Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Newbies with United Healthcare Choice plus

I saw my dr yesterday and started my 6 month dr supervised diet. This is required by my insurance. I have my bariatric seminar on 7/22. Does anyone know which weight insurance uses? Is it the first weigh in with PCP or first weight with Bariatric center?

I saw my dr yesterday and started my 6 month dr supervised diet. This is required by my insurance. I have my bariatric seminar on 7/22. Does anyone know which weight insurance uses? Is it the first weigh in with PCP or first weight with Bariatric center?

My 6 months started with the first visit to the bariatric center. But if you have documentation of weight monitoring etc with your pcp, sometimes that can be accepted.

Laynie

Thanks Laynie for your reply! I called the nurse at united today and ask her. She said that since my appt was only 1 week a part it wouldn't make a difference which weight they used. She said unless I was able to lose 30 lbs in a week, I would be fine regardless of which starting weight they used. This is so stressful. I see lot of post for bcbs. I was hope to start a form for people with united health care to share info & ask questions.

Hey everybody, my surgery is scheduled for August 20th. My paperwork is being sent to the insurance company today. I have Federal UHC mdipa. Please say a prayer for me that they approve the surgery. I'm praying it doesn't take any longer than a Couple of weeks. Sick to my stomach over this.

Soniaj fingers & toes crossed. Praying you get approved. Keep us posted!

I had United Health Care -choice plus. I had no other health issues other than being overweight. So the only reason I qualified was my bmi was over 40. ( I was told that if I was able to get under 40 during the 6 month supervised diet that UHC required. I would be denied coverage) Not telling you that is set in stone, but I was told that by more than a few people. Just follow the 'rules' and jump through the hoops and UHC will approve you. I started this journey 3 times, and got pissed off and quit the first two times. Due to the hoops and BS you have to jump through to get approved. Third time was a charm. I made a point to kiss butt, cross all my Tee's and dot the i's, be polite and follow their guidelines exactly as instructed. After my 6th visit with the NUT, paperwork was submitted, and approved in 18 days. Surgery was in early June, 49 days later I am 46 lbs lighter. No regrets except I wish I would of stuck with the plan the first time around.

My BMI is still over 40 and I have high blood pressure and sleep apnea. I was just given a cpap machine. I followed all their rules however they can be difficult. I'm just praying it goes through without any issues. Congrats on losing 46 lbs that's awesome. Keep up the good work and keep me in your prayers that I'm approved please.

Hi. I was on united and had a BMI of 36 and had issues with diabetes and blood pressure. After my six month supervised weight loss plan, my BMI was a little under 34. The lady that was handling my case told me as long as it didn't lose too much that I could be under a BMI of 35. After approval I began my pre-surgery diet and the weight started falling off. It was so stressful to get my approval, but for me all the stress was worth it and I'm just four weeks post-op. :)

Sending a prayer up for you.

Ladypullins, did u have UHC federal mdipa? Did they not approve the surgery or any of the test. I only had one hicup so far thank god and it was my sleep study test the wanted me to do a home study instead of having it done at the facility which was fine with me. I praying they approve my surgery especially since my last thing before the surgery is this Friday it's a anastasia test.

I'm praying all goes well for in Mexico lady pullings. I've read that a lot of people have had this surgery there.

Thank you mznewlife and ascott74. I need all the prayers I can get.

I have UHC signature HMO my while entire dept had the surgery w the same medical group and surgeon!? They didn't even want to give me a referral for the nutritionist? I'm like I pay my monthly premiums what's the issue if I qualify?