Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dissapointing Reschedule

So I was all scheduled to be sleeved on 7/14. This morning I get a call from my surgeons office telling me that they scheduled to many surgeries on 7/14 and I needed to be rescheduled to 7/21. Who picked the name that got rescheduled and why was it mine? I had already had everything straight with my job, as far as the time I am taking off and gotten the kids situated away for a few recovery days. UUUGGGHHHH!!!!

Well now the issue comes in that my job is most intense at the beginning and end of the month. I would really be trying to rush my recovery to get back to work by 7/28. My husband told me to just move the time and allow my job to figure out the coverage. Makes sense but I would hate to leave them hanging. The scheduling coordinator told me that whichever date I chose she would make sure I was first on that date. I called her back and scheduled for the 21st. My boss was supportive of the change he told me not to worry and he thinks I am having my gall bladder removed bc one of my co-workers asked me why I was taking time off in front of my boss. I got uncomfortable and that was my response... I know smh!!

Thanks for listening/reading!

Awe, man! That sucks! I'm sorry that you had to reschedule and push things back a week, but it's awesome that your boss is understanding of the change. And I'm using the same excuse as you--gall bladder surgery.

that sucks!!!…

mines thusday the 8th..they better call me with the time to be there an not to be rescheduling! my hubs had only 1 vacation day left after using 2 VD's a few weeks ago an then it got cancelled so now he has 1 an took off wed...we will NOT be happy campers if this happens again. Its awful when they do that to ppl after getting all arraingments made in advance. I let them no aat the last reschedule about the waisted vacation time he took. Ill be waiting tomoro!!

Good luck. And nosy co-workers much? Sheesh! Whenever someone gets all up in your business like that I like to use female issues if the person is a man or intestinal issues as an excuse because no one wants to know about your bowel issues and dudes freak out over period problems.

I had the opposite issue you did - my surgeon's office called me and wanted to move my surgery up from 5/5 to 4/30. 4/30 is my wedding anniversary so I politely declined. I think that no one was scheduled for that day at all. As it was I was first on the docket for 5/5!

<p><sub>Awe, man! That sucks! I'm sorry that you had to reschedule and push things back a week, but it's awesome that your boss is understanding of the change. And I'm using the same excuse as you--gall bladder surgery. </sub></p>

It's great to have an understanding boss but the real schedule still has me a bit down. Thanks for your post.

<p>Good luck.&nbsp; And nosy co-workers much?&nbsp; Sheesh!&nbsp; Whenever someone gets all up in your business like that I like to use female issues if the person is a man or intestinal issues as an excuse because no one wants to know about your bowel issues and dudes freak out over period problems.&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>I had the opposite issue you did - my surgeon's office called me and wanted to move my surgery up from 5/5 to 4/30.&nbsp; 4/30 is my wedding anniversary so I politely declined.&nbsp; I think that no one was scheduled for that day at all.&nbsp; As it was I was first on the docket for 5/5!</p>

The worst thing about this was, today we went for pre op group where we all got together with nutritionist and nurse from hospital. So a man walked in they scheduled him for a gastric bypass on 7/14 my original date with MY surgeon. I was so upset. Then they said the scheduler for my doctor was not there so there was no one for e to speak to :(.

Anyhow, I guess I will use this time to gather my thoughts and focus on pre op diet.

Thanks for all the support.