Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 6 same with the Protein and veggies with lunch and dinner that's it. We can but extract for flavor also sugar free Torani 1 tablespoon.

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for September 8th and I started my second week of the pre-op diet. I am on nothing but liquids now. Three shakes a day and at least 2 liters of Water a day. I think I am going to float away. :)

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for September 8th and I started my second week of the pre-op diet. I am on nothing but liquids now. Three shakes a day and at least 2 liters of Water a day. I think I am going to float away. :)

Hi miller1221

I am on my third and last week before surgery :) I am also on the 8th and I have to drink Optifast 4 shakes a day , works well so far.

We have a group for sleevers who all have surgery on the 8th. Why don't you join :)

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/317874-september-8-sleeves-thread/page-4#entry3589747

Hi Katrina,

My surgery date is also Sept. 2.

Hey Everyone!

My name is Katarina, I'm 26 and I live in Minnesota! Just met with my surgeon today to schedule my VSG! I chose Tuesday, September 2nd, the day after Labor Day! My pre-op liquid diet starts Saturday, August 23rd. Wondering if anyone else is having surgery on or around this date? I would LOVE to have a surgery buddy! Someone who is going through what I am, when I am, so we can help each other out! Also, if anyone has an Instagram, my user name is liberianne_gal. I follow tons of amazing men and women who have went through Weight Loss Surgery and have fantastic stories! Can't wait to create my own!

Hope to talk to some of you soon!

Katarina :D

Hi Katarina, I just registered for this forum and just figured out how to reply directly to a post . lol. My date is the same as yours (tomorrow) yikes !! I am a very self concious person sometimes and have not told anyone but my husband about the surgery. I would love to have a buddy so that I have someone to talk to about this.

Is your liquid diet the same as mine? That's fantastic that you lost 50 lbs. before your surgery. You have a really good start! Good luck.

My diet is going to be 4 Protein Shakes a day and the rest fluids and then the 3 days before surgery clear fluids only. I really want to move up my surgery, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Hi Everyone - My sleeve is set for Sept 16 and I just started my liquid diet today. Wondering if everyone's is the same. 4 Protein drinks/day (minimum 16 grms. of whey Protein, under 150 calories, about 10 1/2 oz./SF Jello, SF popsicles, broth, and all kinds of green veggies - raw or cooked, no oils. If yours are the same - what brands of whey protein are you having? My doctor's office is closed today, but does anyone know if you can have different flavors of extracts - like banana, vanilla, etc? I'm in Michigan and Dr. Matthew Weiner is my doctor. So far, I have had one shake - the unjury vanilla mixed with almond mile - unsweetened vanilla. Not bad. Yes, it is great to have support, since we're all around the same time. I wish all of you good luck (including myself)!

My surgery is also on the 16th! I'm starting the diet tomorrow :)

I'm obsessed with Dr. Weiner's informative videos on YouTube. I purchased his book as well. It sounds like you are great hands. Best wishes with your surgery. Shannon MacDallas, Texas

Im super excited but nervous. I start my clear liquid diet and Miralax prep tomorrow and surgery weds! I hope everything goes ok as planned. I did cheat on the 2 week diet with chicken breast and veggies but did do the Soup, shakes, sugar free Jello, and increased my Water intake dramatically! I haven't lost much weight though but have lost some. I think its because I was taking in to much Protein (or constipation...I know TMI)... Good luck to all the Sep 3rd surgeries!

Edited by krystle042004

Hi Everyone - My sleeve is set for Sept 16 and I just started my liquid diet today. Wondering if everyone's is the same. 4 Protein drinks/day (minimum 16 grms. of Whey Protein, under 150 calories, about 10 1/2 oz./SF Jello, SF popsicles, broth, and all kinds of green veggies - raw or cooked, no oils. If yours are the same - what brands of whey protein are you having? My doctor's office is closed today, but does anyone know if you can have different flavors of extracts - like banana, vanilla, etc? I'm in Michigan and Dr. Matthew Weiner is my doctor. So far, I have had one shake - the unjury vanilla mixed with almond mile - unsweetened vanilla. Not bad. Yes, it is great to have support, since we're all around the same time. I wish all of you good luck (including myself)!

Hi What part of MI are you from? Im in the West Michigan Area (Muskegon to be exact)

Surgery tomorrow at 730!

Hi, I'm Jerry and I'm scheduled for my VSG a week from today, on September 9th!

I was originally scheduled to get sleeved last year in December, but my insurance at the time (UHC) denied me because, as I say, "I wasn't fat enough for long enough". The policy my employer had through them had a special clause that required I have a BMI over 40 documented for 5 years -- and, unfortunately :) I had dropped below that 4 years ago during a doctor visit (it was like 39.8 at that time). Luckily, I changed jobs later in December and my new insurance, Aetna, is covering it without a problem.

Frankly, the timing worked out great -- had I done the surgery last year, I would have been starting the new job almost immediately after the 2 week recovery. Also, as it turned out, my brother passed away the morning I would have been scheduled for surgery, so it was all meant to be.

I've got that combination of being a bit nervous, but also very excited. I think my nervousness is more about the recovery time, I want to get back to my regular schedule ASAP.

My journey into this has taken many years. My brother had bypass surgery in 2002 and had an amazing weight loss -- he was over 450lbs, and lost about 180lbs the first year. Although I wasn't that big (I was taller, and was at 325 at the time), I knew I had to do something, but I went with serious diet and exercise at the time. That transition did get me into the healthy habit of regular exercise, which I continue to this day. However, not changing my eating pattern has caught up with me. I'm now back where I was in 2002, even though I exercise 6 days a week. My body has adapted, and I don't put out the effort I did back when I started. I also used the fact that I exercise so much as an excuse to overeat, and to tell myself I need more than anyone else my size. My doctor encouraged me to look at this as an option for the past 3 or 4 years, seeing that I had the exercise part down, but was gradually gaining weight and developing co-morbidities that come with the territory. Last year, I finally came to the conclusion that I needed the help that the surgery could offer me and decided to go for it. I know that the sleeve will get me back into a healthy eating pattern, so for that I'm excited and hopeful!

Jerry

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:18077]

Edited by JerMcBear

Hi there, I pretty close, too. Surg on 16th. Started my 2 wk liquid diet today-so far, so good! Meet with my surgeon again on the 12th & have leg scan (I assume for clots). Nervous but excitedat the same time. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FINALLY DOING THIS!

Hello,

My surgery is scheduled Sept. 23rd. I am excited and nervous at the same time however I just keep thinking of the positive! I have a friend who had the surgery and she is doing a great job! She's my inspiration and also lends a big hand when my brain spits a million questions out! Keep in touch to let us know how your journey goes!

Best of Luck!