Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Head Hunger driving me insane

Ok so I'm still 5 months away from surgery, but I'm on the liver reduction diet.I'm going thru right now because I constantly want to eat.everything I'm not supposed to have I'm craving, and I'm not doing the best with fighting the temptation.any one else???

I was put on my liver shrink diet on March 3rd. I did give in a few times. I have lost 25 pounds. Now I am 3 days away from surgery and I am all freaked out that my liver shrink diet has not worked. I don't know if could make it on the 6 month diet, but I would certainly give it a good try.

I am going to keep trying tho.I always give up on me, but I'm going to fight for me this time

You are fighting for good health. No one said it was going to be easy, but it has a real good reward in the end.

I am one year post surgery on Wednesday. Head hunger does not get easier with time. food is everywhere! Almost every social situation involves food. Learning to manage it now will help you so much as time goes on. You don't need to be perfect, you just need to make progress. Keep at it! Your health is worth it!!

But you need to know that after your surgery it is much easier to control your head hunger. Right now it is a roaring lion for you, and after your surgery it will be a little mouse back in your head telling you to eat. You look at food, and you want to dive into it, and then you realize 'hey wait, I had RNY, I won't be able to eat this stuff even if I try', and then you move on.

About the liver shrinking diet: I did not have to do any diet whatsoever before my surgery. Not even for a day. So my liver was not important??? I don't think so. I think they just make you do this diet so you learn to say no to food. I find it really cruel, coz this is what we had to fight until this point and we lost the battle, so what makes them think we can do it now? we can not say NO to food and that is why we got fat! (Ok not all of us, but 99% for sure)

Are you required to lose weight with your liver shrinking diet?

I think all you can do is just hang on for dear life and do the best you can. Nobody is expecting you to do perfect, but since you have to do this darn diet, just try...Best of luck to you!

Thank you all so much, I'm not sure if I have to lose weight, my current weight is 275.3 Im 5'7 the only thing they told me is not to gain any weight before surgery.I can't wait to go back to the doctor on the 14th

But you need to know that after your surgery it is much easier to control your head hunger. Right now it is a roaring lion for you, and after your surgery it will be a little mouse back in your head telling you to eat. You look at food, and you want to dive into it, and then you realize 'hey wait, I had RNY, I won't be able to eat this stuff even if I try', and then you move on.

About the liver shrinking diet: I did not have to do any diet whatsoever before my surgery. Not even for a day. So my liver was not important??? I don't think so. I think they just make you do this diet so you learn to say no to food. I find it really cruel, coz this is what we had to fight until this point and we lost the battle, so what makes them think we can do it now? we can not say NO to food and that is why we got fat! (Ok not all of us, but 99% for sure)

Are you required to lose weight with your liver shrinking diet?

I think all you can do is just hang on for dear life and do the best you can. Nobody is expecting you to do perfect, but since you have to do this darn diet, just try...Best of luck to you!

So glad I read this! I am battling head hunger right now and not gonna lie...its a b*t*h!! I have had moments of weakness...I have chew up and spit out chicken as my dr has me on a full liquid clear diet....but no sf Jello no sf popsicles....nothing. ridiculously insane! Im feelin like I could cave! Wth....10days of this!?!? Im only on day 4?@#/^& im so screwed.

I started my liver shrinking diet on Monday. Today is my third day. Head hunger is alive and thriving. Thankfully I am allowed to have some greens (spinach, broccoli, kale) which I gratefully ate with lemon last night. I am also allowed sf Jello and sf popsicles. I have to loose 15 lbs by the 18th. Ugh....but I have been very faithful and stuck to the diet......so far :-)

Awesome!!!! Liver reduction is so hard for me tho,I fell off a bit but I'm going to keep trying

Hi everyone, 9 days out on RNY and this topic of head hunger is fascinating. Yeah, its got a hold of me already too...but I have decided to figure a way around it that works for me. I am going to try to look at the world filled with food in the same way I look at other wishes in my life that I'm NOT getting. For example, Caribbean Cruises, fancy cars, big diamond rings, a front row seat at a Bon Jovi concert...you get the drift...BECAUSE: I already got my biggest wish!! My surgery. My second chance. SOOOOO, I take a deep, delicious inhaling smell of that grill, the baked goods, the popcorn; and enjoy that the best I can! Ain't goin' in the pouch anyway! And oh, yeah, no one said it was easy! But for me, it's doable for now...hey...where's my headphones????????

The head hunger isn't as bad after surgery. I had my surgery two weeks ago and today is the first day that my brain is wanting to eat something. I think it is because I have my check up tomorrow and I get to start soft foods.

The head hunger isn't as bad after surgery. I had my surgery two weeks ago and today is the first day that my brain is wanting to eat something. I think it is because I have my check up tomorrow and I get to start soft foods.

Congrats on surgery! Eat a bite for.me! Im dying on this liquid crap! :)

Congrats on surgery! Eat a bite for.me! Im dying on this liquid crap! :)

I finally was able to eat soft foods yesterday. I could not eat 2 ounces of cottage cheese. You can definitely feel the restriction.

I'm six months post op. Head hunger is still a big issue for me. Of course after surgery it wasn't for a few months but now that I can eat fairly normally it's back with a vengeance. I have to be very vigilant to keep an eye on it.