Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to have my gasric bypass on June 24 and would like to talk to people with the same date or near to the same and compare experiences. :)

I am scheduled to have my gasric bypass on June 24 and would like to talk to people with the same date or near to the same and compare experiences. :)

Hi,I am having surgery on the 19 it has taken time to set up, but the past few days I've been nervous and not sleeping well. I still have to go get my Protein drinks as well as all the Vitamins, doing it this weekend. How are you doing, any concerns?

Hi there, I'm having my bypass on the 23rd. So it looks like we may be in the hospital the same time.

I've been doing my shakes, drinking plenty of Water, coffee and Vitamins.

Was eating raw vegetables but that got really boring so now I've been having a nice warm large Soup mug with lower sodium chicken broth and a can of salt free string Beans and of course my dessert of sugar free popsicles.

When I first started that a few days ago I didn't think I could just live on this but now I'm not experiencing any hunger at all.

I had a very long session with my surgeon and nutritionist on Thursday and now that this is done I just have to weigh in next Friday at their office and just pack a few things on the weekend and on Monday walk into a new life.

The only issue I am having with the pre op diet is I am really tired. I have an active job and as soon as I get home want to go to bed. Cindy and Lorrainne, it would be nice to keep in touch and compare experiences. I keep thinking I should be more nervous but I guess the excitement of a new life takes over. I am so happy to have found this site. My family and friends are very supportive but I don't think they truly understand so I love hearing other people's stories and comparing notes.

I am having my gastric bypass on the 25th. My pre-op at the doctor's office and hospital is this Thursday. I am more anxious about the pre-op than I am the actual surgery. This will be my 7th surgery, I have already had 5 lumbar surgeries and spinal cord stimulator implanted in my back. I am more worried about the fear of the unknown since I have never had an abdominal surgery before. Not sure what to expect.

I'm thinking that perhaps your body is responding to the pre op intake.

Maybe withdrawal from your normal food. This is a big change in our life.

Considering the meals and Snacks that we are so used to ingesting this change might make our bodies wonder what the heck is going on.

Are you drinking enough Water or fluids throughout the day? Dehydration is one of the things that they are warning us about. Sip, sip, sip all day long before and after surgery.

I hated Water before all this was about to begin but now that I drank more and more I'm finding it a habit. Trying to get away from those individual bottles and filling a pretty glass pitcher with tap water and yesterday put lemon in it just made it better. But, on the go I must take water so I'm going to try and put the water in some of those mason jars and put a small cooler in the car as traveling most of the day. They aren't pretty but they are more cost effective.

Jtickle: As I read your concern I just want to reassure you that those of us who have had abdominal surgeries (I had three C sections) way back when.

I sure did hurt but considering that they are just making 6 holes and doing them robotical will lessen the pain. I was told that they are giving me pain medicine while I'm still under after they are done surgery and will administer pain meds on scheduled timing after. We must take them to prevent the ups and downs from no pain to more pain. We will sit up after a set time in our rooms and walk, walk, walk to give us strength and move the lungs to make them stronger. I'll be here this week doing my routine and not trying to think ANY negative thoughts as I know that the more we give those we get more. It's up and up and away to our new lives and change is scary BUT WE WIN YAY !!!!!!!!!

I am scheduled on the 25th. Am well into my preop diet, and shedding weight. Not finding it to difficult yet. I'm sure those days are too come!

My date is June 23rd. Just a week away. I'm so psyched! I have three appointments this week with the Bariatric center. One for Pre-Ed, One with the surgeon, and then my Pre Admission.

Thanks to you all for responding, It is nice to know that I can talk to other people who really understand. Lorraine you are probably right about my body saying " Ok where is all the sugar and fat that I used to have." and it has decided to rebel. But it will just have to get used to it. I am trying to drink as much as I can. You have some great ideas. Thanks. jtickle you will do great. I had my gallbladder out laproscopically and it really was not that bad. Take the meds when you need them and walk as much as possible to help with the gas. Good luck to all of us. Very soon we will be on the other side and sitting on the loser's bench.

Im having my surgery on the 24th aswell. its been a very looooong 2 weeks of fluids. I dont think i can go on anymore, i just wanna have the opp over and done with now. im getting admitted tomorrow at 1pm. im counting the hours now actually and im hoping for a safe surgery with no complications..

2 days to go and I cannot wait, The preop diet has not been too bad but I have not lost any weight. Surprising. I was lucky and my doc allowed 1 meal a day. I hope we all have routine surgeries and easy recoveries. Let's all keep in touch on the other side.

Well here it is surgery day. I am so excited but also a bit nervous. I know the next few weeks won't be easy but I am ready to start my new life. Good luck to all June RNYers. :)