........the weather was 70ish, sunny and it just felt so good.........came in, took and shower and got in my jammies and vegged.............a great day!

Hi everyone just checking in :mad: Sigh this is not a good month for me weight loss wise or excersize wise. I've fallen flat on my face, somone smack me or something. I called for a fill and I have to wait for 2 weeks:mad: ! They are really backed up and booked out dang. That means I have to ge tthrough the holiday with less than perfect restriction. OK who am I kidding I can eat a whole big sandwich! Yikes not good. Next week I will excersize, I will!!!

Amourette - what is happening? Maybe we can help?

Molly - try "acting as if" - until you can get your fill............for me, at least for a little while, I can diet and act as if my band was there for me...........try just putting the "rules" to work...........like Protein, veggies first...........keep away from the white carbs..........I know that is why we got the band because we couldn't do this before - but, just tell yourself you only have to do this for a week or 2 and then the band will hopefully be there for you to help!..................

I've had a hard time getting back to my "normal" exercise routine after feeling like poopie for those couple of weeks..................I'm going to NIA this morning and have promised myself I will follow thru this coming week with my routine that I do love! Lazyness can settle in so fast - amazing isn't it? I feel so lethargic and blah and know it's because I've had these couple of weeks of "rest"! It's much easier when you are

"on a continuous roll".

Amourette,

I don't know you at all and I probably don't know the situation either, but I want to throw something out to you, which you can totally take or leave as you see fit -- no response is even necessary. Here goes -- do you think you might benefit from antidepressant medication (or a change in it, if you're on some already)? All I can tell you is that twice in my life I've taken them for short periods and it made ALL the difference in me being able to come out of the depression haze. I see you as being in that haze, though, I admit, I could be completely wrong as I only know you on the internet.

All,

Well, I'm back on track. I think this job change just has me really freaked out and I was trying to use food as my source of comfort again, when, as we all know, it doesn't really work anymore. I've not only seen the light, but come out of the food tunnel and am SO EXCITED to get it together and lose these last 40 lbs. Training for my 1/2 marathon is the perfect motivator and my official training starts in a week. This week, I'm speed training low miles (trying to run 3 ten minute miles). My goal is to consistently run 10 minute miles, so I'm trying to get the speed there before I add on the extra miles. I'm pretty close. I ran 10.5 minute miles very comfortably tonight with the last 1/3 mile at the 10 minute flat pace. While I was running, I couldn't help but think about where I was this time last year and how far I've come. This minor setback over the last week is NOTHING and I'm feeling good and strong going into my first day of work at the new job tomorrow.

And, I WILL meet the challenge this month. I'm looking forward to June. It's going to be a good weight loss month for me, I just know it, with all the training.

Hope yall had as nice of a weekend as I did. I was in the country with friends from my old job, which was cathartic and relaxing.

Have a good week, Julie

Julie - multiple good luck................with the new job, enjoy............with the great training month, enjoy..............with the loss of the last 40 lbs, yipee...................go Julie!

A broke the dreaded plateau!!! It has taken me five months, plus an eight pound gain thrown in there, but today marks a new low since being banded!

Eficka, I think we all can relate to what you are going through. Yesterday I felt guilty for putting some half and half in my tea. I'll eat half of a cup of food and think I overate. I'm not too worried about it because I still need to lose. (I've got reserves on me ready to kick in.) Talking to a counselor is a very smart move. I will work on that, too!

Amourette, I'm sorry you are struggling. You are NOT being a party pooper by being honest. This is definitely not a thread to only post victories. There is so much in life that gets in the way. Drama seems to find me. My role as a wife, mother and friend, is to help others with their problems, but I too often take on the pain and anguish. I feel hurt by the poor choices made and also feel I have to fix/save everyone. The running helps me to let go of the pain, fear, stress, and to clear my head. Where I have no power over the choices others make, I feel powerful when running. That is why I run with no earphones. I think through everything that is bothering me. And trust me, there is a lot swirling around in my heart, head and gut! That's why I have to run so far. It's as if I can let it out running instead of crying or eating.

But I also rely on anti-depressants and prayer. Something happened and suddenly, I found myself in a hole that I could not climb out of. I can't say that you are experiencing what I have been through, just adding that Julie's advice has applied to me.

I care about you. When you do get a flight here, I'll come see you.

Julie, use my time as a challenge! I think it was 10:33?? on the 5K. Now, there were some good hills, but I think you can probably beat my time in a matter of a few weeks. GO FOR IT!

Hugs to all!

Boo

Actually, I think it was less per mile, cause my time was 30:48 for the 3.1 miles. I'll let you divide that up. haha

Terri, wzup?

Got in a 4 mile run today. No time to talk. Too tired from the first day of work -- but to say that things went well overall.

Nite,

Feel energized - did my marathon gym day.........hour of NIA, 1/2 hour of core, and then another hour of strengh and conditioning! Back to being super buff grammy.

I've had a bit of a rough time with this last fill.............been having trouble eating solid foods............trying to wait it out........today was pretty good...........got thru the day and got some solids down..........I'm really reluctant to get an unfill............never had to do that before......usually in the beginning with the other fills I've had the same problems..........but, in a few weeks all settled down.........this time it's been a bit longer, but I think the past few days have been better........the only problem is that we're going on our trip to the east coast next week and I don't want to be in trouble............I'll decide before the end of the week if I need to drive up north to get a bit of an unfill.........

hello all:-)

was I whining that Im not losing? well actually I had my two months checkup and guess what.on scale I have lost 4,5kgs (9,9pounds) but actually I have lost 5kgs of pure fat (11pounds-amazing) and I gained 1kg of muscle! Im so happy and I was upset that Im not losing? am I crazy?