Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Group ?

Hi i think i kinda agree, i am awaiting to get my xray appointment through the post as i am currently 4 weeks after having my op, very frustrating ... Does anyone know if you can go anywhere else to get an xray and fills, even if it means paying to get the ball rolling quicker, even though i havent been discharged from THG... Its all frustrating cause its such a waiting game with The Hospital Group all i want to do is loss weight at the moment i could have gone to weight watchers...!!!

Hi

I found this site after I posted on Moneysave.com about The Hospital Group and the bad way they treat people if you say no. Some good advice here. Doing a quick search and its shocking just how other procedures are having the same.

The Hospital Group wont pay me back - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

A few weeks ago I went to a Cosmetic Company called The Hospital Group after reading about them in a magazine. The people at Dolan park just outside Birmingham were very nice if not over the top. With hindsight it was just the sales pitch I did ask to see pictures were operations had not gone as planed but they said they never had them. They were very enthusiastic in getting me to commit, at first I wanted to try another place but after I mentioned this they offered to take £500 off the costs. So silly me fell for it.redface.gif I then went for my consultation and again all went well and every one was very nice. I had to pay £500 up front before I left.

I got home and confided in a close friend about what I had done and this is were I desperately need advice from here.

When I told her I was going with The Hospital Group she informed me that they have a very bad reputation on the cosmetic surgery forums, so much so their company name is banned on one of the main sites. It was all to do with them making mistakes and not fulfilling their aftercare promise to rectify them. Something that the sales person at the hospital group was plugging more then the operation I wanted it self.

I went on these sites, the first one called So Feminine and it was true, the name is banned and girls who have been with them have nothing but bad comments to say about their treatment towards them after things went wrong. I went to another site called LYB and the same bad aftercare after paying for it.

The next day I called The Hospital Group and said I wanted to cancel as I was not happy about the bad things I had heard about them and their aftercare service. This is were the staff at the Hospital Group changed. The girl on the other end of the phone at first offered to take another £500 off the costs, that was now £1000 off the cost price just to keep me. However I still said no it was to risky to put myself through something were I was not 100% confident about. I told her I had read far to much negative stuff on the web sites and mentioned the fact that their name had been banned from one site. She was then very rude and said I would have to talk to one of the managers. In sort I was patronised by this man for reading the comments on the site and told it was just from other company's trying to steel their custom. I was then told I would not get my £500 back if I canalled so it was in my best intresets to go ahead with the operation.

I could not understand then as before I was offered £500 over the other £500 to stay.

Can they do this and how best can I get my £500 back. I did ask them if I could see pictures of the procedure I was going to have that had gone wrong but The Hospital Group only wanted to show me the good ones. Is this not negating in a duty of care in regards to not fully explaining the pros and cons of cosmatic operations by glossing the good stuff but paying lip service to the bad struff.

Again after reading more on the sites other girls are in the same position as me for doing the same.

Here is a link from a site run by an ex Dr about the company name ban http://harleystreetsecrets.com/ws/20.../forums-again/

Thanks for any helpml-thumb-spin2.gif

Kelly

links

the site that has banned the Hospital Groups name

Thank you for your messages and emails about our Cosmetic Surgery forum. Due to ongoing legal issues we have removed certain posts from the site. We would like to reassure you that the removal of posts does not reflect the views of soFeminine.co.uk and we apologise for any inconvenience caused

Discussion Board Cosmetic surgery - Discussion Boards Forums

even hair transplants

THE HOSPITAL GROUP - Topic By and for Hair loss Patients

Hi - this is my first post. I've lived in Harlow, now in Sydney. Banded 27 Jan 09, waiting for first fill next Tuesday.

I was recently banded with THG. Has anyone got any updates on their support groups in the northwest? Are lots of people still having bad experiences with them?

I was banded by THG sister company WGA 12mths ago and I can't fault my whole experience with them. The hospital and staff were amazing, I received all my apointments on time and had my discharge x-ray within the time scale. My only problem was going to Manchester Royal Infirmary for my discharge appointment, the hospital was disgusting and filthy, which is not WGA's fault as it is an NHS hospital. But hand on heart, I have no regrets with going with them, but I would now go with WLS Group as they charge the same as I paid and that includes 3yrs aftercare, my package had no aftercare and I have my fills done with WLS Group as they are cheaper and Wendy is fantastic.

Hi All

Just a quick update

I have not been on the site for so long as I had a baby 6 months ago and have been fortunate to have slipped off the weight loss treadmill for the past year!

I have now got to get back on the fight with the HG to see if I can at least get some results from the band that I had fitted!

Has anyone else any futher updates on any cases that they have taken legal?

Hi all

Just a quick update....................................................... I have found on the net a company called "Healthier Weight" who take on patients who are unhappy with their previous company and assist them on their weight loss journey. I am thinnking of going with them to make use of the very expensive piece of elastic I have around my tummy!!!!!

Has anyone heard anything about this company?

I would hate to go out of the frying pan into the fire?

Many thanks

I was banded with the Hospital Group on the 26th January 2010.

I started enquiring about my band on the 16th November 2009 via email and spoke to Emma Beech who was very responsive and answered all questions I had. She had a band herself and was able to give me a very personal perspective.

They had a special offer - if you are banded before the end of January 2010. The first consultation fee is £50.00 with them, and to book a procedure you need to pay a £1,000 deposit, the remainder of the balance will be due 2 weeks prior to the op.

My consultation date was 17th January 2010 with op date originally 24th January 2010.

My first consultation on the 17th January was an absolute nightmare and I was shocked. The consultant I saw was incredibly rude and I felt like I was herded in there and rushed back out again. On the same day I saw Emma Beech who I had been in contact with via email and she was very nice. But still, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyways, due to complications over my BMI, it meant my op couldn't be done on the 24th at Dolan Park (Emma told me they only have facilities for patients with BMI under 50 - ppl over that need intensive care).

She managed to "outsource" my op to Spire Hospital in Manchester (a 4 hr drive for me) which I didn't mind - I wanted it done before I went back to work on the 1st Feb. New date 26th January.

My surgeons name was (Mr Alan Li) who was absolutely fantastic.

I was asked to check in to the hospital at 7am but when we got there they weren't expecting me til 11am. It turns out I was 8th on a list of 9 patients so my father and I waited til 5.30 in the room til I went down. Not very pleased with that but since I suspect I was tagged on to his list at the last minute I could hardly complain.

The package I paid for "included 28 days aftercare" - and despite asking the Hospital Group exactly what this is - I haven't heard anything yet.

I was told twice that a nutritionist would contact me but nothing yet.

I have also asked whether there are any support groups in my area, and again have heard nothing.

Overall, I'd NOT RECOMMEND the Hospital Group if you are the sensitive type. I'd have liked to have been treated WAY better at first consultation considering the thousands I'd paid but wasn't, and since the op I would have felt abandoned if I wasn't the kind of person I am.

As it is, I am constantly researching lap band information wherever I can get it (you tube has been extremely helpful) and am just glad I got the op done.

Do not go with THG if you want your money's worth.

I say again though, my surgeon was extremely pleasant, informative and helpful, and NOT part of the Hospital Group.

My whole story to date is here.

Good luck with those looking for a surgeon - the only advice I can give is this:

Do your own research, do not rely on people to offer it.

Best wishes

Sam :thumbup:

Hi guys

I would post a message in regards to the Hospital Group and its piss poor record of letting people down who have paid out good money, only to find out you were not getting what you were led to believe in the glossy ads and you were paying for when things go wrong.

I was on a site called

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/forum/sh...c-surgery.html

On there if you post a negative comment about the Hospital Group the company complains and gets it took down. You then get a number of posters who try to harass you and make out your a fake posters for saying such nasty things about them then fill all the pages with how great the hospital Is bla bla bla.

A face book page is being set up for all people who have been effected by the Hospital Group and its treatment towards people who needed to rely on its poor aftercare

Call The Hospital Group ruined my nose. I think its some guy who had a nose job and suffered the same

Good luck and hope to hear from you on this important topic

Hi all,

I have read all your coments about the Hospital group and am now worried as I have my op with them on saturday.

They have been really nice to me and up to now I have had no problem.

I live in Hampshire so there is a clinic near me that I can have my fills at hopefully (after the first one)

I have a deal with up to 6 fills over 2 years..... so fingers crossed I will be ok.

My co-ordinator was a girl called Rachel..... who is ok ish..... very sales patter, but to be honest I would rather they leave me alone and not be in my face all the time. However I am hoping that the after care is better than you have all had.

Any advice for me? as like you guys I am past the point of cancelling.......

kgvic,

Whilst I have the biggest problems with THG and the service they DONT provide, my surgeon was faultless.

My advice would be to go ahead with your surgery, and start looking elsewhere for aftercare, THG are absolutely AWFUL returning calls, booking appointments and generally responding.

p.s. I am in Hampshire too, Andover. :thumbup:

Hi all I had my band done by the Hospital group on Saturday and found the Hospital really good. The support has been amazing and to tell you the truth with a band YOU have to do the work and decide what is best to put in your own mouth. I am a diet expert.... that is why I am obese and needed a band as I had done all the diets on this earth and can tell you anything you need to know about what is good for you and what isnt. I am fighting my own demons and only I can beat them.

I am a very organsed person and have already looked into and set out my diet plans for the coming weeks. I was given a lot of information before and after by the Hospital group on what to do and what not to eat, plus I would like to point out everytime I have called THG I have been able to speak to someone.

I am really sorry you have experienced a bad time from THG but I feel I need to give you my take on the clinic and so far it has been good. Maybe they have improved their service based on poor feedback.

I hope you are all getting over your ops and have found a way to overcome the obsticales. I am looking forward to the rest of my life. I have already lost two stone. A stone and a half before and half a stone since Saturday. I am following the plans given to me and look forward to my first in fill.

This post has not been put on to mock or disbelieve what you have all writtern but just to let all know that there are people that are happy with the service.

Regards :rolleyes:

I had my surgery on the 12th June at Dolan Park. I was treated brilliantly. Mr Alan Li the surgeon was fantastic and very patient orientated. I too have been given all the information needed with regards to post-op diets. I have my xray and first fill appointment already scheduled. I have read peoples experiences of THG with interest because thus far I cannot fault THG. I hope it is a case that they have taken aboard the feedback and are trying to sort their image and service out. It is good to read that someone else too has had a positive experience.:thumbup:

Hi, I had my op on 18th Feb at Dolan Park, my room was very noisy as it was by the nurses station but apart from that I found the staff very attentive and friendly. I had my xray fill in Droitwich on time and have had 5 band fills, I had no problems getting appointments for fills and get regular dietician appointments with out any problems. The dieticians are not oracles and can only suggest, please remember we are all different with different needs and requirements, what works for one does not always work for others. I was very supprised to read so many negative comments about the THG. I am very pleased with the after service I had got what it said on the can.

Katieph