Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today is day 2 of my pre op liquid diet and the right side of my head is killing me...I'm drinking lots of Water and sticking to my Protein Drinks but man this is miserable! I have three more days of this until surgery (that's my mantra to push thru it) counting down but miserable

Were you a heavy caffeine drinker? If so, it's probably a withdrawal headache. Maybe you can try lying down with a cool washcloth on your face or take a nap in a very dark, cool room?

Sorry you're suffering!

AuntieRose....

I am literally feeling your pain. I started my liquid diet Monday...woke up Tuesday with a migraine...still had it Wednesday and it is starting to go away today (at least it's bearable). They say the first three days are the hardest....I believe it! This sucks....but it is worth it in the end!

I had already cut my caffein so I'm thinking the headache is from such a drop on calories. I've been keeping an ice pack on and off of the back of my neck and that seems to help...hopefully it's only the first three days! In due to start my period tomorrow (not great planning to be on my period for surgery) but I just keep focusing on the countdown . Thank u for the encouragement ladies!!!

So today is day 2 of my pre op liquid diet and the right side of my head is killing me...I'm drinking lots of Water and sticking to my Protein drinks but man this is miserable! I have three more days of this until surgery (that's my mantra to push thru it) counting down but miserable

I had this horribly! I was a heavy caffine drinker and had to trick my brain. I have started drinking tea with no sugar but splenda instead. Still a very small amount of caffine....but not enough to matter at all. I just use 3 family size bags and add 3/4 c splebda to a gallon. Barely sweet but takes the headache away. Hope it works for u.

I had this horribly! I was a heavy caffine drinker and had to trick my brain. I have started drinking tea with no sugar but splenda instead. Still a very small amount of caffine....but not enough to matter at all. I just use 3 family size bags and add 3/4 c splebda to a gallon. Barely sweet but takes the headache away. Hope it works for u.

Thanks!!! I will try anything :)

Thanks!!! I will try anything :)

If u try it....let me know if it worked as well for u. Once u get used to a weaker caffeine intake... then u can switch to Decaf if thats what ur dr advised. I know now that I am drinking tea....I can go to my MILs house and drunk her decaf and never feel the effects of it. :) personal victory!

I drank iced tea and it definitely helped with the headache...hoping to keep it away :) I only have 70 hours to go until my surgery (counting down seems to help me get through being hungry)

70 hours??? GOOD LUCK AntieRose...

Thanks Dawnakers my surgery is Monday at 7:30 am :)

I had it on the second day too. I talked to the dietician about it the other day and she said it is normal and it is the body resetting itself. Having something to do with metabolism....