Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes

Does anyone have any Protein shakes that they particulrily like, and where did you buy it? I'm looking for one that tastes good and doesn't need a blender to mix it. I would like one that tastes just like chocolate milk:) Has anyone found anything that I'm describing? Okay it doesn't have to taste JUST like chocolate milk, but it has to be somewhat pleasant.:biggrin1:

Please Canadians only..... I don't want to pay extra shipping for it to come from the USA (I know I'm cheap, but the sites I was going to was an extra $25 USD for shipping:faint: )

give www.unjury.com a try. It's not bad.... it comes in Unflavoured also, which is nice. Of all I've tasted, I'd pick this up first! It still has a Protein shake taste... I suspect they always will.

Shipping is cheap, just hope you don't get busted at customs. I did... not cool. They have samples (for a cost), so you can try 'em out first.

(it's tricky, when you place your order, there's no "Canada"/provinces or postal codes area, so I ended up having to make up a US address, and email them my correct address. They're really cool and nice, and helpful about everything.)

I'm not a Canadian, but I used he search function and found quite a few threads about this same question. I'm going to list a few of them that had quite a few posts on each thread, I would espect that somewhere in these you could find a good one that you can get in Canada. I know a few of the posters are in Australia, so it's not all US listings, I hope this helps and good luck finding one you like. I think everyone's tastes are very different and what I like, you may not and vice versa:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=33663

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31578

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=28682

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31937

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31915

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=28161

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=27577

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=30463

Danged spelling errors, and the edit feature is messed up! I think you understand what I'm trying to say, though. I hope these will help you find something! :)

I didn't have a clue what kind to buy either. I walked up to my local drugstore, which happens to have a health food section. By a stroke of luck, a girl was demonstrating this Protein drink product, and was able to give me lots of information about all kinds of Protein drinks.

I bought InterACTIVE whey - in two flavours, Bavarian chocolate Mousse and vanilla Clouds. Takes very good. Like a milkshake.

It does mix better in a blender however, but you probably could get a good result just shaking it in a jar. Add the milk first.

There are 2 that I am using right now. Why 2 you say?

Right after my surgery I was using NxCare IsoXP whey isolate which was pretty good taste, maybe a little sweet but had a whopping 45 grams protien per serving, this was before adding milk about 60g by the time the milk was added. That is really too much protien for the body to absorb at one shot, but I liked it. It is pricey, but I really think it helped me with putting on lean muscle mass as measured by my last body analysis (6kg).

I also ordered some of my old standby that I used when I was buff in University, Optimum Nutrition Classic (Whey blend). It was on wicked sale, I got 5lbs for $26.99.

I started to use the Optimum after I finished my last jar of IsoXp, but it started to give me gas so I had to go back to the IsoXP which is pretty pricey at 40.00/2.5lbs

This week I have started to mix the 2 together to make 1 serving to see if the gas goes away. I want to use the Optimum but the gas was too much so hopefully the 2 mixed together will work. With mixing the 2 in milk I am getting about 45-50 grams of protien for Breakfast.

Since you are in Edmonton, I would recommend going to the Popeye's chain of supplement stores. Ask the person working there for a low/zero carb protien shake that mixes well. They may even have some samples they can give you.

You can also order off the website http://www.supplementscanada.com/. They will send you a free T-shirt (Fruit of the loom), samples, and some other crap too so that is nice.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Andrew

Becca,

As the boys (Gaffer and Alex) stated above best thing to do is go to a supplement store GNC/Popeyes or a Diabetic Shop. Popeyes is all over edmonton. If you go to the store at least you can try the samples and not be a slave to internet shipping or customs.

I am trying to wean my self off the Protein supplements and go natural with tuna, chicken or prarie oysters.

good luck

CanadianMacDaddy

I found it!!!! Matrix 5.0- chocolate flavored by Syntrax. Absolutely delicious, I could definately tolerate this on a day to day basis:) .

I guess all the flavors are supposed to be good and they even come in juice flavors. $56 at Popeyes.

:)

Superstore sells a whey powder called Dynawhey. It mixes easily and comes in Strawberry-Kiwi and Chocolate-banana. It has zero carbs and 30 grams of Protein per scoop.

The beauty of this stuff is, is that it's cold processed whey which means that if you take a selenium tab with it you get maximum glutathione production. And remember, glutathione is kind of like the master antioxidant.

It costs about $26 dollars for about 30 scoops worth.

I just tried a GNC brand of Protein called ISO BURST in both chocolate and vanilla. It was very good. If any of you have had those flavours in the Unjury brand it rates rite up there. 40 gr of protein per cup but I will half that for my supplementing cuz I want real food too. Only 1 carb and I forgot how many calories. GNC will give you samples to try and even if you buy the whole tub and hate it gnc will take it back. Easier to ask for a sample though.

I just tried a GNC brand of Protein called ISO BURST in both chocolate and vanilla. It was very good. If any of you have had those flavours in the unjury brand it rates rite up there. 40 gr of Protein per cup but I will half that for my supplementing cuz I want real food too. Only 1 carb and I forgot how many calories. GNC will give you samples to try and even if you buy the whole tub and hate it gnc will take it back. Easier to ask for a sample though.

Donna...where are you?? Our local GNC's dont give samples??

I am in the Pickering, Ajax area and Pickering Town centre gave me the iso burst sample and Harwood gave me another one made by strike. I only liked the chocolate of that one but the girl there said it was actually better for you than isoburst because it protected the muscle and released fat. Call ahead if you don't want to waste time asking for samples