Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try using protien treatments in ur hair. I used them before surgery so im sure i will need them after surgery. Aphogee makes a good one........not trying to be offensive but i dont know how well it works on white peoples hair since im black and all.

Lol @ Vsgjourney! I just did an Aphogee Protein treatment yesterday! I have experienced hair loss a total of 4 times from my battle with weight loss; never knowing of course that it was related to deficient Protein intake.

The last time was the absolute worst. I waited for the growth to rebound, and what started growing back in left much to be desired. After crying for days about it, I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to start Rogaine for women. I've been using it faithfully twice per day for the last year, and after about 7 weeks of use, I saw a big difference. I'll have to use it for the rest of my life but it is worth it. I had lost practically my entire hairline.

Lol @ Vsgjourney! I just did an Aphogee Protein treatment yesterday! I have experienced hair loss a total of 4 times from my battle with weight loss; never knowing of course that it was related to deficient Protein intake.

The last time was the absolute worst. I waited for the growth to rebound, and what started growing back in left much to be desired. After crying for days about it, I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to start Rogaine for women. I've been using it faithfully twice per day for the last year, and after about 7 weeks of use, I saw a big difference. I'll have to use it for the rest of my life but it is worth it. I had lost practically my entire hairline.

Not happy reading this, such a bummer. It is my hairline also that is bad. Guess I am buying Rogaine.

LindafromFlorida, give it some time. I waited 2 months after it fell out to see what would grow back in. I had noticeable regrowth without the Rogaine but obvious Patches that did not come back. I started putting Rogaine on those spots and it's much better.

My hair is still thinner in the front and Rogaine hasn't cured the problem, but it's definitely helped and my hair has grown about 4 inches since I started using it. I haven't had a gastric sleeve but I am preparing. I have already bought some Remy just in case! Lol!

It is at least 2 1/2 months since the hair started coming out. I might wait one more month. Thanks! Good luck!

I'm feeling the same as all you guys are about the hair loss. For the first couple of months, I didn't notice any so I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. Unfortunately around the end of month two, it started falling out (I'm about 3.5 months out). Now every time I comb it, a bunch comes out. I've gotten to where I try not to brush it or wash it very often, but I start a job outside my home next week that's going to put an end to that.

Thankfully it's not coming out in clumps and I had a lot of hair, so it's not noticeable yet, but I'm beginning to get worried. I'm going to start taking Biotin and after reading some of your comments, I may start with Vitamin E and zinc. I really don't want to have to wear a wig. :(

I have horrible roots right now and need to get hair done. Freaking out that getting it done will increase hair loss! I'm 3 months post op and noticing more loss. What do u all think I should do?

@@Amy373, Ask your stylist if the Aphogee Protein treatment would work on your hair type. I've used the treatments many times over a 20 year period, as I've had my hair fall out a total of 5 times. Just horrible. The treatment really helps strengthen my hair and the shedding decreases significantly. Ultimately though, the only thing that will naturally help Hair loss to rebound is adequate daily protein intake, hydration, and time.

To answer your question.....I always avoided any chemical processes on my hair during times of shedding. I really don't know if it mattters or not, but I figured the chemicals could increase stress on my hair and cause more loss.

I'm six months out and been losing hair for a few months. It was weird at first how much would come out just from running my fingers through it. My hair is thick so no bald spots yet. I did cut it short. I'm over freaking out about it. Losing weight has been so great it's just part of the process. Fat cells hold estrogen so when your losing weight all those hormones are being released. I use nioxin Shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner is great on my curly hair. Most of my family and friends have long hair so I was disappointed I couldn't have that but most of them are on some crazy diets so I'm free from that. Last night I didn't rinse the tub and my son noticed the left over hair. He asked me if it was all going to fall out and was genuinely concerned. I told him ya it could its just part of the surgery but it will grow back. The hair I still have is healthier and growing faster than it did before so that's a good sign.

There is nothing you can do to stop it. It's going to happen. But it does stop. And it grows back. I have thick hair thank god but I'm losing a ton in the shower and when I brush. I went through it even with the band surgery back in 2009. But it did stop eventually after a 3-6 months.