Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser So. California

I'm taking my classes at the Corona Kaiser. Riverside does not offer anything bariatric related.

I'm going to push for Fontana in I can. It's good to know that you had a good experience there.

I can't wait f

I had a question. I am attending the options classes. I am at week 8, and only four more classes until graduation. Does any of you know if dr chin or fedorka will operate on me if i havent lost or gained weight. I am still at the same weight since i started the classes and its starting to get to the end and i am kind of scared that they will not operate on me if i havent lost any weight. My weight keeps fluctuating; it will go up and down and then stay the same.They say specifically in the classes that you dont have to lose any weight pre op but it is recommended that you do lose about 10% of your body weight. Keyword is recommended, so that doesnt mean that is a must. Im wracking my brains out here. I dont know what to believe. has anyone every heard stories about chin or fedorka not giving surgery to people for staying the same weight? Thank you :)

I had a question. I am attending the options classes. I am at week 8, and only four more classes until graduation. Does any of you know if dr chin or fedorka will operate on me if i havent lost or gained weight. I am still at the same weight since i started the classes and its starting to get to the end and i am kind of scared that they will not operate on me if i havent lost any weight. My weight keeps fluctuating; it will go up and down and then stay the same.They say specifically in the classes that you dont have to lose any weight pre op but it is recommended that you do lose about 10% of your body weight. Keyword is recommended, so that doesnt mean that is a must. Im wracking my brains out here. I dont know what to believe. has anyone every heard stories about chin or fedorka not giving surgery to people for staying the same weight? Thank you :)

As long as you don't gain weight they will still operate. I only lost 2 lbs during Options. Good luck!

Btw, I am throwing out my recommendation for Dr. Chin! Loved him!

Edited by sleevie.wonder

Good news! I met with a nutritionist last week at Kaiser. I had many questions for her, she was patient and explained everything. The thing I most worried about was the liquid diet before surgery. I had heard two weeks to one day was required. I have an active job and was worried I would not be able to do it without running out of energy and possibly getting run down. The good news is...... She said either a one day liquid diet or NONE would be required! I can live with that.

That's good to know. I went through kaiser options in corona as well. My classes ended on June 23 and I did all lab work on July 1st. I'm now waiting to get the referral to the surgeon. All they told us at the end of class is that it can be on average 2-4 months for surgery after class ends. They also told us our kaiser plan will get determine the surgeon- I guess we don't get to choose.

Good news! I met with a nutritionist last week at Kaiser. I had many questions for her, she was patient and explained everything. The thing I most worried about was the liquid diet before surgery. I had heard two weeks to one day was required. I have an active job and was worried I would not be able to do it without running out of energy and possibly getting run down. The good news is...... She said either a one day liquid diet or NONE would be required! I can live with that.

It's a long process isn't it? Did they mention where they do the surgery in the IE area? I'm hoping for Fontana since Riverside doesn't do it.

I start my classes tonight.... Can't wait.

Lol it does feel long especially the closer you get to the end. Although the 12 weeks did seem to go by pretty fast. I'm not sure if they send riverside people to Fontana. It seems like a lot go to murrieta for dr Suh. I will let you know when I get my referral to go.

It's a long process isn't it? Did they mention where they do the surgery in the IE area? I'm hoping for Fontana since Riverside doesn't do it. <br> I start my classes tonight.... Can't wait.

I didn't know there was a Kaiser in Murietta. Do you have any idea where you might get the surgery? I want the sleeve not the bypass.

Yea there is no kaiser in murrieta but they contract with different surgeons. Dr suh is one they contract with. My mother did options at kaiser Fontana 3 years ago and she had her surgery with dr Suh in murrieta. I want the sleeve as well. I'm thinking I will probably get dr Suh since I live in perris but I'm not sure. They told us we don't get to pick.

I believe it is Inland Valley Medical Center.

I went to my first Options class last night. I was disappointed. The RD talked about herself almost non stop. We got very little information and some mis-information. Hopefully it will get better.

Sorry to hear that. They don't really give you too much information about what to expect after the classes are over while you are going thru the program.

I went to my first Options class last night. I was disappointed. The RD talked about herself almost non stop. We got very little information and some mis-information. Hopefully it will get better.

That's definitely frustrating to hear that. At least you will have a different "teacher" pretty much every week. They range from nutritionists, psychiatrists, MDs, etc.

I'm sure you weren't the only one in class who was disappointed, I would definitely fill out one of Kaisers surveys or speak to someone directly about it. My experience at Fontana was very positive.

I'm hoping it gets better. She gave us a food and exercise log to fill out everyday. That's the most direct advice we got "fill this out, if you eat 15

Cookies one week then eat 5 the next". WTH?

I didn't know we will have a different teacher each week. That's encouraging. I will let you know how the next class goes.