Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my band on June 16th

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and join the group.

I am 7 days post op and things are going good so far. I still have pain in my shoulders from the gas, but overall feeling ok. I am on full liquids and it's not really too bad. I get full easily enough. I do have to work on drinking more Water, although I've been drinking sugar free iced tea. I totally miss my diet dr. pepper though. That's going to be a hard one for me, giving up soda. I have one more week until I can eat mushie food and can't wait to be able to actually chew on something.

So anyways, hi! I hope to get to know you all so we can really support each other on this journey. I have a few people that know I've had the surgery, but it's always better to be able to talk to people going through similar experiences.

Congrats on getting to the stage you are in. I am scheduled for surgery the 27th and am glad but still a tiny bit shaky. I have done very well on pre surgery diet and average a pound a day. No cheating but I, like you, can't wait to actually chew something. I am not hungry, just want to taste something other than liquid all the time.

I have had to make myself learn to drink more. I am getting about 32 to 40 oz a day now and for me that is a lot. Before this if I got down 16oz of anything in a day it was unusual.

Hang in there, I am following right behind you just as there are many right ahead also.

this blog has been a great source of inspiration for me and I am thankful for it.

Good luck as you continue your journey.

Connie

Something that dawned on me today was this. I've been doing a 500 calorie fast 3 days a week and I've rediscovered what it feels like to be truly hungry. There's a big difference between hunger and cravings. Those cravings we have for Dr. Pepper, chips, ice cream, Cookies are not the same hunger cravings we have when we're truly hungry.

My point is this. Remember what it feels like to be hungry, very hungry and use that memory as a tool when those 9 pm blues are whispering "microwave popcorn is so easy"!! :rolleyes:

Hi my name is romana

I had my surgery on the 20th June

So on my liquid diet. I feel I have lost my appetite and not drinking enough, still in abit of pain and wind and heart burn doesn't seem to go away.

Hoping it will get better

I'm glad I found this forum, I'm sure we can learn from each other

Congrats, I was banded on April 29th, and it

Has been wonderful. I try to do everything that my physician has instructed and so far no issues. I have only had one fill, which was not bad at all. This forum is wonderful!

Apryl- Good luck on your surgery. I'm sure it will go smoothly. As for the chewing, someone suggested making freezer pops out of crystal lite. I'm going to try it to see if it helps. I think that's something that you'll be able to have now and even right after surgery. I'll be following you to see how things go so we can offer support to one another.

2muchfun- Yea, I know it's more of a habit/craving thing and not something I'm truly hungry for. I've got so many old habits to break. I'm really hoping this is the tool to help me. Don't worry, I won't give in to those old habits because I am truly committed to getting this weight off for good. I quit smoking cold turkey 13 years ago, and if I did not give in to those cravings again back then, than surely I can fight these cravings. Thank you for your support. I hope you'll keep following me and continuing to give helpful advice as I face more challenges.

romana- Did your dr give you something for the heartburn? If not, you can get nexium over the counter. I would try that. The wind is never ending for me too unfortunately...lol. I am not liking that part. The pain will ease in time. Mine is so much better now. I look forward to learning this process with you.

Sansanx3- Thank you. I hope you lose all the weight wo want to. You're definitely off to a good start.