Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser So. California

That's great! I'm hoping for an August date so we will see

I'm so sorry about your appointment! I know you were looking forward to getting your surgery date. Did they put you on a list to call you if an appointment becomes available? Please let me know whats going.

Hi Susan909,

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I ended up getting an appt with the surgeon 2 weeks later from the original appt. After my consultation, I was told to wait for a scheduler to call me to give me a surgery date. I waited a few days and heard nothing so I called and she said there was a waiting list but she was kind enough to give me a date. My date is September 10th which is way later than I was hoping but what can I do. She did put me down on the cancellation list so there is a small chance it could be earlier but I'm planning on the September date. I do feel better that at least I have a date so I can plan accordingly. How are your classes going? Hopefully when you're done, your location won't have as long as a wait mine does.

That's great you got an appointment! How long ago did you start the whole process? What hospital will you have your surgery at?

I finished my third class last night at Kaiser Corona. I have to say the classes have been a big disappointment. But I have to do them.

I am so excited for you and that your journey is almost at an end.

I started my option classes in mid March. My surgery will be done at the West LA Kaiser. I'm sorry your classes are disappointing. Hopefully it will pick up a little. They should be following the material somewhat that has a lot of info. Our classes had a nutritionist and a behavioral therapist alternating weeks. The class discussions helped a lot too so hopefully you have a good group.

That's great you got an appointment! How long ago did you start the whole process? What hospital will you have your surgery at?<br> I finished my third class last night at Kaiser Corona. I have to say the classes have been a big disappointment. But I have to do them.<br> I am so excited for you and that your journey is almost at an end.[/quote

I just got my surgery moved from Sept. 10th to Monday, August 11th. Things just got real and I'm really anxious/nervous now. Excited but I need to prepare NOW yikes! I hope your classes have improved.

Wow aug11! That's great! What type of pre op diet do you have to do?

I have not found out about the pre op diet yet but I'm sure I will get more info during my pre op appt Wednesday.

I have not found out about the pre op diet yet but I'm sure I will get more info during my pre op appt Wednesday.

Do you know who your surgeon will be at west LA kaiser? I'd really like to know if they select the surgeon or if you have a choice? I'd like to do some background checks to make sure they're well versed in the sleeve surgery. Is that what your having? Thank you for all your info and I wish you the best of luck ! Pls post whatever if any pre op diet they make you do. I'm having my option classes at woodland hills Kaiser sept 19th. So guesstimating you took 5 months. Maybe by February of next year I'll have my surgery.!! Best wishes- Debbie

Do you know who your surgeon will be at west LA kaiser? I'd really like to know if they select the surgeon or if you have a choice? I'd like to do some background checks to make sure they're well versed in the sleeve surgery. Is that what your having? Thank you for all your info and I wish you the best of luck ! Pls post whatever if any pre op diet they make you do. I'm having my option classes at woodland hills Kaiser sept 19th. So guesstimating you took 5 months. Maybe by February of next year I'll have my surgery.!! Best wishes- Debbie
Yes, I believe you have a choice because when I had my appt cancelled I would have been able to change surgeons if I wanted. If you request another facility that isn't in your "area" then those that are local to that facility get priority over you. This is how it was explained to me.Yes, I'm getting the sleeve. The pre op diet is to have only liquids the day before and then nothing after midnight...that's it. Was the September 19th class the next available? The program is very informative. There were probably 6 out of the 20 in my class that changed their mind. I feel like they really give you an idea of what you're getting yourself into and gives you 12 weeks to really think about your decision. Although I was 100% sure I wanted surgery at the beginning of the class, about midway through I really questioned if getting the sleeve was the right thing for me. By the end of the class, I knew I was making an informative decision to get the surgery. Good luck to you!

I am so excited for you! I hope you share the details of your pre op visit.... Ie: pre diet and whatever else they tell you lol......

Last week at my options class they handed me a letter and it was instructing me to get a bunch of labs done. I was shocked and it felt like Wow this is really going to happen! The NUT also mentioned the faster you get them done the better for us cuz it shows "them" you are serious. I fasted that night and got them done the next day. Even tho I've only lost 12 lbs of the 18 I need to lose my blood sugar is in the normal range now. I can't wait to hear about your pre op

I just finished my options classes at Kaiser Downey. The classes are very informational and you get a lot of support from your classmates. we were fortunate enough to be able to attend a Post op support group meeting and received straight forward and honest answers to ourquestions from patients that had received their surgery. After you finish all of your classes and have labs and physical done you literally will get called within the week to be scheduled for consult with your surgeon. I have seen my surgeon but due to the fact that I just had my lap band removed I have to wait at least 6 months to a year to be cleared for surgey. Fom what I have heard from classmates it will go real fast.

Sounds like you had really good options classes mine our not good at all. The RD talks about herself nearly the whole time. I don't like sounding so negative but it's not what I had expected at all. I'm hoping that getting my labs done so early will help speed the process up at the end. I don't think they do labs twice but I'm not certain. Why do you have to wait 6 mos after having the Lap Band removed? Is it to let the stomach heal?

I had my consultation today and I have been scheduled for surgery on wed aug 20! I'm so excited!

I had my consultation today and I have been scheduled for surgery on wed aug 20! I'm so excited!

Wow, that's great! That was really quick. Which hospital? Good luck to you!